What's new

COVID-19 Coronavirus: global situation

My thought behind was this: let's make China the "good" and make America "the new silent enemy" to be afraid of now. That's how I saw it and I still feel the same way. And, yes, I feel American reporting on this is just as bad as any other country's reporting. As the saying goes "its all about national security", yes, but for who, those that want to remain in power.
And by the way, how well do you think is showing leadership and direction most recently. Not before, because he simply was misled either on purpose or simply was in the dark as of what was taking place.
My big question is this. Why wasn't the military sharing top secret info about pictures of Wuhan, well, didn't he fire some top brass not to long ago. Anyway, as the Japanese have been saying "the world is in a mess".
Stay safe man, out the door cycling for me now.

One of the AIN guys from the Theodore Roosevelt warship died. And I am only allowed to voice one opinion on that so I shall voice no opinion on that.

Thank you for your restraint. The son of a friend of ours is actually a sailor on that ship. He's just a kid. (I don't think he's even old enough to drink legally in the USA yet). I believe he doesn't have CV or is at least asymptomatic so thankful for that.

It's weird that I see ABC pumping up the good news about China when in fact we all know it total BS.
So whats up with ABC. Not that I ever watch it . But I remember ABC was pro-American. Or is it because the CEO is a foreigner with dual-citizenship and is anti-American?
The China numbers may or may not be underreported but I haven't seen any evidence that the reported trends are wrong.

Yesterday I made a plan for a story that can be changed into a thriller movie. This story is relative to the Corona virus and I mixed it with a little humore to be more pleasant, so let me to tell the story:

A group of astronauts have traveled to Uranus years ago to establish a developed technological town in the planet. After a while they notice their radio telecommunications has lost and they are not able to connect to the international space station in the earth. Whatever they try to contact the statiom their efforts are fruitless and their mobile phone show a message that connection is not available. First, they think a solar storm has happened and the communication systems have stopped working temporary in the earth because of the photon storm. But the continuous disconnection in the next days makes them suspicious which the happening is higher than the usual solar storm. The astronauts decide to go back to the earth to see what occurred. They order masons to continue their works and build the rest of the town in the Uranus in their absence , and then the astronauts get on a speedy spaceship and begin their travel to the earth. After two years they reach the orbit of the earth.

The commander of the astronauts who is suspecting about happening the world war III, looks to the earth with a binocular to see what is going in the earth. But when he sees the White House, Kremlin Palace and the president offices of Beijing and Pyongyang are in their own place, he becomes carefree.
Nonetheless he notices a weird things that remains open mouth. He looks at some cities and see all the towns, cities and even villages are private and no citizen is seen in the streets and other public places, and also all shops and markets in the world are closed!
He orders the pilot of the spaceship to fly to the international space control station immediately. When they land in the place , all the astronauts run toward the station office to meet their manager and realize what has happened.
When they enter the boss's office they see a scene that shocks them. They see a human skeleton with an off cigarette in its mouth is on the seat behind the table instead of their boss. The skeleton has a pen in his hand and a letter is on the table! The scene showed that most likely the letter was written by the skeleton long time ago.

The spaceship pilot shouts angrily, who are you, where is our boss? The commander of the astronauts puts his hand on the pilot's shoulder and says calmly, be quiet! don't you see the cigarette between its teeth? Don't you remember that our boss had always a cigarette in the corner of his mouth?

The pilot asks the commander astonished, do you mean he is our senior staff, the head of the station?
The commander replys, sadly, yes he is.

Then he goes to the table and takes the letter and reads. One of the astronauts asks him, please read loudly so that we understand what our deceased boss has written. The commander read with a high sound:

Hi, dear astronauts, you came late; while I think it was better you didn't leave Uranus at all and stayed there forever!
However you welcome and I'm happy that my bones meet you behalf of me! Whats the news of our town in Uranus? I sent you a box of Mexican Whiskey to make you warm in the cold weather of the planet! Did you received my gift? Oh it is not necessary you answer my question, because in this time I can't hear your words.

After you left us, a damn new virus was born in the Wuhan of China. It migrate with airplanes everywhere in the world and infected many people (Eh...Eh...Eh... Pardon me for the coughs). Yes, it infected many people while they where told to seek a shelter in their houses against the virus... but apparently the Covid 19 (it was the medical code of the virus) was severer than what the medical organizations and systems forecast ( Eh...Eh...Eh... excuse me. I'm coughing). Anyhow, I,m not interested to tell you the rest of the story. you can see yourself the rest of the adventure out of the station.
However, I know you have come a long way . My favorite drinks are in the closet, they remove your fatigue. Please help yourself ...Eh...Eh...Eh!!

This one made me smile a bit.

jt.jpg

This is a good article about what we know/don't know regarding how CV works.

