What's new

10,000 posts!

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
Dear valued Members,

today marks a historic day in the annals of Japan Reference (JREF): our first member to pass the threshold of 10,000 posts! And you will have guessed who that prolific members is. Of course, our one and only @Mike Cash.

Mike was one of the very few who in 2001 joined JREF's first (and quite rudimentary) forum running on a software that doesn't even exist anymore. His member ID of 36 attests to that fact. Over the years, Mike has extensively contributed to the growth of the website; he was part of our golden (and at times not so golden) days and helped countless members in their quest to master the Japanese language or to get their sometimes unconventional tattoo requests right.

We have had our ups and downs, but Mike is without doubt one of our community's pillars, and I believe it was just a few days ago when someone referred to him as 'a godfather of the forum'. Pillar or godfather, I would like to thank you, Mike, on behalf of the JREF team for your contributions and your dedication, and I am very glad that we have also met in person.

Congratulations on the 10,000 posts! Oh, and in the light of your aversion to smilies and emoji you will have noticed their complete absence in this post.

On a more technical note: I am still working on implementing a trophy system based on user contribution. Until then, a small (digital) token of appreciation:
ten-thousand-posts.png
Our most notable members can be seen here.

Thanks again.

Thank you very much, Thomas! For many years JREF has been like a home away from home for me online and I enjoy interacting with my virtual family here and trying to be at least helpful enough to dodge getting banned!

これからもよろしくお願いいたします。

Last edited:
Thanks Mike! No bans inside the family. [insert smilie]

Looking good:

mike-ten-thousand.png

Back
Top Bottom