What's new

The American death penalty sucks

mrmodifier

先輩
10 Oct 2003
My girlfriend's brother is on death row and he is being executed Feb 5th 2004 you can read all his stuff on my site:

BodyArtDaredevils.net

Send letters or sign our cyber thought petition by registering on the daredevils site thanx for your time Jason price

I imagine the death penalty.....

sucks no matter what country applies it !!!

Frank

P.S. Let's hear the details told as though you are a member of the family of the victim(s).The site didn't seem to have any details of the crime???

Hmph. Sorry to be so cold, but, he most likely deserved it. Death Penalty is only utilized for MURDERERS. Did you see that word? Hm??? Listen, why are you having more pity for the criminal than the victims!!! People like that make me sick!!! (Oh, wow, I lost it, sorry.) But, seriously, the Death Penalty is a deterrent to crime. *shrug* You know what they say, neccesary evils and all that.

Also, listen, We make our own future by our own choices. Do not feel pity for the ones who have to now pay for the bad decisions they made. Even if it seems they had no choice, there is always a second option. For most, though, it is a matter of what is easiest.

And, he commited this crime, which means he chose that over his work. So, obviously, he doesn't care about that site. Only what he did matters most, since, after all, that is what is taking his life.

Trouble is, some group of pensioners sitting round a table decide what justifies the death penalty and what doesn't. It's impossible to get everyone to agree on anything, let alone something like this.

I live in UK, and there are one or two things that the death penalty still apply to. Do I think just action would apply? I think I would only make such a decision if I had to, the infomation would never be enough from the public vantage point.

How can we support him if we don't kno the history here?

Did a Google search...

Seems the nice man we should save only killed 2 poor ol Hispanics.To think they want to kill a white Texan for that, amazing!!!
Seems his wife took their daughter to her parents to escape his abuse. He decides no wife is gonna walk out on him; loads his trusty 30-06 hunting rifle and heads to the in-laws. Mom and dad try to protect their daughter and grand-daughter from the 6 ft something youngman.
Guess he showed them who's boss, and blows them into hamburger with his elephant gun in front of the poor wife and child. Then he kidnaps them and holds them hostage; imagine the fear and terror they felt!!
When the cops show up(with their own guns) he decides to give up and ask for mercy.
Think about what that mother and child will have to live with for the rest of their lives!!
Where's that petition, I'm out of toilet paper !!

Frank

Originally posted by Kuro_Tsubasa69
Hmph. Sorry to be so cold, but, he most likely deserved it. Death Penalty is only utilized for MURDERERS. Did you see that word? Hm???

I second that...

Originally posted by Frank D. White
Seems the nice man we should save only killed 2 poor ol Hispanics.
Seems his wife took their daughter to her parents to escape his abuse. He decides no wife is gonna walk out on him; loads his trusty 30-06 hunting rifle and heads to the in-laws. Mom and dad try to protect their daughter and grand-daughter from the 6 ft something youngman.
Guess he showed them who's boss, and blows them into hamburger with his elephant gun in front of the poor wife and child. Then he kidnaps them and holds them hostage; imagine the fear and terror they felt!!
When the cops show up(with their own guns) he decides to give up and ask for mercy.
Frank

Thanks for digging up the history Frank. (Link) Althought this guy had a history of mental illness but I'm sorry; nobody would want a raging cowboy with an elephant gun roaming around the neighbourhood.

Last edited:
If you want to dance to the tune, you better be ready to pay the piper.

In others words; he did the crime and now he has to pay for it. He will get no pity from me.

*nods* I agree, Timsan. I am not sorry for being cold anymore; Now that I have the hard facts, I am appaled and throughly glad this creep is on deathrow.

Hmm... I think statements like "sounds like this guy on death row is a scumbag and disserves to be put to death." are a slipery slope. One must always be careful to examine BOTH sides of every issue. He was guilty, he was tried, and he was sentenced to death. He's also a victim of mental illness and because he chose to defend himself in trial, probably didn't receive the proper legal counsel a capital murder case deserves.

According to his sister "Currently, Scott Panetti has developed into an exceptional man of honor. He has become devoted to helping fellow inmates find much needed peace and acceptance of their fate through the word of God. We implore you to help allow Scott Panetti to continue his dedication to making atonement for his crime by commuting his Death Sentence to Life Imprisonment."

