となります

Andromedashun

先輩
3 Jan 2012
I quoted the whole paragraph from a blog here:

さて、昨年末の発表会にて、PS Vita版「第3次Z 時獄篇」は、
ダウンロード版のみの発売と告知致しましたが、この度、
パッケージ版も4月10日に同時発売することとなりました。

Yeah it began with ''By the way, blah blah blah...'' and ended in ''となりました''. So what is this となりました anyway and how is it used? Seen this a lot in many texts that I read.

EDIT: just found the grammar from the dictionary, but just one question: is it only attached to ''suru'' verbs?
Also, is にて a short form of にいて?

No and no. 同時に売ることと / になりました also can be used, and にて is a classical vesion of で. (Actually, にて is the etymology of で.)

You saw ~することとなった or something in your dictionary, maybe? If so, this ~する doesn't mean -suru verbs. ~する is often used to refer to "the present form of a verb", similar to ~た refers to the past form of a verb (e.g. ~たほうがいい).

Oh no I meant ''noun-like'' verb like if you omit ''する'' they turn into a noun isn't it? That's why it has こと there. I see a lot in my text book it ends before ''となります'' with ''noun''

What is the explanation you found in your dictionary? "Verb + こととなる" and "noun + となる" are not the same.

What is the explanation you found in your dictionary? "Verb + こととなる" and "noun + となる" are not the same.

There aren't much explanation really.

Formation N となる
必修科目となる (become a compulsory object )

To naru is similar meaning to ni naru. To naru, however, is more formal and is used exclusively in written language.
Na adjective cannot precede to naru

Back
Top Bottom