What's new

Question そこが+ a person + らしくはあるか meaning in this context

zeroh4nter

後輩
17 Aug 2021
When reading ,I met with this strange expression (at my level at least). Much thanks if anyone can explain to me it's correct meaning.

Context: MC is talking with a general (A-san) ,about the plan of her Master to fight against the bandit in order to protect the town with minimum damage for both the people and her troops. The general said it's impossible given the current situation (the citizens wanted to fight but they don't have experience in battle ,and they don't have much troops left)

A「……この状況でそれは無茶だろう。 私とBだけで連中の砦に奇襲を掛ける方が、確実ではないか?」 "That plan is too far fetched given our situation now don't you think? Wouldn't it be more safe for just me and B (another general) to launch a surprise attack on their fortress?"

MC: 「賊を倒すだけならそれでもいいんだけどさ。 この町に手を出したらまずいって思わせないと、意味がないって」 "She said (T-sama) if all we wanted to do was defeat the bandits,that would be fine.But if we don't make them think it's a bad idea to mess with this town, there's no point in doing that." (he meant that the bandit will come back to attack again)

MC:「それに町の人達もみんな戦いたいって言ってるから…… 何かしらの落とし所がないと、納得してくれないだろうし」 "Also the town's people says that they're all wanted to fight so... If we don't have some kind of a compromise, I'm sure those people will not agree to stay" (Both MC and T-sama don't want the town's people to join with them and go attack the bandits,because worry that these citizen will die due to no combat experience ,but they're still wanted to fight)

A-san「それはそうかもしれんが……その全てを満たす策など、 そうそう思い付くものでもないだろうに」 "Maybe you're right,that could be the case but....Anyone can see it's not likely to quickly come up with such a plan, which could satisfies all of those conditions."

MC 「ですよねー」"Yeah,right~"

A-san「……とはいえ、そこがT-samaらしくはある……か」 "...That said,????" (I guess that A-san commenting about her Master kindness that trying to come up with a plan to save both the town's people and her soldier? But that just my guess based on context I'm not sure)

Your understanding is correct. The plan is more likely "a plan which could satisfies all of those conditions", not just "to save both the town's people and her soldier", though.

Your understanding is correct. The plan is more likely "a plan which could satisfies all of those conditions", not just "to save both the town's people and her soldier", though.
So "That said, I think that (way of thinking) is really typical of T-sama" (A-san meant that's her Master's good point ,always (typical) think of the impossible for the people's interests ?)

I would say his good point is even if it seems impossible, he always trys to find out the best solution for all the people.

I would say his good point is even if it seems impossible, he always trys to find out the best solution for all the people.
ok now i'm wondering about 2 options here
1/"That said, it's typical of T-sama I guess"
2/"That said, that just who T-sama is"
What do you think is more correct ?

Back
Top Bottom