What's new

What do you use while writing Kanji/Hiragana/Katakana?

Writing utensil for Kanji?

• 'Ol Inkbrush

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ballpoint pen(post grade)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Verschrankung

後輩
10 Mar 2010
I am trying to find a nice pen/inkbrush/pencil/whatever set that you guys have found to be excellent for writing Kanji. Any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to find a nice pen/inkbrush/pencil/whatever set that you guys have found to be excellent for writing Kanji. Any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Japanese children learn to write kanji using pencils.
Absolutely nobody writes using a brush pen. Those are used only for writing new year's greeting cards, or practising calligraphy.
Any writing implement is perfectly OK for writing Japanese, such as a biro. The only caveat I can think of is that sometimes a smaller nib is better, if you are writing complicated characters.

i use pencils and gel pins the tip of the thing your writing with helps if its smaller so its much easier to write ^_^

I use a Fisher-Price DoodlePro. But the resolution is garbage, and sometimes parts of characters will go missing because something's wrong with the magnets in the screen. I'm not sure whether it's adversely affected my writing (my handwriting is pretty bad anyway, in English too), but it's nicer than having pages and pages of notebook paper filled.

When I write on paper it's usually with a ballpoint pen, but I've used a mechanical pencil too. I find it doesn't really matter.

Mechanical pencils are the best, not only because I can rub out any mistakes easily but because the lead is at a constant size it's really good for writing all those small radicals in kanji. But eventually of course you need to get confident enough to use practically anything.

i used a tree branch and write on the ground, that's how the ancient Chinese did it.
i carved kanjis onto turtle shells

Although I am sorely out of practice, I generally use whatever writing instrument is at hand at the time. On occasion I am known to use stylus brushes, but woe to he who has to read the ensuing calamnity!

My finger.

I tend to write out kanji I'm learning in the air and mouth the readings. I must look like the biggest loon. 😊

Back
Top Bottom