What's new

わたしたちの話...

eeky

先輩
8 Jun 2010
Hi again.

This time:

わたしたちの話を、だれかに、聞かれたみたいです。

Although I can understand all the words individually, I cannot combine them into a coherent sentence and I can't get the overall sense. Can anyone help?

Another interpretation: 聞かれた as honorific

S/He seems to ask about us to someone.

I, too, bet Glenn-san's is right, though.

You seem to have a lot of small questions, maybe you can create a new thread like "eeky's questions", and post all your questions there than making threads every time you come up with questions? :)

It seems so very obvious now you've explained it!
Yeah, probably in the sense of "our conversation," was heard like someone trying to listen in where they shouldn't. Or could be our story/problem/issue/what we were saying... seems to have been communicated etc.

Like undrentide-san pointed out, it's not easy dealing with fragments in Japanese ! ;-)

You seem to have a lot of small questions, maybe you can create a new thread like "eeky's questions", and post all your questions there than making threads every time you come up with questions? :)
I thought it would be more convenient and less daunting to have one question per thread, but I can certainly stuff in several per thread if you guys would prefer that format.

The counterpoint to this is that by making a new thread for each question and labeling it appropriately it becomes much easier to search for it later, unlike, say, Need a word or phrase translated?, where if you do a search it will say that what you're looking for is in that thread, but not where, and it will take you to the first page and leave you to find the location within the thread, both in terms of the page number and where on the page it is. That's a bit cumbersome after 150 or so pages (or even 10). That thread currently has 351 pages, and there's no "jump to page" feature on this forum that I'm aware of either.

The counterpoint to this is that by making a new thread for each question and labeling it appropriately it becomes much easier to search for it later, unlike, say, Need a word or phrase translated?, where if you do a search it will say that what you're looking for is in that thread, but not where, and it will take you to the first page and leave you to find the location within the thread, both in terms of the page number and where on the page it is. That's a bit cumbersome after 150 or so pages (or even 10). That thread currently has 351 pages, and there's no "jump to page" feature on this forum that I'm aware of either.

I see.
Indeed individual threads can be better on condition you've mentioned; labeling it appropriately.
👍

Oh, that's funny. It You get to the first page ? It is incredibly frustrating, but whenever I get a result on that thread through an external search the hit is highlighted and I'm transported to some random spot in the middle of it. :(

Back
Top Bottom