What's new

America Should Get Out of Japan, Now!!!

Really? Tell that to Koreans and Chinese. Many young people in those countries are taught to still hate the Japanese because of WW II even though they were not alive at the time and Japan is no where near what it was before and during WW II.

Very true indeed and In Australia, we have forgiven, some anyway, but have never forhgotten and the young one's are taught here.

My friends parents in Thailand pretty much hold a strong dislike towards anything Jpanese because of the past time attrocities they committed..

Umm your point at the beginning was all about why the US should leave Japan, and it was basically cuz some of them are causing problems/commiting crimes. And I've already said 3 times now that the US leaving Japan isnt going to bring an end to rape in Japan etc. But you seem to be turning this into a self glorification-holier than thou discussion..

Ok. Have you ever stood up to a bully? Have you ever quit because you didn't like what you were seeing? Have you ever been fired because you did the right thing? Have you ever come to the rescue of damsels and danes in distress? The list goes on like this. If you haven't answered yes to all of the above then you aren't a person that I would like to know.

Umm ok, yes, yes, no, maybe? These questions are all circumstantial and you know I really don't keep track of all my good deeds, cuz I'm not that obsessed with how wonderful I am. I have a conviction to do what is right, but you seemed to be obsessed with how perfect you are. You have turned this into a discussion on how righteous you are and how scummy everyone else is. Pride was the devil's flaw my friend.

Anyway what I would really like to hear from you is valid reasons why the US should leave Japan. So in order to do that you need to debunk possible reasons why the US is here. Only then do you have solid reason to demand that they leave. A few of them doing bad things doesn't seem to be turning the heads of people calling the shots, so if you were to bring this argument to them I don't really see it being effective.

Ok. Have you ever stood up to a bully? Have you ever quit because you didn't like what you were seeing? Have you ever been fired because you did the right thing? Have you ever come to the rescue of damsels and danes in distress? The list goes on like this. If you haven't answered yes to all of the above then you aren't a person that I would like to know.

What if those opportunities have never arisen? I'm sure most people have never come to the rescue of damsels and danes in distress because the opportunity does not usually exist in the everyday life of a person.

Have you ever stood up to a bully? Have you ever quit because you didn't like what you were seeing? Have you ever been fired because you did the right thing? Have you ever come to the rescue of damsels and danes in distress? The list goes on like this. If you haven't answered yes to all of the above then you aren't a person that I would like to know.
I've done all of the above. I feel I deserve straight answers to my very straight questions. Don't put up a smokescreen or diversion by saying other people should start threads in reply to statements you made. Answer those questions!

I didn't hide behind an avatar, a cute name and a catch phase. Full name, number and address.
What did you do?
I am not hiding behind anything. You are. You are hiding behind empty rhetoric and a refusal to answer very direct questions. That is considered trolling on the Internet and is punishable on many web sites.

You may have been brave. You seem very patriotic. You have very strong opinions but have a very tough time explaining them. Help us here by engaging in a conversation instead of a monologue.

My avatar is not that cute, anyway.

I'll leave this topic (looking forward to others--because this all really is fascinating) with just one more thought: The rapist was evil (and I do appreciate the humor of that wonderful line "alleged." That cracks me up every time--thank you), but if nothing else understand that there is an evil greater than that: Doing nothing.
Well, then, you are the evil, because you have done nothing to reply here. You are the bully, in other words. I'm standing up to you. There was no rape. It was admitted. It has not gone to court so it is only alleged. That is a pretty clear semantic point that any one, military or civilian, should be able to understand.

Because for all those times when I ever stood up to evil it was the people standing on the sidelines that disappointed more than anything.
Play with words all you like.
Look who's talking about playing with words! Look at all this mess you have typed yet not replied to anything I've written! Hypocrite.

the title of this thread is unfortunate

well, at least the ! marks are.

i guess, depending upon how p.o.'d a Japanese person you are.
i wish the person who started the thread were still around.

There's something we must understand about USA. U.S. forces but their nose everywhere even if it's not their business. They should get out of Japan and even get out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Same for the Canadian forces. I'm sick of army because they are everywhere. The U.S. has an army so they should keep it in their country instead of putting it everywhere in the world.

I'm not an expert about military but that's what I think...

There's something we must understand about USA. U.S. forces but their nose everywhere even if it's not their business. They should get out of Japan and even get out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Same for the Canadian forces. I'm sick of army because they are everywhere. The U.S. has an army so they should keep it in their country instead of putting it everywhere in the world.
I'm not an expert about military but that's what I think...

Thats fine, but when the terrorists cause unrest in the middle east and fighting breaks out.. With all the boarder disputes in the middle east and surrounding areas, you may find yourself defending your own country.

