What's new

適当にやって / だけ / なくって / やんなっちゃいます / ようで

eeky

先輩
8 Jun 2010
Hi

左藤: え~、そんなことないですよ。長谷川さんの仕 事すごいから。
長谷川: ううん、本当に適当にやってるの。

What does 本当に適当にやってるの mean? Previously 長谷川 has been talking about managing to combine work life and home life; could it be another reference to that?

2. The speaker is talking about meeting a prospective marriage partner that her mother has arranged.

じゃ、一度、会うだけ会ってみようかな。

I understand this basically means "I wonder if I should try meeting him", but I am not sure about 会うだけ. Does it mean "since / as long as it's just a meeting", i.e. if she doesn't like him then she's not committed to anything further?

3. 勉強はしているんですが、やっぱり分からなくって。

Is なくって an emphatic form of なくて?

足立: ブラウンさんも、今帰りですか。
ブラウン: ええ、毎日忙しいですね。
足立: そうですね・・・やんなっちゃいますね・・・ 。

What is やんなっちゃいます? I guess ~ってしまいます, but I can't figure out the first part. Could やん be やる perhaps?

5. やっぱり、私はわかってるようで、分かってなかったの かな・・・っていう気がするんですよ。

I'm guessing this roughly means "Sometimes I wonder whether I really understand (what she is saying)."

However, I do not understand the purpose of ようで, or how it links the parts of the sentence.

1)
I just do it unseriously/irresponsibly.(a humble expression)

2)
~するだけ~する means "just to do", but your interpritation "if she doesn't like him then she's not committed to anything further" is correct. 会うだけ会う is used in that meaning here.

3)
Yes.

4)
いやになっていまいますね

5)
よう means "to seem".

わかってるようで、分かってなかった
I seem to understand but actually not.

Thanks Toritoribe.

4. Did you mean いやになってしまいますね? If not, how is いやになっていまいますね to be parsed and understood?

5. So in this case ようで is just the て form of ようだ, right?

Back
Top Bottom