真正面から / すんなって / いんのさ / 私がいたって...

eeky

先輩
8 Jun 2010
Hi,

1. 「未成年魔法使いの制限事項令」をこれだけ真正面 から破れば、・・・

What does 真正面から mean?

2. 気にすんなって。

Is すんなって = する + な (neg. command) + って (emphasis)?

3. 「ところでよ、そのおめーのおとうさんはどこにいんのさ?」「横転したトラックの下な んよ。」

Is いんのさ = いる・の・さ?

4. 私がいたって彼がいうこと聞く訳ないじゃない。

Somehow I seem unable to figure out the meaning of this. What does it mean?

Thanks,

1) It's not obvious to me why 真正面から should mean that. から especially. Does 真正面 refer to the speaker's (figurative) position when he broke the rule?

4) Sorry, I still don't understand it at all. Can you explain it bit by bit?

1)
The subject broke the rule from right in front of it (= not sneakily/surreptitiously).

4)
Even if I warn/advise the person, they can't listen to me.

私がいたって can be correct if the context is "even if I were there".

About 4) 私がいたって彼がいうこと聞く訳ないじゃない。

If it is to mean, "Even if I warn/advise the person, they can't listen to me." what is "じゃない " doing in this case, reinforcing the idea, with a somewhat rethorical tune?

Also, why is it that everything seems unnatural? is this book poorly translated or am I just imagining things(due to my inexperience I guess)

4)
Even if I warn/advise the person, they can't listen to me.
I just can't see it. Where does 彼がいうこと fit into your translation? Isn't this talking about what he says??

私がいたって彼がいうこと聞く訳ないじゃない

Also, why is it that everything seems unnatural? is this book poorly translated or am I just imagining things(due to my inexperience I guess)
Sentences 2, 3 and 4 are not from a book but are from the "tatoeba" website.

Sorry, it's 彼, so I should have translated it as "Even if I warn/advise him, he can't listen to me."

彼 is the subject of 聞く, not 言う.

彼が私のいうこと聞く訳ないじゃない

About 4) 私がいたって彼がいうこと聞く訳ないじゃない。

If it is to mean, "Even if I warn/advise the person, they can't listen to me." what is "じゃない " doing in this case, reinforcing the idea, with a somewhat rethorical tune?
じゃない performs as a kind of sentence final particle, not negative, here. It's close to よ/わよ.

Back
Top Bottom