What's new

Would You like to learn English?

Tomii515

やった~!
16 Feb 2006
wanna learn english?

if you not that good in english, come see me...ill be in jref chat, or post here. and ill teach you basic things..you have to know a little bit of english. i know some japanese...soo yeah!!! please post!

And I can help you learn those words that he might not teach you (ain't, y'all...) That is of course if Tomii515 is in the room with me...

Tomii515 said:
if you not that good in english, come see me...ill be in jref chat, or post here. and ill teach you basic things..you have to know a little bit of english. i know some japanese...soo yeah!!! please post!

Will you be teaching punctuation, and how and what to capitilise?

Bucko said:
Will you be teaching punctuation, and how and what to capitilise?

Most probably. But it depends if ya wanna pronounce it the British way or the American way. ^^ I wanna help too! ^^ 🙂

Tomii515 said:
Why don't I teach you ENGLISH ?!

if you not that good in english => If you are(or you're) not that good in English.

ill be in jref chat => I'll be in Jref chat.

i know some japanese...soo yeah => I know some Japanese...so yeah(what?)!!

If you call typing English words in katakana "Knowing Japanese", then I doubt you'll be able to teach anybody anything :eek:

I don't think many people are going to be interested if their potential teacher can't spell right on a mesage board...

Hey guys, give the kid a break! He's 12 years old. We should be encouraging him in his studies and enthusiasm to help others. Pointing out his mistakes is fine, but be nice about it! How good was your English when you were 12 years old?

Gomen. I see what you're saying. And I'm not really in a position to critize a person that knows more about the Japanese language than I do...

Mikawa Ossan said:
How good was your English when you were 12 years old?
Actually it was pretty good, If I do say so myself. It was probably better then than it is now. 😌 But I agree, we should give the kid a break. Being mean doesn't accomplish much.

Mikawa Ossan said:
Hey guys, give the kid a break! He's 12 years old. We should be encouraging him in his studies and enthusiasm to help others. Pointing out his mistakes is fine, but be nice about it! How good was your English when you were 12 years old?

Since I spoke like everyone around me, likely it would not have been considered so hot. But I did have decent composition skills.

The problem isn't the OP's English ability, or lack thereof. The problem is that people tend to write exactly as they would speak. Had we heard rather than read the initial post, I doubt that it would have given any of us pause.

His spirit and enthusiasm are to be admired and encouraged. Although based on personal experience in the chat room the other day, I would have to say his Japanese hasn't yet progressed to the point where it is going to be very useful once the conversation gets past 窶堋ア窶堙ア窶堙俄?堋ソ窶堙?

Mike Cash said:
His spirit and enthusiasm are to be admired and encouraged. Although based on personal experience in the chat room the other day, I would have to say his Japanese hasn't yet progressed to the point where it is going to be very useful once the conversation gets past 窶堋ア窶堙ア窶堙俄?堋ソ窶堙?
Plus there were complaints about his behaviour. (swearing and that kind of things)
Joining JREF to be a pain in the butt and harassing others is not my idea of teaching :eek:

RockLee said:
Plus there were complaints about his behaviour. (swearing and that kind of things)
Joining JREF to be a pain in the butt and harassing others is not my idea of teaching :eek:

I must add that I didn't see any behavior like that when I was in chat with him. He behaved quite well then. His good behavior stood out because there were a couple of other young posters who were being extremely annoying.

Ah, now I feel bad for beating on a 12 year old :-(

Good for you, kid, that you're so interested in both teaching and learning.

Oh, yes...12 years old. Mine was full of bombs in one classroom. One interesting year where we had a fight in class. My team (the whole class) and my enemy (everyone's enemy) ^^

Don't feel bad, Tomii-san. We don't mean it that way. That shows that we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. ^^

uh.... alright, i just think it's nice (and i think it's cool) to try to teach people something =O

Hey, I'm Tomii. I know I'm twelve and I may be annoying sometimes (if your in the Jref Chat =D) But I would like to try to teach some people something. As long as you know how to speak some English, I'll be to teach you! I know some Japanese, so that may help. I made a chat like this before, but I wanted to make a new one. I will probaly be in the Jref Chat. If you do decide you would like to learn something, just go to the chat, or post what you would like to learn. If I'm not at this forum, or in the chat, PM me. Thank you! 😌

Woah what...
Hahaha, I was looking back at my first posts over three years ago...
Even though I don't really rememebr posting this, I can understand why people were being rather blunt to me.
I was really annoying...
Hopefully i've matured since then, hah.

No one's ever in the chat, or wants to learn English...I also want to teach someone, but it's not happening...

Notice this thread being started over three years ago...
I was just looking through my old posts from when I first signed up for jref, and I was amazed by how annoying and obnoxious I was.
Hence why I left a comment saying that...

Woah what...
Hahaha, I was looking back at my first posts over three years ago...
Even though I don't really rememebr posting this, I can understand why people were being rather blunt to me.
I was really annoying...
Hopefully i've matured since then, hah.
Oh, yes, you've grown up Tomii!

When you started posting at age 12, I thought for a moment that you're a troll! 😊

Hope to chat again on Paltalk! 🙂

Back
Top Bottom