What's new

Desperately looking for an old friend, almost like a sister to me

Melisa yen

Registered
25 Mar 2017
Hello, I'm looking for a friend I knew 20+ years ago (around 1991), her name now is Kim Ichikawa. She came to my country (Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia) to volunteer work (government exchange programme) for a while and we grew quite close in that short timespan, she was like an older sister to me. Back then FB wasn't available yet, so we would write letters to each other after she went back to Japan. But as time pass by, we got busy with our own things and stopped writing to each other. I'm traveling to Japan next week and want to look for her. I manage to get her last address from a mutual friend but I found out that she might no longer be living in Fukushima anymore. All I have is that last address (can I post her address up here?) and her husband's name: Ryoichi Ichikawa.

I tried looking for her and her husband in FB but to no avail. Can someone help? I miss her a lot and do think of her throughout the years and really want to reconnect with her. I might be able to find her picture, the last one I received from her back then. If I'm allowed to post her pic I would do it here too.

Would it be possible to get in touch with the program? They might be able to give you more information that could lead to her.

Would it be possible to get in touch with the program? They might be able to give you more information that could lead to her.

No, because the lady I got her latest old house address from is the last person to keep in touch with her (she's a local here and part of the program too). That aside, it's a dead end. She was still keeping in touch with her using snail mail back then. Also pre-FB era. :(

Back
Top Bottom