What's new

A+ Certification. A disaster waiting to happen. (Death/Safety)

GeorgeC

Registered
19 Mar 2017
Hello Everyone.

Part of the A+ training now involves troubleshooting, and trying to fix faulty power supplies. I don't mean just replacing a burn out fuse in a fuse holder, if it has one in that 25 dollar power supply. But actually taken it apart and trying to fix it, like some type of qualified service technician, for there brand, and model, of power supply.

Even not knowing how to properly (safely) change a fuse can kill or seriously injure a person. Simply turning on a worked on, power supply, and kill you, or harm you or another person. That operator.

It can contain lethal voltage and currents. Especially, if someone does not know what they are doing. You only need 1 bad day and that's it for that person, and there's no going back, for that person. Assuming they are still alive.

Here is a local story of a IT company getting 2 employees killed. Not one day in jail even. That's how business people want it. You know politicians, judges, prosecutors with business interests locally, and conflicts of interest.

SSI Micro pleads guilty in workers' electrocution deaths - North - CBC News

Not much said publicly. Why? Because it's so bad, what he was getting away with. They all get away with.

I believe safety needs to be taken more serious in the IT industry. In lots of companies the IT staff are the ones that spend most of the time near electricity. And dealing with electricity. At the very least we have a much higher probability of having a accident dealing with electricity.

We should have electrician grade screw drivers. Fluke ISO safety certified meters and other test gear. Our departments are important to. If you need a bigger safety budget or a actual safety budget, then that's what you need. The fluke meters need to get re-certified every once in a while. So you need at least 2.

One for usage and one to send out to get re-certified as needed. Then switch off. Ethernet cables are made of copper wire too and are sometimes right next to power cables in runs. I'm talking the real world here for lots of people. This is like insurance to protect peoples lives and it shows some due diligence in protecting peoples lives. Needs to be real and repeated safety training also.

If the slash accounting/HR/safety committee decides substandard gear is good enough for you. You best make sure that you disagree with that, and in writing if possible. If they give you 3 or 4 choices and they are all substandard, say so. You do not have to agree.

2 thousand dollar ergonomically correct chairs, are needed by them, but broken dangerous stools are ok, for you and such. Guess whose fault it will be, as far as a defense lawyer is concerned, if you agree to what they say. They asked you and you agreed. Or the prosecutor with a hidden (silent) contract with that business person maybe.

Once someone does a background check on you for a good job, and you are involved or blamed in a case involving someones death. They will not even bother to interview you. Would you take the chance? Would you hire that person?

There needs to be some type of safety certification, and accountability, for safety committee personal, and they are considered ultimately responsible. (Hire experts and they are accountable).

What happens if you kill someone else. You actually do, because of what you were forced to do, like rush, or just not know. You touched it, you open it, you serviced it. That family wants justice. They deserve justice.

The owner of SSI Micro. A story on 2011 about him.

Jeff Philipp, SSI Micro |

George Collins
A Human Rights Activist/Former It
IT again to get a apartment hopefully

I guess he's trying to get inbound links to an article he wants to publicize. The way Google works, the more links coming into an article (theoretically) the higher Google will rank that article in search results. I say theoretically because it really only works right if the inbound links are from websites in a field related to the article. I'm guessing he has a grudge against a person or company mentioned in the article.

OP what does this have to do with Japan?

If anything they're likely to have less of a problem with this stuff, given their attention to detail.

Back
Top Bottom