They are seeing major risk factors include diabetes, obesity, age, hypertension. As far as I know, except for age, these are less prevalent in Japan.

Diabetes is on the increase and so is hypertension. Sad to say two things will also be on the increase. 1. old age divorce and 2. suicides .

Oh, I cannot wait to hear the reasons why the above meme is going to get hard core censored. PRC is gonna approve of that decision, that's for sure.

That said, its almost funny the way some people are so sure its the fault of China or even definitely originated in China. Its almost funny how badly they WANT that to be true.

I was thinking of cobbling together a list of people who are benefiting from Covid 19 to give us an idea of people who could have been behind it, if any, if you want some fodder for conspiracy theory. One of those groups are the lovers of authoritarianism that's for sure. Its been a boon to them.

Turn down the volume for the opening. I warned you.

The relevance is the just first minute about governments and crisis.

Last edited:
This could explain why CV deaths are not being noticed.

Older adults with Covid-19 have several "atypical" symptoms, complicating efforts to ensure they get timely and appropriate treatment, according to physicians.
Covid-19 is typically signaled by three symptoms: a fever, an insistent cough and shortness of breath. But older adults — the age group most at risk of severe complications or death from this condition ― may have none of these characteristics.

Sadly, corona virus was the worst disease after Aids in recent decades. There is no doubt that is a global disaster after the famous diseases such as Typhus, Cholera and Plague in the old eras. Aids was also a bad new disease that treated the health and life of a group of people. Fortunately, medical sciences could overcome the old fatal sicknesses but sadly the new ones were replaced with them and troubled people and also medicines.

It seems the nature doesn't allow human to live carefree away from the particular epidemic sicknesses even in the technology centuries. After extermination of the old dangerous diseases, it offered the new harmful microorganism such as Aids, and Covid-19 viruses to man.

In addition to these, some other new and unknown epidemic diseases were generated on the earth that were the cause of some people's death that Ebola was one of the deadly sicknesses. I think Ebola was more dangerous than Covid-19 but fortunately the virus was controlled and ir could not spread out in the world anymore. So we must wait for a medical treatment to destroy Covid-19 as well and save people from this advancing virus.

Sadly, corona virus was the worst disease after Aids in recent decades. There is no doubt that is a global disaster after the famous diseases such as Typhus, Cholera and Plague in the old eras. Aids was also a bad new disease that treated the health and life of a group of people. Fortunately, medical sciences could overcome the old fatal sicknesses but sadly the new ones were replaced with them and troubled people and also medicines.

It seems the nature doesn't allow human to live carefree away from the particular epidemic sicknesses even in the technology centuries. After extermination of the old dangerous diseases, it offered the new harmful microorganism such as Aids, and Covid-19 viruses to man.

In addition to these, some other new and unknown epidemic diseases were generated on the earth that were the cause of some people's death that Ebola was one of the deadly sicknesses. I think Ebola was more dangerous than Covid-19 but fortunately the virus was controlled and ir could not spread out in the world anymore. So we must wait for a medical treatment to destroy Covid-19 as well and save people from this advancing virus.
Yes. This is all "normal" in some sense. I think I posted this before but it's an interesting timeline of pandemics throughout human history. As of now the Swine Flu 10 years ago is still bigger (200K vs 185.5K) but I think that will change very soon.

I'm worried. I have sheltered in my mother's house against Covid-19 virus, but I am anxious I meet the damn virus eventually. I have prepared any type of the hygiene ammunition against it, among a disinfectant pistol and a few antibacterial soaps.

golrang-glass-cleaner-blue-500-ml-700x700-e1546519857710-310x165.jpg

index.jpg

Nonetheless, I am worried, just one of the viruses can pass from the security red lines and come close to me. For a better safety I even pour a little alcohol on my mask (I try not to lick the mask) to protect me more against the probable passerby virus. I use the hygiene pistol a few times in the different places of the house from the rooms to the yard door. I even hide somewhere in the yard and spray the disinfectant liquids toward the stray cats that are passing on the walls unawarely, because I think they can be the carrier of the virus and should be disinfected.

However, I have closed all the doors on the virus, nevertheless I should be more careful about the hygiene barriers to reduce my worry.

Thank you for the information

I heard in the news the disease has gotten worse in America and sadly about 50000 people of the country lost their soul because of the ominous virus infection. This is a regretful news. Aside from some humor that I write occasionally, I actually am sorry for those passed away people.

Unlike some governments who just think to power, wealth and domination oon more grounds and people, people are faultless and lovely. People don't want anything except a comfortable living and friendship among themselves. Although, the believes of the nations are different but the most majority of them are honest and follow humanity.