I don't think the rest of us should be too judgmental in this case, using terms like "scumbag" and "creep" when all his family is trying to do is stay the execution and commute his sentence. Besides, life without parole is far more demeaning than an order of execution... and if somewhere along the way he helps himself and others to become a better person, then so be it. Just my two cents anyways.

Well said, Iron Chef! I completely agree. Besides, it has already been proven that the death penalty is NOT a deterrant, which is why it does not exist in so many other countries.

Tzed ???? i think they is only treason that is worthy of the death penalty ! but still then, the death penalty is not around ! so basically britian does not have the death penalty

I DO NOT approve death penalty in any situations, for many reasons.

If the accused has really committed a murder and is quilty, dont you think he is getting away too easily? Just one moment and hes gone, he doesnt have to suffer anymore. If he would stay alive and be locked away for life, he would have to think about his crime for the rest of his life. At the same time he could maybe help the society someway(doing some kind of work) and sort of pay back of his crime.

Then again, if there is a possibility the accused is really innocent, its too terrible to take a life away from someone. And actually, I think NO MAN has a right to take anyones life. (this doesnt mean that death penalty would be okay, to revenge this, taking life away is just wrong).

...and then again, murderers get the death penalty in some states, right? What about rapists? Rapists ruin your life for ever. These should be at the same line..imho..

Then again, if there is a possibility the accused is really innocent,

Good point, Chipi. And we're finding more and more cases of death row inmates who are found innocent due to DNA testing which is now available.

Well, Capital punishment is always a huge debate. Yes; no man has right to take anyones' life, but what about the murderers? Do they have the right to do what they please? Should they be locked up for "life" and actually be released on bail after 40 years?

What about obvious murderers like John Lee Malvo, or John Allen Muhammad. I know I wouldn't want people like that shooting at me when I'm at the gas station or when I'm leaving the supermarket.

"the american death penalty sucks"

I agree only because it takes so damn long to execute the murderers.

If a guy walks into a kindergarten with an automatic weapon and starts shooting kids (it happened in LA), he deserves to get executed, swiftly. That's the only way death penalty can be a deterrent.

Societies (such as those in Western Europe) that do not have many violent crimes can perhaps do without the death penalty, but not in a country llike the U.S. Besides, death penalty in the U.S. wasn't put inplace by some evil dictator--citizens voted it in . . . democratically.

Japan has a death penalty. However, there is very little controversy over it. They all know it's there, and they all agree that if you don't want to receive that sentence ya betta not _uck up!

death penalty is wrong

just want to let everyone know first off that i do not sympathize with any sort of person that commits a crime. however, i do not believe that the execution of criminals is the right decision. It is proven it is not a deterrant and throught court appeals and the fees from them and other such things, it costs more to execute the prisoner than to imprison them for life!!! Anyways, i believe that killing is wrong for any reason. A murderer, rapist, or any sort of criminal deserves a punishment but to take someone's life is wrong. i forget who said this but the death penalty was not voted on by the citizens democratically, just like every other law ever put into place in u.s. history, there is no direct democracy (even in presidential elections) at all in the united states. Killing is wrong, no matter what way you look at it.

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind." - Gandhi

Re: death penalty is wrong

Originally posted by shiningblue
it costs more to execute the prisoner than to imprison them for life!!!

I've heard of this from my professors too, but never really truly understood why executing a prisoner costs more than life imprisonment. I know that prisoners help clean up the environment or make license plates... and no; I'm not talking about the "philosophical" stuff like the prisoner making atonement by being a better person, etc.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

I would normally agree with the death penalty advocates except for the fact that we have very serious problems in America. We don't have adequate safeguards and it gets applied inequitably. Even worse a significant number of innocent people have been convicted and put to death. It doesn't make much sense to have it, if it can't be done "right." I think it should only be applied when there is not only not a reasonable doubt but a near-certainty that the charged person actually perpetrated the crime.

"a near-certainty that the charged person actually perpetrated the crime."

Near-certainty is not enough, even when somebody admits guilt you can't be absolutely sure. Death-penalty sucks, it's no use as a deterrent & if only one innocent is put to death it is too much.

And I've never really understand either how singling out particularly horrific or sensational cases as capital prosecutions could logically be much of a deterrent to begin with. Most criminals I'm sure are aware as long as there are no aggravating circumstances such as kidnapping, torture, robbery, multiple victims, etc there aren't many juries that are going to apply the death penalty. I'm not even sure there is the possiblity for it without these other factors. Not that I would care if I lost a loved one exactly how they were murdered or for anyone else to have to die as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom