What's new

Writing and concept kanji cards for five year old

cloa513

後輩
28 May 2016
My son is five and he now and again asks to write particular kanji. I would prefer cards as apps are distracting and I can fit to his whims. I want to careful stroke and writing directions with the concept and reminder picture with all sorts of kanjis such as body parts, animals (we did octopus), actions, objects (we did star), colors... How do I find cards like that?

My son is five and he now and again asks to write particular kanji. I would prefer cards as apps are distracting and I can fit to his whims. I want to careful stroke and writing directions with the concept and reminder picture with all sorts of kanjis such as body parts, animals (we did octopus), actions, objects (we did star), colors... How do I find cards like that?
You're in Japan? I think any large bookstore would have something like that.

Cloa, if you cannot find such cards for sale in a bookstore, you may want to look around for a Japanese person (with some artistic talent) who can make you some cards.

You're in Japan? I think any large bookstore would have something like that.
We have Kinokuniya and other ones. I went there and went to the age related area and it is all books (I bought one) which have age related kanji- I didn't see cards. What should I have asked for? Lots of Japanese in this household but my son has been interested and they haven't done anything. I was upstairs and my son wrote tako kanji from memory (a little wrong) and his grandmother wasn't greatly encouraging. She looks after him lots.

for your information
Infant education: One-character kanji flash card 50 characters

colors and kanji

Thanks but it is not hard to come up with pictures to go with kanji - there are lots of card sets which are familiarize/memorize the kanji or compound for the concept whether animal or color or most concept- actions don't seem to be covered. The hard part is to have a fun stroke order display and a fun way to help him to remember the kanji that he wants to remember. We saw a Heisig remember the kanji pictural verbal explanation on Youtube (just a short one and he liked it). We just did 忍 today with me writing it then he did it. His writing is oversized and poorly spaced and clumsy but the general form was there. He wanted to play ninja something.

Back
Top Bottom