I also love American people and don't wish any misery or damage for them, rather I wish the best way and fate for them. During these years that I learned English at this little level and talked with English people I understood, despite some wrong believes they think humanity and love to travel to other countries and become more familiar with other people out of any pride, selfishness and racism. Of course, sadly some politicians don't think so. They mostly wish to govern on others instead of a fairly, friendly and kindly relationship.

Anyhow, I hope this virus go away as soon as possible and people of all countries get rid of the micro monster!

I have been chastised for using words like fascist to describe a lot of things. And I bet somewhere I described strict Corona virus lockdowns and the desire for them as such. Well guess what? Elon Musk is in my camp. Elon Freaking Musk folks! My freaking camp! Yup.

"To say that they cannot leave their house and they will be arrested if they do, this is fascist. This is not democratic, this is not freedom. Give people back their goddamn freedom!" --Elon Musk

Last edited:
I also love American people and don't wish any misery or damage for them, rather I wish the best way and fate for them. During these years that I learned English at this little level and talked with English people I understood, despite some wrong believes they think humanity and love to travel to other countries and become more familiar with other people

I must warn you that the people you talked to represent maybe half of Americans. The other half would not talk to you and only love to travel if it means its part of war, especially if they get to shoot at real people.

And those nice talking Americans you spoke to? They live in a happy little bubble and refuse to even speak in harsh terms against the evil Americans they have allowed to control America and oppress the world. Even I am mostly part of that group and all I can say for myself is at least I speak harshly. I have done no real act to stop the evil of my government and its minions, chief among them, the military.

But in my defense look how I am treated when I speak against this evil. I am not allowed to even speak freely without some tears about somebody's feelings getting hurt...while children die! So what can I do??

My remorse for Americans in any situation is extremely limited, and this pandemic is no exception. My remorse is mostly reserved for the innocent people Americans kill either directly, or indirectly through slavish paying of taxes and other support of the evil system, or through instigating wars and by sales of weapons to evil regimes.

Last edited:
Sadly, corona virus was the worst disease after Aids in recent decades.

In fact its only killed 1/3 of what the flu does every year...and 1/3 of the year had passed. Thus, its equal to the flu. And flu deaths are way down and for two reasons 1) people just were not getting sick at the end of last year and 2) people who would have died of pneumonia caused by flu instead died of pneumonia caused by corona.

We can expect higher deaths than usual this year I think, but I think we should be wary of extreme statements. I mean on many levels it is the worst after AIDs in recent decades.... such as the surprise factor.....but its still not plague.

Last edited:
I have been chastised for using words like fascist to describe a lot of things. And I bet somewhere I described strict Corona virus lockdowns and the desire for them as such. Well guess what? Elon Musk is in my camp. Elon Freaking Musk folks! My freaking camp! Yup.

"To say that they cannot leave their house and they will be arrested if they do, this is fascist. This is not democratic, this is not freedom. Give people back their goddamn freedom!" --Elon Musk

That's called rhetoric. He's said a lot of dumb stuff over the years -- including two words that cost him a $20 million dollar fine -- so that's not the most impressive person to have in your corner.

He also said "based on current trends, probably close to zero new cases in US too by end of April." It's the end of April now and it's not close to zero at all.

Last edited:
I'm starting to believe that COVID-19 isn't what we're making it out to be. Sadly, there are deaths. But, we are overreacting due to the number of deaths it causes.

I still believe that people should steer clear of Okinawa as we have an aging population here. However, we've only had 5 related deaths. It's not spreading; people are listening here... or, it's just a more warm/humid climate that is preventing it from spreading as it has elsewhere.

I must warn you that the people you talked to represent maybe half of Americans. The other half would not talk to you and only love to travel if it means its part of war, especially if they get to shoot at real people.

And those nice talking Americans you spoke to? They live in a happy little bubble and refuse to even speak in harsh terms against the evil Americans they have allowed to control America and oppress the world. Even I am mostly part of that group and all I can say for myself is at least I speak harshly. I have done no real act to stop the evil of my government and its minions, chief among them, the military.

But in my defense look how I am treated when I speak against this evil. I am not allowed to even speak freely without some tears about somebody's feelings getting hurt...while children die! So what can I do??

My remorse for Americans in any situation is extremely limited, and this pandemic is no exception. My remorse is mostly reserved for the innocent people Americans kill either directly, or indirectly through slavish paying of taxes and other support of the evil system, or through instigating wars and by sales of weapons to evil regimes.

I don't think the half of American people tend to war and shooting! The real number is about 10%.
So, about 70~80% of people of America think logically and tend to humanity and good relationship with other peoples.
During the Vietnam war that took long about 23 years, the mass of American people hold many meetings in the various states of America and protested against Nixon's policy who continued the fruitless war, persistently.

