What's new

Do You Believe In Online Relationships?

For experience only. Unless they live in your town then that's probably a chance logic there. But other than that... i gave up on the whole scene.

It's hard enough to make things work even when you see someone in person all the time. And, over the computer, you see only what the other person wants you to see. By spending time with someone, you will eventually see all aspects of their character. I'm not saying you can't MEET someone on the internet and then get to know them in person, but I do firmly believe it takes time spent with someone (in person) to get to know what they're really all about and form a genuine bond with them. If you haven't met them, you can only speculate about what they're actually like.

The Woman Killed ......

who had her baby cut from her womb met her killer in the internet. The killer saw that the woman was pregnant from here picture she posted with puppies for sale. The killer posed as a puppy buyer but really wanted the baby 8 months old , still in the womb. The dead woman had even sent the killer a map of how to get to her house to buy a pup. Goes to show, when you deal with someone on the internet, you just don't know what will happen!

Frank

:eek:

Frank D. White said:
who had her baby cut from her womb met her killer in the internet. The killer saw that the woman was pregnant from here picture she posted with puppies for sale. The killer posed as a puppy buyer but really wanted the baby 8 months old , still in the womb. The dead woman had even sent the killer a map of how to get to her house to buy a pup. Goes to show, when you deal with someone on the internet, you just don't know what will happen!

Frank

:eek:

I read that story in my local paper on Saturday, but I didn't see any mention of the Internet angle. Disturbing. Another reason to avoid cyber-relationships, you just never know who, or what you're dealing with.

It's just like choosing your mate based on nationality only. To me, it's just limiting yourself. Leave yourself open. Cautiously open, but open.
Generally speaking they probably work best if you're younger and still don't have as clear an idea what you're looking for. At a certain point, when a first impression can eliminate certain types, an online search may start to feel like a very hit and miss proposition. Although I've never tried it myself where awkwardness is much greater talking remotely than in person. Not that it would be a great strategy for meeting Japanese men either that literally take years to know every wee little bit more intimately....:eek:

Elizabeth said:
Not that it would be a great strategy for meeting Japanese men either that literally take years to know every wee little bit more intimately....:eek:

Yes, we know all about that, don't we? 😌

kirei_na_me said:
Yes, we know all about that, don't we? 😌
And just when you're almost ready to resist, they finally start to blame the woman for becoming too cold and distant, you can't help but confess your feelings, everything is forgiven and, well, who knows what can happen from there .... :p

bonjour,it is a sharp item. i think in live all can happen and it make life so nice. i think you can have friend relationship on the net it depends what you are looking for.i think the way you think or you write ideas or words is sometimes much nicer than usual appearence of faces. of course on the net people keep secret because they feel old or not nice. the real problem is we give too much value to external overview of people that s the way it works for ages with love and divorces. i think the net is very similar but the first part is just as cinema it can carry on or stop all of a sudden after it s just life and what you do with it, laugh or cry, ... the net is a chance as fas as it remain free to make people think and talk together and thats good. the peculiar risks should not be considered or never live.
happy chrismas
friendly
marcel

People in the network are Shadows of what they really are...

Get to know them better and they will show you their colours.

I am way too lazy to keep a long, strong and deep relationship that can be held only online. Not for me, but maybe it works for someone who likes to be very intimate with another person through a computer, which is becoming popular and possible.

I type in a similar way as I talk, I feel comfortable putting my thoughts into words when I type. Communicating with people online gives me a lot of freedom and space, in other words, it gives me a convenient escape from being too involved.

Interesting...virtual relationships are just that... virtual. They're not to be compared with face to face relationships - they're different and should be assessed in a different way. That's their fun.
As to whether the person is what they say they are? So what if they're not? In a face to face relationship do you really know the person who's sitting opposite you? Possibly not. You think you do. You think they're faithful when they're not. You think they love you, when they don't. (OK you old cynic...)
The web is all about new types of communication and virtual relationships are just one manifestation.
Charlie (the man with a huge one...haha)

um well i guess i do but then they dont always work you know. Ive had 3 relatioships online one last almost a year. It quite hard that your not with that person physically and it can really get you sad but then you always get to talk to them and that. I found it hard to not get down because my boyfirend was across the ocean and its not like i have money to throw around to go see him. The distance killed the relationship in the end but it was still good. *sigh* i gotta stop falling for guys online..im way to hyper to be depressed V.V

Three

What was it that Oscar Wilde said?
I sympathise with the predicament you face and perhaps having three that failed is more than just bad luck but symptomatic of the web's failings in certain areas. The web isn't infallable and isn't the answer to all our needs - as many seem to think it is. Look at the disaster in SE Asia. The web did nothing to warn people of the oncoming tsunami and yet we're always told how it is the great communicator.
Not quite yet.

i met a girl a couple of years ago on the internet and i had a relation for her for 9 months, i met her 1 time in 2 weeks.
now i got a j-woman, i see her in 6 months, just we talk phone on internet, were engaged, so yeah it can work

Is this really work? I am so confused with online realtionship! Now I'm just waiting for my "online crush" to come to MSN, but he didn't show up today... We have planned on this on Tuesday! So bad! I feel so lonely now... :(

Back
Top Bottom