What's new

10 Reasons Alcohol May Be The Deadliest Drug Of All

Mansoor

Sempai
4 Mar 2016
May you drink wine and beer and enjoy drinking them. It is not important where you are from, whether French, Norwegian, Australia, America, Japan, Argentina, China, or other. But the important thing is that you drink Alcohol (or maybe not). In the source that I found this topic, there were 10 articles (reasons) about harms of liqueurs.
Since posting all those articles in JF was not possible I chose just the one that was more important and notifier. So I hope, if you are a drinker, you confess to your mistake just now and leave it forever. If you think, giving up alcohol is hard, you will have to note that losing you health is harder. But the article is here:

It's One Of Our Biggest Killers
Between 2006 and 2010, 88,000 Americans died annually from alcohol abuse. That's not a typo. Every year, the nation's favorite drug killed more people than Mexico's brutal drug war. According to the CDC, that makes alcohol the third leading lifestyle-related cause of death for people living in the USA. In Britain, the figures may be even worse. According to respected scientist David Nutt, alcohol is the leading cause of death for Brits aged 16–60.

The reasons for this make for some grim reading. Although by far the highest number of alcohol-related deaths come from liver disease and addiction, accidental poisoning and behavioral disorders caused by drinking ranked highly, too. Drunk driving also played a huge factor. According to the CDC, nearly one-third of all fatal road accidents in the US were caused by alcohol. On average, this means drunk driving killed one American every 51 minutes. The total cost of all this carnage is estimated at over $59 billion annually—roughly equivalent to the entire GDP of Croatia.

Morris M. October 14, 2015

And the other articles :

It's The Single Most Important Factor In Ruining Life Happiness

It Increases Sexual Assault Rates

No Other Drug Is As Bad For Public Safety

It Kills More Teenagers Than Any Other Drug

Media Bias Against Other Drugs Is Unbelievable

Alcohol And Child Abuse

It's Basically Our Culture's Fault

Hi Japanese! I Also advise you give up your traditional liqueur, Saki. There is not any different between Saki, Whiskey, Champagne, Vodka, wine and beer; all are harmful and evil.

Of course the writer of the articles tried to say; in compare with alcohol, other drugs are almost better, and this opinion is wrong dreadfully. Every drug has its own harms and consequence and the best alternative is avoiding alcohol and drugs.

Don't forget to research the health benefits of alcohol. Many studies have shown moderate drinkers live longer than teetotalers.

Don't forget to research the health benefits of alcohol. Many studies have shown moderate drinkers live longer than teetotalers.

The obvious response to this is that in western countries a large number of teetotalers do not drink alcohol due to medical problems that existed before they gave it up.

I don't have strong views about alcohol either way, I just don't like bad arguments and this has always struck me as a blatantly obvious confounding factor.

EDIT: I should say, there is some evidence that very small amounts of certain alcoholic drinks (not beer or anything with high refined carbs) do have health benefits, however I have really not seen enough studies to believe this claim is yet substantiated as health advice.

Body itself makes a little alcohol for biological activities of body and if I remember good, it is made by liver. Drinking liqueur not only stop liver to make that amount of natural alcohol, but the higher amount of alcohol causes a disorder in the liver and the other vital organs, among stomach, intestines and brain.

Of course what I say is a small cause of drinking and I think those ten articles are the best and complete reasons of alcohol harms that I have studied up to now.
Fortunately its author himself is a western researcher and this ensure you that they have not written by a teetotaler or religious person. Besides, the articles lean on statistical and scientific reports and researches.
God says in Koran that there is some small benefit ( I think mostly in trade) in wine for people but he emphasizes that its harms is very higher than its benefits. God says in this verse:

"they ask you about intoxicating drink and gambling. say: 'there is great sin in both, although they have some benefit for people; but their sin is far greater than their benefit. ' they ask you what they should spend. say: 'that which remains. ' so, God makes plain to you his verses, in order that you will reflect (219)"

