What's new

Question Would this content be offensive to Japanese?

Garant

Registered
29 Jul 2021
I've created an Android application, and I was started thinking recently, if it could be offending for Japanese people.

I would be really grateful if you could have a look on the description, and tell your opinion on that.

Maybe others also have similar questions regarding different things, who knows. As a European, I always find it very difficult to guess how someone from a far-east culture would react to some contents...

Thank you!

What are you worried about: the concept, the title, the historical background? I think most Japanese couldn't care less; there are countless other "kamikaze" games and apps out there. And usually, it's Westerners, not Japanese, who obsess about kamikaze (and ninja). ;)

Probably they only ones that really hated them were US Navy sailors and few are left alive these days.
200.gif

I think to most Japanese if you say "kamikaze" they won't even associate it with the WW2 pilots without added context. They would probably think about ancient typhoons.

Thank you very much for your responses!
I was thinking about, that it could be something like de-faming soldiers who were actually sacrificed their life for their country.
As I wrote in the description, I think most of the historians agree, that Kamikazes were not an optimal way of using war-resources, but still, referencing them as "non-reasonable" might make some people feel being offended.
Thank you again!

Back
Top Bottom