What's new

Crime and Etiquette in Japan

I am thinking about posting it when it's done, I will definitely share what kind of results I got from the survey.

I won't be taking your survey. The questions are ill-formed and sometimes loaded. I don't see how you're ever going to collate the data. You also have very poor demographics questions (one, actually), so as far as you know a person who says they aren't a native to Japan could be a long-term resident, a tourist, a working holiday visa holder, etc., as well as American, Turkish, Malaysian, Argentinian, etc.

I completely understand what you are saying and agree, I know I'm not experienced with surveys and this was my first attempt at one so I am not using this survey as a main topic in my essay and may only use it to add to certain points I make. Thank you for your constructive feedback :)

Last edited:
I would also suggest to define what you consider crime. Do you mean specifically violent crime, or do you mean everything from bicycling without a proper headlight to fraud to visa over-stayers, etc.... For example, if a tout on the street tries to lure me into a strip-club, and I know that touting is illegal, have I then been victim of a crime? (Sorry, just using an extreme example here - I suspect you mean assault or burglary, but just wanted it to be clarified).

Yes, watch out for the leading questions also.

I think you're also primarily going to get mostly foreigners perceptions of crime and etiquette in Japan. This is a completely different topic than that which you seem to want to learn about.

Back
Top Bottom