Chapter 2

Last edited:
A few points:
  1. If you're going to quote an article, please provide a link to your source.
  2. Being a western researcher doesn't mean someone isn't a teetotaler OR religious. In fact, calling someone a "western researcher" tells us VERY LITTLE about them. It certainly doesn't make them any more credible.
  3. You're welcome to your own religious beliefs, but you aren't going to convince anyone by citing your god (or any god) as a source.
  4. The temperance movement in the early 20th century that led to prohibition had the noble intention of imposing their religious beliefs and restrictions on the entire country. It failed miserably when its "victory" over alcohol helped establish organized crime in the United States.
  5. Alcohol is readily available and not just because it's legal; it's relatively easy to produce, a massive established industry, and deeply ingrained in practically every culture on the planet. In other words, vested interests will never allow the kind of wholesale prohibition we saw in the US.
A vast majority of the population in the US, for example, has drunk or regularly drinks alcohol. Alcohol Facts and Statistics | National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)

When a majority of the population drinks with some regularity, any attempt to limit EVERYONE'S access to alcohol is going to be met with huge opposition. People hate to be controlled, especially by some nanny state that claims to have their best interests in mind.

Just like the discussion earlier about drugs, alcohol isn't going to suddenly disappear because you don't like it. The best approach is to find ways to mitigate the damage these substances do, and educate people on the dangers of abuse.

Apparently the idea of teetotalers is closer to the health ideas than idea of alcohol drinkers. The substance that can be used instead of fuel in the cars!

However, I believe sometimes the majority of people go wrong and they are needful to be guided toward a correct route (opinion). Prophets came to do this. They were obligated to save people from incorrect opinions and doings. Sadly, their effort was unsuccessful often, and people refused to accept their warnings and follow them to reach a safe place.
Basically, changing the believes of people is not simple and they resist against every change, though those opinions are wrong! This is why prophets were unsuccessful in some situations, while they had a great knowledge and insight.
But I am not agree that people believe liqueur is good. A group of people drink alcohol because of the unconsciousness (drunkenness) that alcohol offer them. They suppose it is like a medicine that reduce their sadness, anxiety and helps them to create a more friendly meeting. What this group of people imagine about liqueurs is opposite to the reality. This harmful substance increase a problem on their problems and not only alcohol doesn't cure them but engage them with another trouble that is alcohol itself.

However, I recommend you to be away from Alcoholic liquids and don't drink them.

It's proved:
For men, 2 pints of beer max
For women, 1 pint of beer max

Anything over that will slowly damage, in order of importance:
1-your liver,
2- your prostate (only for men, obviously),
3- your heart: LDL cholesterol will increase to the point, that you'll suffer a stroke. (However after 2-3 decades of overdrinking.)

source: my mother (doctor with Ph.D specialized in poisoning).

Medicines are respectable and they sometimes save the life of patients or cure their sickness and pains. The knowledge and service of them is undeniable. But the issue is that, medicines does mistake in some situations occasionally. They opine about a subject or offer a theory that is not according to the realities that have not been discovered up to day, as the astronomers confess that they don't know many things about the world that is over their head!

Body itself is a great world with many uncovered issues and medicines themselves are agree that they don't know some biological matter and mysteries in the body, nonetheless they have had a notable advance in this science and have resolved many problems that man is faced with them in his body.

So based on this explanation and also with an excuse, I am not agree that drinking one or two pint of alcoholic liquids is safe! Beer is not different with wine or other liqueurs, although the amount of its alcohol is less.

The other important issue is that, physical harm is not the only problem of liqueurs. The spiritual harms is greater than it. The drinker that use alcohol engages with some spiritual problem that sadly is not sensible in the non-Islamic societies. Of course some of them have been revealed and some not.

Drinking alcohol impose the user a type of spiritual and mental disorder that lead him toward a bad feeling of anxiety, feel guilty, mistake, fear and worrying about the future. Of course these are the states of a drinker after his drunkenness and during intoxication, he doesn't remember where he has been and what he has done (if he remain alive)

I saw in a video, a drunken man fell down on the rail of a train station at night, while a train was approaching the place speedy. A watcher of the station that was a black man, saw him accidentally. He ran toward the drunken man, picked him up and carried him out of the train route, rapidly. the distance of the drunk man to death was just a few second, and if the black watcher didn't move him back on time, the drunk man changed into some sausages!

However God never bans anything unless it damages man society. So the best determination is that you don't drink liqueur, neither one pint nor one spoon.

Last edited:
<Total Random Nonsense>
7a6909c248551140e1d454d1fab8e7b65eedb0f6_hq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom