What's new

Wow - Something Great Happened To Me Today !!!!

Good for you ! Never too old to enjoy learning. I went back to college after I got out of the Navy at 24 years old and found it was easier because I was older than most of the 18 & 19 year old's attending. I hope it works out for you.
Thanks! But it kinda feels weird because we don't have face to face class due to the virus, but I'm still excited about it!

Thanks God

1 hour ago, When I came home from my work office , in the road when I changed the route... almost hit the green belt in the middle of the road ...
Now, I say to myself: thanks to the quick thinking and effective response, I am free from trauma. my quickly slow down and adjust my direction. Thank God, there is only a little friction noise, and it is also the friction of harmless parts

Good job on good driving. I once had a week where I had 3 flat tires. Turns out my patient had a new roof put on and there were nails everywhere on the ground. I soon learned to park across the street , LOL.

this didn't happen today but it was 6 years ago XD i was sitting on a bus and sneezed. my sneeze sounds like "h-tssssssssss" like you're opening a bottle or can of soda/pop etc. this girl at the front said in a hushed tone to her mother (i think) "that guys sneeze was so cool"
yeah 6 years on, i still look back on that with fondness

Wow , what a day. Got my blood work back and I'm not a hard core diabetic. I gave up all sugar and exercised more and in just 3 months , back to being borderline diabetic and just cutting out sugar means no insulin or meds. Also . I was at the gun store today to look at a gun I "might" buy. While looking around , I found 2 other guns I had been searching for for about 5 years. Ended up with 3 guns for my collection that no one seemed to have for sale anywhere for years. Value on the 3 guns should have been $4000 US and I stole them for $2500 US. The only down side is my wife has me sleeping in the dog house for the next month , LOL.

Wow , what a day. Got my blood work back and I'm not a hard core diabetic. I gave up all sugar and exercised more and in just 3 months , back to being borderline diabetic and just cutting out sugar means no insulin or meds. Also . I was at the gun store today to look at a gun I "might" buy. While looking around , I found 2 other guns I had been searching for for about 5 years. Ended up with 3 guns for my collection that no one seemed to have for sale anywhere for years. Value on the 3 guns should have been $4000 US and I stole them for $2500 US. The only down side is my wife has me sleeping in the dog house for the next month , LOL.
Maybe a dog house upgrade is in order?

Uncle_Franks_house.png

Hard these days to find a garage you can trust. The little garage near my home was sold and the first time I took my car there ,200.gifthey screwed up the wires. I found a new garage where I buy my tires and I took my car there for the yearly inspection. They said the exust system had rust holes and needed to be replaced for $800US. I figured I would rather have the dealer do it with Suburu parts and took it there today. They called a bit later and said no problems at all , passed inspection for just $18. So now I guess I will have to find another little garage to trust.

Wow , what a day. Got my blood work back and I'm not a hard core diabetic.
I'm curious. I've talked to my sis about blood level for HbA1c, and according to her doc, 5.9 is 'borderline' diabetic (or pre-diabetic).

On the other hand, on a physical or for blood work here the given/'normal' range for that marker is 4.6 - 6.2, and I think it's only when above 6.2 that a diabetes worry/diagnosis would be in play.

You don't have to reveal anything personal, but what are the HbA1c thresholds for where you are? Also, are there any other blood markers besides this one that are being used for a diabetes diagnosis?

I'm 6.9 , down from 9.0 after cutting out sugar from my diet. Now , I find out carbs affect my blood reading about the same as sugar did. I'm hoping by cutting them back in my diet , I can maybe bring my readings down more. At 6.9 , I'm a diabetic , but not on any meds at all. My average blood meter reading is around 150. If I have breads or pastas , it jumps to around 200.

Last edited:
Are you familiar with the app NextDoor? I find it's good for finding local service people and contractors. I'd also check ratings on Google or Yelp for any businesses you are considering.
I wouldn't trust Yelp myself.

I had to keep searching around when I moved to Chicago. I eventually tried a Car-X Tire and Auto in Skokie, IL and, though their prices were a bit higher then others I had tried, I have found them to be honest, fast, stand behind their work, and end up being cheaper than the "parts replacer" type of shops because you aren't wasting money replacing parts that are just fine because the shop mechanics don't know how to troubleshoot issues.

So you may want to give a look around to some places that maybe you would just assume are going to be more expensive and see what you feel about them. The other nice thing about the place I found is that they always use OEM parts if they are available, or a reputable aftermarket brand if they are not, and the parts and work are both under warranty.

Back
Top Bottom