What's new

Bush supports only Japan as new permanent UNSC member

1 Nov 2005
To my surprise: I read in Japan Today,that the President from the U.S will only support Japan as a new permanent UNSC member.
He calls Germany a very important country. Yes, I read it quite some time ago that the U.S. is not really interested in Europe. It never was. The attention goes to Asia, especially to Japan.

I have always wondered why. Is it because the U.S. knows that Europe will not attack America? Germany is a very important country ... but not important enough?

http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/421238

Thursday, November 8, 2007 at 13:02 EST

WASHINGTON — U.S. President George W Bush said Wednesday he would only support Japan as a new member of the U.N. Security Council and has no intention do so for other countries. Asked in a German television interview if he will back Berlin's desire to win permanent membership on the powerful U.N. body, he said, "I have not taken a stand on any specific country, except for Japan, and won't."

While calling Germany a "very important country," he said, "The only one country that I've endorsed has been Japan, and it's been a long-standing policy of the government of the United States, and I continue that policy." In his speech during the U.N. General Assembly meeting in September, Bush singled out Japan as a country that is "well-qualified" to become a permanent member of the U.N. Security Council.

France is the " swing vote " in this matter,with both Russia & China will always oppose it.😊

It is simple that he meant the Permanent 5 is five and the privilege should not be bloated. Nothing more, nothing less.

Okay pipokun, I fully agree with you!

But why Japan and why not Germany? Why on earth should Japan be more "well qualified" than Germany?
Or did the President of the U.S mean that Germany and some other countries in Europe are disqualified because of their refuse to join the war in Iraq?? Ugh!

Elizabeth, I believe that the reason is because Japan has done everything the US asks including allowing the former privatized postal savings system to be done away with so the international corporations and bankers can have access to that money to do as they wish. The scary part is, if it is lost like an Enron or the famous looting of the Savings and Loans in the US some 20 odd yrs ago, the Japanese people will lose billions of their savings. Prior to that it was the safest investment for the Japanese and "they" know what savers the Japanese are.

Japan implimented the fingerprint and biometric collection without question of all foreigners, especially Americans at their request.

The "Yen Carry Trade", where corporations or "select" individuals can borrow billions of yen at little or no interest to "invest" in other ventures and stocks that will yield higher interest or returns. In other words, it is free money.

Japan buys most of the US T-Bills every month that keeps the US afloat.

The head of the Japanese Finance Ministry is a former Goldman-Sachs employee as is the Secretary of the Treasury in the US. Coincidence? Not on your life. All government officials in major industrialized countries have ties or were employed by major financial instutions or major corporations.

That is why Bush is so keen on Japan and Japan obliges because they know these people can bring down their economy again as they did in the late 80's.

Germany and other countries, with the exception of the UK, willingly thumb their nose at the US when they disagree with US policy and are not kowtowing. For now they remain independent of the US and Bush is showing his appreciation to Japan for being such a good and all to willing puppet all these years and helping to keep the US from bankruptacy, which I believe is inevetable in a few short years.

I could go on and on, but I hope you get the picture.

Thank you very much Pachipro,

I had no idea that it is that bad, and oh yes I do get the picture.
You told us a lot in a few words. Pushing Japan in this situation can become quite dangerous in the end.
Wonderful to get a message from someone who knows so much. Thank you!

Bush Meets With German Chancellor
He met with her to discuss sanctions agains Iran which Germany is as yet unwilling to comply with. Until they comply I guess they will not get any consideration for a permanent seat on the UN council.

In another story the following day from the BBC, it says that Germany is "now studying its ties with the country." I wonder what was discussed? Could it be that until they comply, the US will allow the Euro to escalate against the dollar so that exports to the US will be impossible?

Back
Top Bottom