What's new

Our reasons for naming our screen names

Don't think there is much to explain about my name, just look at my posts and you will understand :D

But to start from the beginning; back in Australia I have met a lot of Japanese people, and for some reason they always said baka to me. Even my wife still calls me baka sometimes. So I thought, why not use the name as a nick name, including the fact that I am Dutch *proud* so yeah Dutch Baka.

My real name Davey comes from David, the beloved one/ the friend

Tanoshii!

just look at my posts and you will understand
But to start from the beginning; back in Australia I have met a lot of Japanese people, and for some reason they always said baka to me. Even my wife still calls me baka sometimes. So I thought, why not use the name as a nick name, including the fact that I am Dutch *proud* so yeah Dutch Baka.
Then you could be also called "Dutch tanoshii" cus most of the time your posts are tanoshii~~~~.:)

By the way, my username is taken from my real name... yeah so boring.:p

Ma Cherie said:
And my high school French teacher used to say it to me.

...and now he's in jail. :p:D

Kyoko_desu said:
By the way, my username is taken from my real name... yeah so boring. :p

Haha, you made a sentence out of yours, though. Mine is just my first name. :p

Mikawa is the old "kuni" name of where I live. It's the kuni that Tokugawa Ieyasu came from! (Incidentally, Kyoko_desu lives in a different kuni, even though it's the same Aichi Prefecture!)

Ossan is what I've called myself as a joke since I hit 30. I don't say it as much as I used to, for some reason. (Ossan is a rude way to say Ojisan--NOT Ojiisan!!!!!!!)

So put it together, and I'm the ossan from Mikawa!

Nana007

The NaNa part actually comes from my childhood nickname. My real name is Nydia and my younger cousin when he was a child could never pronounce my name so he used to say NaNa. Eventually it caught on amongst my family and that is my nickname, along with my middle name which is Monchel.

The 007 part came when I realized that Nana was 7 in Japanese.

Well, as for me, I used to run track when I was in high school and a buddy nicknamed me "Flash" (after the DC Comics superhero) and my real name is Jeff. Pretty simple....just like me!

:D

I'm posting here because I've been asked about my username twice already.

"Epigene" has nothing to do with me or my background. I was reading a Web article (in English) around the time I signed up with JREF and found this word in it. (I understood the meaning from context but checked the dictionary anyway. 😌 )

I chose it just because it sounded nice (epi-gene).
My apologies if it sounded mysterious for some of the forum members! 🙇‍♂️

leonmarino said:
Tsuyoiko,
Interesting to be named after Lord Byron's lover!.. I had never heard of him so I googled around a bit. He had an interesting life to say the least. Interesting poems too! (I read "Epitaph to a dog" and "And Thou Art Dead, as Young and Fair") What are your favorites?
My favourites are Darkness and She Walks In Beauty. I like to imagine he wrote the second poem for me 😊

Well my profile name is quite simple my second name is Jordanna so its just the way it would sound in japanese (I love that language) but I was called Jordanna by my father after watching this movie that took place somewhere in Arabia and the main characters name was Jordanna, so well my father liked the actress and named me after that character (good my mom isnt a jealous person) besides my grandfather was from Lebanon so I have some arabian blood in me 😊

This is a very interesting thread - it is nice to find out how some of the more obscure sounding names came into being.

I always wondered what Tsuyoiko meant.
When I first joined I thought Dutch Baka refered to his intake of er...'Dutch Tobacco', but now I know what 'Baka' means (I think I am one!) it all makes sense.

Anyway, as I have said before my username is simply my name (Richard) and the name of a Roland synthesizer (TB-303) that helped kick start the electronic dance music scene (mainly Acid House) in the mid to late 1980s

epigene said:
"Epigene" has nothing to do with me or my background. I was reading a Web article (in English) around the time I signed up with JREF and found this word in it. (I understood the meaning from context but checked the dictionary anyway. 😌 )
I chose it just because it sounded nice (epi-gene).
My apologies if it sounded mysterious for some of the forum members! 🙇‍♂️
☝ I looked up Epigene in my E-dictionary but I couldn't find the meaning..

Lord Byron has some kick-*** poems! I feel like I have learned something today!!

Rich303, do you still listen to dance? Ever heard of Denki Groove? And if so what do you think of them? Personally I love 'em! Especially their older stuff.

I'm sure I've said this before, but I'm a rampant egotist and love talking about myself so here goes:

Reiku Hiteruo

Actually my name. "Reiku" is my gempuku name, and "Hiteruo" if my family name--boring huh? :D

Well, to make a long story short.......

like many new members, when I joined, I thought everyone on JREF was in Japan with thousands of Japanese members. I used my real name because I hoped old friends from Fukuoka, Japan would see my name and contact me. After 3 years, no luck yet, still waiting?

Frank D. White

😊

epigene said:

Heh, sorry. 😊

By they way, did anyone else not know that that was actually an English word? I thought it was just something made up until I found it in the dictionary. Just wondering how stupid I am...

I love words but I had no idea that 'epigene' is an English word! 😊 It makes a nice username though. :)

People have some cool and interesting names. :)

Clawn.

Ah yes, the word so many have mistaken as Clown(which it is most certainly not). It is actually a character name from my very first fanfic. It was a terrible yet memorable .hack//SIGN fanfic. Clawn was the main character, the other two main characters were Locklear and Masa(whose names and characters were designed by two close friends of mine). I came up with Clawn's name by making sounds all night until one sounded right. ^_^

I'm named after the Sukhoi SU-27 Flanker. It is one of the most deadly aircraft known to man. It has many derivatives, including the Su-33 Naval Version, The Su-34 "Fullback" Light Bomber, and it's the latest incarnation, The Su-37 "Terminator". In short, I think The Su-27 is a very cool aeroplane, and that's why I chose the name.

Link"
Sukhoi Su-27 - Wikipedia

People used to call me Anch all the time. I just added 'yyy' at the end, which represent my real name 'Ana' 😌 :D

Well, to explain my username, I used to run track when I was in high school and a buddy nicknamed me "Flash" after the DC Comics character, and my real name is "Jeff". So I combined the two. Quite clever, eh?

:D

A friend of mine gave me the name when I first came to Japan, he told me that if I was going to live in Japan I should have a Japanese name.

Because where I come from we don't count "cho-nan, ji-nan" or "cho-jo", "ji-jo" (1st son, 2nd son, 1st daughter, 2nd daughter) he came up with Hachiro, as I am the 8th child in my family.

Back
Top Bottom