What's new

Could you fall in love online?

I think you could have a strong affection for someone online. You're falling in love with their personality rather than basing your decision solely off looks at first. Sure they could be lying to you but you'd rather believe otherwise because in the end...every relationship's infrastructure is trust.

I've personally yet to do so [well...personally yet to fall in love at all] but I know some who have -- some haven't turned out well, some have [heck, two people I know got married after they finally met]. I've held strong affections for friends -- but mostly because I consider them in higher regard than some other people I know online...but I'm not in love.

Anythings possible, I guess. In online relationships you attempt to see past looks and concentrate the personality and such [well...at least IMO]. Yeah, eventually you'd like to put a face to the name [sooner rather than later for some].

If you two are just casual friends online -- they usually tell you about their hates, loves, problems, friends, etc. You may not even realize how much you like their little quirks or flaws and how involved you two are getting until later.

Yeah...I'll stop this repetitive endless prattle now. But yeah -- I think you could develop a strong affection for someone online -- absolutely love their personality...but I don't think you could fall in love with someone until you've actually met them.

well it's very possible to fall in love on the net i have a few time lol ( ya gave it all away lol)
but u just need to watch out when your on the net tho but yes it's possible to fall in love on the net very possible ^_^

Yes, possible indeed. I been in love online, but you got to be careful because of perverted people out there.
but yeah its possible, well for me atleast because when she's online, she listens to me.

If the person in question believes ya and thrust ya everything can happens than. It's possible that you can fall in love online. Why not? The sky ain't the limit. But i never tried it. My motto is: See and contact first than go for the action.

''Ore no namae wa Shun desu''
Doozo Yooroshiku.

'Konbanwa Minnasan'
Kisses and Regards
Oguri Shun

I lived three years with someone I met on chat and fell in love on chat, so that means yes you can fall in love online...

(I wasn't lookin' for a date, it just came to that after many conversations...ya know, then you meet and stuff :))

It's just a matter whether or not the person is who she/he claims to be...therefore you have to meet eventually and get to know each other in real.

Well, I finially got around to coming here.

Seeing that, as has been said already, really, 'love'--in that bubbly, romantic, 'can't get you out of my head' sense--is, for all practical reasons, all in the head, YES !! One can surely fall in love through the optic-fiber cables.

And I have met a few people here on Jref that I have become friends with and I hope to meet Mars Man in person during my next visit to Japan. Hear that MM? I'm taking you up on your offer to visit you in the country!

The offer is open and I've enough wood to BBQ a ranch, and will have enough Asahi or Yebis--or/and some Nama to drown a fish. Of course we have enough room here to house or tent your whole family on both sides to boot...so....bring it on !! We're waiting...and I'd like to try to get some others up here too...say Mikawa Ossan, Revenant, Dutch Baka, Mike Cash, and if things were to go my way, epigene, Kyoko_desu, Cue, and a few others--I wish Tsuyoiko and Kinsao could come too...and Damicci (oh no...can't remember the spelling) and many others. Our place is your place...:)

No-one ever remembers Nuri. :(

You can fall in love online, but the whole distance thing can and in vast majority of cases will end in tears.

RYUICHI SAKAMOTO : MERRY CHRISTMAS MR LAWRENCE(Furyo version)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Forbidden Colours by David Sylvian & Ryuichi Sakamoto)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wounds on your hands never seem to heal
I thought all I needed was to believe
Here am I, a lifetime away from you
The blood of Christ, or the beat of my heart
My love wears forbidden colours
My life believes
Sensless years thunder by
Millions are willing to give their lives free
Does nothing live on?
Learing to cope with feelings aroused in me
My hands in the soil, buried inside of myself
My life believes in you once again
I'll go walking in circles
While doubting the very ground beneath me
Trying to show unquestioning faith in everyone
Here am I, a lifetime away from you
The blood of Christ, or a change of heart
My life believes
My life believes in you once again.

''Love is everything if it's really love then why not everything is possible''

Kisses and hugs to ya all.
*Kayo*

No-one ever remembers Nuri. :(

I didn't forget about you Nurizeko san !! Not really. But actually, there are a lot of other folks which I'd love to have over...couldn't mention them all...and the three 'not-in-Japan' people I did mention are the closest by way of contact and connection.

Of course, I'd love to have you join too !! Come on over !! We've got plenty of room !! 👍 :)

Yes...it would !! and I think your son would have a great time playing soccer in the soccer field down below the house (I put up goals at each end) or playing around in the treehouse down by the creek. Or, he could take out the one million Lego pieces that my sons have strewn all over the upstairs floor in the dozo which I remodeled...and during that time we could enjoy darts and good beer and crazy joking and living it up !!!!!!

Let's try to make it happen this year. It's a lucky year for that anyway !!!

I'll probably be here for a good long while nurizeko san, but I am getting a bit older with each 5 year block. (yeah, I don't age year by year, but in five year blocks at a time....) See you later !!

hmm

Fallling in love online hmm well that could happen. I mean i got gf online which i never met real life but going to soon. Its not bad as long as ur careful but most people would think whats the point.

Hehe this is funny and kind of sad to

My freind has a gf who lives in Wala Wala. He hasnt met her in real life. He cried because he missed her and such.. Weird huh and sort of sad hehe.. I known my freind since elementary and he isnt successful in getting girls. So i think its best for him to keep his online gf hehe..

As for me im good with who i have now which is online. I called her usually i talk to her for like 3hrs or less.. She doesnt live far from me anyway hehe.. anyways hehe

In a way a relationship could work well to get started online because you make the connection based more on your personalities than looks. Not thinking of dating sites but rather special interest forums, you can meet people there, and you at least share a one interest and you could chat and become friends online, and actually if you meet up for real, looks aren't so important because you are already sympathetic in character. :)

i couldnt. if i fall in love with a girl outside spain and i cant see her all the days i could suicide -,-

Im currently chatting/mailing with a japanese girl whom I met on a penpal forum. I was looking for a japanese person, just to ask some questions to. While reading her application form, she seemed to be interesting as she had studied in NZ so she was very fluent in english.

Now I have been in contact with her for almost 2 months, and we try to mail eachother almost every day. Its the first time Im actually really interested in staying in contact with a person I dont know. She is very kind to me. She has helped me out with a lot of things, allthough shes very busy with school. So eventually we changed out some pictures. Shes really pretty, kinda prototype japanese girl (small, pale skin, dark long hair,..). Im teaching her french, and for the rest we just exchange our daily happenings to eachother. Now she knows I will visit Japan this summer, and I was kinda joking at first that she could be my guide when im in Tokyo (thats where she lives) but she was kinda excited. So im definetly considering meeting her when im there, and we will see what happen..

So my conclusion is, I think people may fall in love online because I never believed I could be so hooked up with someone online. Though I dont feel any love feelings personally, I think other people could get them. Online you may descover whether a person is interesting or not interesting to you, and whether he/she is interested in you to, but I could only fall in love with someone if I really meet her in real time. Indirectly, meeting someone online can result in meeting eachother in real time, so it may start a relationship..

True Love~
does~
Exist in~
CyberSpacE~~

I do believe that~

Tho unfortunately, It won't happen over here to me~. I live on a different dimension where love doesnt really exist~ dun dun dunnn~

meeting someone online can result in meeting eachother in real time, so it may start a relationship..

^ My thoughts exactly. (In fact I know my bf first from a website, although because we live quite close we could meet each other in real life almost straightaway :))

Rio Lee said:
Tho unfortunately, It won't happen over here to me~. I live on a different dimension where love doesnt really exist~ dun dun dunnn~

Awww Rio, why so negative?!? ☝ :(

I remember on the first forum I ever joined there was this guy that every girl had a crush on- including me:D
But I really don't think you can experience the 'Real Thing' online because in spite of what people say Love isn't just about emotions, it has to be manifest physically too. I don't just mean sex i mean those little things you find attractive about someone like the feel of their skin or their jawbones or the precise colour and depth of their eyes.
You can't know someone through and through if you only them through the net.
Then again there are different forms of love, and if any of you do have a relationship online- good luck :D

I think you can get a feeling like love, or be in love with the image you have made of that person but without meeting them for real and seeing what they are really like its hard to say you love that person. While there are decent people there are also many deceptive about so either way everyone should be careful.

Back
Top Bottom