Namely.. India and Pakistan (both nuclear), China and India (both nuclear), China and Taiwan, Israel and the rest of the middle east, Iran and Iraq, North Korea and South Korea. The only reason alot of these countries behave is because we are close by keeping an eye on them. Several countries in that area of the world do not like their neighbors. One spark, and the possability for WWIII is prety good. Especially if the middle east decides to gang up on Israel.

Yes but the official reason of Iraq war is "terrorism" but what the U.S. gouvernment doesn't want to say is the true reason of this war: petrole. Bush attacks Iraq and Afghanistan because he's only thinking about himself.

Anyway, I don't want to live the Third World War in my life only because of U.S. Americans.

Let's please keep the discussion on topic folks, and anything other than that of American troops as it relates to being based in Japan, is going to be off-topic.

I'm sorry. I'm really angry about Iraq war so I forgot the subject of this thread and I posted a off-topic message.

Yes but the official reason of Iraq war is "terrorism" but what the U.S. gouvernment doesn't want to say is the true reason of this war: petrole. Bush attacks Iraq and Afghanistan because he's only thinking about himself.
Anyway, I don't want to live the Third World War in my life only because of U.S. Americans.
Your understand of terrorism is not very good. Why do you think terrorism exists? It is because you have several different factions living in the same country that have conflicting beliefs. It is a power struggle. This happens all over the world. We are not everywhere terror exists. We are in the middle east because terrorism in that part of the world can cause unstability that could spark much larger conflicts (Iran/Iraq war as an example). It is a matter of escalation. If you look at history, world wars did not break out overnight. There was an escalation of events that lead to countries picking sides. Many of these countries wanted to exploit the war because they saw opertunities to settle old unsolved issues with their neighbors. This is what we are trying to prevent right now. You have to look at the big picture.
I know the moderators above, said this was off topic. It is one of the reasons US forces are in japan. We are here to not only provide defense for japan, but also as a foreward operating location for issues that happen in Korea and the middle east. The deterent of US forces in Japan has been one of the factors that has kept China and North Korea at bay,

I belive Japan need US Forces for safe of east Asia.
Japan must form an alliance USA or Russia,communism Chaina.becouse Japan have not nuclear wepon.
I belive USA is best of 3 country.becouce USA have Democracy,liberalism and strongly forces.
EastAisia contories are playing an arms race now.
Japanese government and Forces must control risk of war in cooperation with US Forces Japan.

Let's please keep the discussion on topic folks, and anything other than that of American troops as it relates to being based in Japan, is going to be off-topic.

I would just like to say that sometimes things to go abound in discussions.
As long as they relate back to the main topic.

ex: US forces in Japan.
One might argue they are needed for x blanket or simple one sentence reason.
But there may be things that are connected to disprove x blanket reason.

I'm just saying a discussion may mention things more, but I believe as long as it relates back to the main topic, and the poster makes this clear, it should be allowed.

I think I like the general atmosphere of this place, in which people are talking senses.

Before I came to the States, there was a time when I believed that US is in the right course for freedom and equal opportunity. But now I have to say the nation has gone astray somewhat. Well, that being said, we still have to admit that US still remains to be the most appropriate candidate to wield the one of world's most powerful military forces, since we have all seen what happened to Japan and Germany 60 years ago. But I'm personally concerned about how things shake out through the coming economic recession that is to come.

US will not leave Asia or at least some Asian countries until it has to, and I believe it has to do with a rising and responsible China. Everything in is world is about balance, when one side is rising the other must learn to comprise whatsoever.

As a Chinese, I don't know how well foreigners learn about our people, but the culture is not in essence about conquer and warefare. We believe in 'mediocre' and I think will always do. I seriously doubt China will ever attempt to conquer Japan or other Asian countries by force. But indeed, China needs to learn to be a world power all over again just as a teenager learn to master his growing stength and control his anger. I'm no big fan of the CCP and I do think the whole system in China needs some serious change, but that takes time epsically since the country has never been a democratic one for thousands of years.

My families are Manchu and lived in 东窶徒 during WW2, my grandpa went to Osaka to study for several years and made some good Japanese friends. When he retired he worked as a Japanese translater in Peking. So, I personally do not have much hatred towards Japan, although as a Chinese I feel offended for what happened. Certainly I hope Japan is a different country now. As for China's military expansion, just put yourself in the shoes of the Chinese: the country has never had a real sense of security since the Qing Dynasty, and the Communist party knows that one of basic things that they could do to win the people's support is to bring that feeling back to them.

Back
Top Bottom