The American people requested Nixon and the other White House politicians to end the war and call back the military units of the Unite State from Vietnam country. Those meetings continued until Nixon had to submit against the society pressure of America and left the war inevitably and the fleets and infantry units of USA went back to America or the international waters.

This shows, the majority of people of America haven't any interest to war and are in the opposite side of militarism. They wish to be like other people and live peacefully and develop their trad and business and social relationship, just like China that instead of military affairs has developed its industries and technology and thus has attained a giant economy due to its comprehensive global trade and business.

So, I believe the majority of American people are not satisfied of militarism and wish to have a good living, life and also a fair and logical relationship with other peoples. This is one of the important factors that makes the minority militant group in America to be in caution of igniting the fire of a vain war.

This video is worth watching.

You can again see how Japan's curve is not following others. Recently Abe said, Japan is not undercounting deaths because all patients who have a CT scan and are showing interstitial pneumonia are getting tested without exception. But that's poor logic. What about all the patients who die before they get the scan? What about all the people who aren't showing that particular symptom? I'm not sure how many but there are reports of people having hypoxia without having cloudy lungs. Some of them don't even realize they are having severe issues because they are not gasping for air.

I'm starting to believe that COVID-19 isn't what we're making it out to be. Sadly, there are deaths. But, we are overreacting due to the number of deaths it causes.

I still believe that people should steer clear of Okinawa as we have an aging population here. However, we've only had 5 related deaths. It's not spreading; people are listening here... or, it's just a more warm/humid climate that is preventing it from spreading as it has elsewhere.
I assume Okinawa had plenty of Chinese tourists around the same time Hokkaido did. But you're not seeing any similarities to Hokkaido regarding viral spread which means it could be weather related. If so that's good news for those of us moving into spring/summer.

Last edited:
I hope they are watching nursing homes and elderly assisted living homes. It seems once it starts in their locations , it kills like a wildfire.

I hope they are watching nursing homes and elderly assisted living homes. It seems once it starts in their locations , it kills like a wildfire.
Those were the first on lock. But, one got it brought in to a home here; not accusing anyone, but probably carelessness of staff. Staff should shelter in place at the homes and take shifts until it blows over while we all get back to work.

It is a wonderful virus. It takes some people to the gateway of death, and has no risky things to do with some others.
Or maybe this wonder should be about some mysterious different in the body and blood of the patients that is not relative to physical power of body, though it mostly threats the older people.

Nonetheless we see a 102 years old women is treated easily after she infected with the virus (in Iran). I also saw a news about a 110 years old Iranian man who got the sickness but survived miraculously and went back to his home from hospital!

I think, even some people may have touched the virus somewhere unknowingly but were not infected!

I remembered something that is relative to the difference:

If I am with some people in an open area which there are some mosquitoes I will be the first target for the stings!! The mosquitoes ignore the group and come to me directly for dinner!
I told this adventure to my mother who is an experienced woman (she is not educated but has old experience). She said to me, your blood nature is sweet and the nature of blood of some other persons is bitter. The mosquitoes mostly are attracted to the sweet bloods (I give thanks to God that I was not in the Dracula time)

Although, her word seemed to come from the old and common people concepts and experience, nevertheless, I thought it was not far away from the medical and biological subjects. Probably this fact dependent on some biological and metabolic action and reaction of the different persons' body and blood.

For example, the blood that has been refined better, or the amount of sweating (I sweat much) or the quality of skin or the amount of some particular substances in the blood, or the number of red blood cells, and so on.
Mosquitoes have a few developed exploration, tracing and tracking systems that help them to sense (see and hear ) the blood flow in the vessels of humans or animals, even in the darkness. They also can receive the smells that each one has a meaning for them, especially the smells which comes from plants and body of human and animals. They also can understand the weather changes such as hard wind and rain, beforehand. In these situations they take a refuge somewhere to be safe.

As well as, the microorganisms like bacteria or viruses are similar to mosquito with some particular sensors that give them the ability to recognize the different environments. Based on the report of their biological sensors they do some different chemical reactions for defense or attack versus the live organs.

Mosquito, despite all its smallness and thinness is an intelligent beast that reacts against the smallest motion which threats it. It doesn't fly in a direct path but move to every side disorderly so that not to be detected. its only defect is that, it can't fly silently and the sound of its wings disclose its presence.

However, like mosquito, bacteria and viruses are equipped with some biological sensor and weapons that makes them able to recognize the environment and also the defensive factors that are against them. They have various methods and weapons to confront the defendants. dependent on the type of bacteria and virus they have different strategy and task and know (are programmed) how to open their way toward the final targets (who can claim God doesn't exist?!)

The success or failure of a virus or bacteria dependent on the biological conditions of the body which they influence in, that mostly are relative to the body defensive system and also it dependent on the number of the viruses that attack the body simultaneously.

Back
Top Bottom