What's new

90% in Japan poll want to take restaurant food home but only 20% do

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
What's the Japanese word for "doggie bag"?

The questions were among the prices of a monthly good monitor organized by the agency, which was carried out from Jan. 9 to 13 and responded to by 1,316 people. Its results showed that a total of 89.8% of those surveyed selected one of two options: either "support" or "somewhat support" taking leftovers home when they eat out. However, only 18.7% replied that they have actually taken leftovers in the last year. In response to a question asking in what situations people do decide to take food home, many selected: "There is a sign in the restaurant saying 'You can take leftovers home,'" and, "If the business has containers prepared for taking away food." On the other hand, of those who answered "I have never taken away food, but wanted to," or, "I didn't want to take food back home," 31.3% said they hadn't done it because "I wasn't sure whether the restaurant allowed it" and 29.9% opted for "I didn't think it was a commonly done thing to take food home."

"31.3% said they hadn't done it because "I wasn't sure whether the restaurant allowed it" and 29.9% opted for "I didn't think it was a commonly done thing to take food home."

Jeez! It's your food that you've paid for! I wish Japanese people would be a bit more assertive!

Back
Top Bottom