What's new

Why Other Countries Hate Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
osias said:
A good point!! It's a double standard when someone says that the Japanese did the worst. It's easier to blame an outsider (particularly a loser). The Chinese gov is direnting the ppl's attention away from the attrocities that their leaders have done.
My history teacher (British) back in HS said, what Japan did was like nothing compared to what Mao Ze Dong did. (I think she was not particularly making favorable comments for Japan, because there were Chinese students, too. )
Doing less doesn't justify the killing itself, but the claim that the Japanese did the worst is meaningless.

I did not say they Japanese did the worst but probably the worst.

Far more Chinese died during the Cultural Revolution and far more Koreans died in the Korean war then during the Japanese Occupation of both those countries (or territories in China's case). The damage the Japanese did wasn't so much in loss of life, although that was considerable as well. The damage the Japanese did was in deconstructing Chinese and Korean cultures and tearing away at thousands of years of cherished traditions. Furthermore, they did not think of Chinese and Koreans as equals and thought Chinese and Koreans needed to be taken care of like children because Chinese and Koreans did not modernize as fast as they did. Sometimes they didn't even think of Chinese and Koreans in this manner and thought of Chinese and Koreans less as human beings and more as resources. For the Chinese they were used as live ginnie pigs for germ warfare. For Koreans they were either cannon fodder for the Imperial army or forced into extreme labor in the most remote parts of the empire. If you were a young Korean woman, you were a sex slave for the imperial army.

Evidently,Chinese and Koreans' rants fell on deaf ears in Japan the past 6 decades.

The Japanese author of " A Public Betrayed " reportedly said in an televised interview, younger generation Japanese politicians WANT TO FORGET ABOUT IT and TREAT IT AS A HISTORIC PAST NOT WORTH OF MENTIONING.

Many of today's Japanese ruling elites whose grandfathers were actively involved in WW II.They certainly would not want to REVEAL SINS of THEIR FOREBEARS.

Another issue is PSYCHOLOGICALLY ONE.

Minty said:
Far more Chinese died during the Cultural Revolution and far more Koreans died in the Korean war then during the Japanese Occupation of both those countries (or territories in China's case). The damage the Japanese did wasn't so much in loss of life, although that was considerable as well. The damage the Japanese did was in deconstructing Chinese and Korean cultures and tearing away at thousands of years of cherished traditions. Furthermore, they did not think of Chinese and Koreans as equals and thought Chinese and Koreans needed to be taken care of like children because Chinese and Koreans did not modernize as fast as they did. Sometimes they didn't even think of Chinese and Koreans in this manner and thought of Chinese and Koreans less as human beings and more as resources. For the Chinese they were used as live ginnie pigs for germ warfare. For Koreans they were either cannon fodder for the Imperial army or forced into extreme labor in the most remote parts of the empire. If you were a young Korean woman, you were a sex slave for the imperial army.
Evidently,Chinese and Koreans' rants fell on deaf ears in Japan the past 6 decades.
The Japanese author of " A Public Betrayed " reportedly said in an televised interview, younger generation Japanese politicians WANT TO FORGET ABOUT IT and TREAT IT AS A HISTORIC PAST NOT WORTH OF MENTIONING.
Many of today's Japanese ruling elites whose grandfathers were actively involved in WW II.They certainly would not want to REVEAL SINS of THEIR FOREBEARS.

May I ask you a question?
When did Japan fight against Korea?

osias said:
That's the way I see it. If you say that the J are beautifying the war, why not accuse others for beautifying their history, too?? Obviously, China & Korea think they are Japan's superiors, that's why they oppose the revision of Japan's history.

That is ~! Japan is not the only country who invade China~ however ,Japan is a loser in World War 2. Back to the sentence:"Who controls the past controls the future;Who controls the present controls the past"
--by George Orwell

I don't know what will be if Japan win the war ,but ,start the war is not good ~ killing is ugly! Japanese have only themselves to blame.

That is the past~~ we both feel tired and sad when we look back upon those things~ ,But if Japan will follow the same old disastrous road?face the future ,I think Japan should show his sincerity to the neighbouring country,avoid arousing suspicion.

4321go said:
That is ~! Japan is not the only country who invade China~ however ,Japan is a loser in World War 2. Back to the sentence:"Who controls the past controls the future;Who controls the present controls the past"
--by George Orwell
I don't know what will be if Japan win the war ,but ,start the war is not good ~ killing is ugly! Japanese have only themselves to blame.
That is the past~~ we both feel tired and sad when we look back upon those things~ ,But if Japan will follow the same old disastrous road?face the future ,I think Japan should show his sincerity to the neighbouring country,avoid arousing suspicion.

What does Japan control?:?
Please teach it to be concrete.:haihai:
Because I am not educated in China.☝
I may not know it.
I want to know what a Japanese right-winger is going to revise.:unsure:

Minty said:
Thanks for enlightening me!! I'm more interested in the aggressions and atrocities done by the Chinese, so will you explain it to me in detail? (Tibet, Cultural Revolution, ethinic cleansing of minorities, etc.)

A Korean newspaper article says that some Korean scholars are also reviewing their history under the Japanese occupation, because they've noticed that fabrications in their history are fueling unnecessary anger in ppl. So will the Chinese review their history, too?

http://japanese.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2004/11/20/20041120000000.html
窶披?コ窶ケツウナステカツ「ナス窶樞?堋ス窶堋ソ窶堋ェツ植窶督ッ窶冢ナスナセ窶佚」窶堙俄?堙や?堋「窶堙??冦窶堙≫?堙??堋「窶堙ゥナ?テ伉坂?伉人窶堙個集窶冂窶廬窶ケL窶ーツッ窶堙坂?伉ス窶堋ュ窶堙個湘ェツ坂?。ツ、ツ催ャ窶堙ァ窶堙ェ窶堋ス窶堙?窶堙娯?堙?、窶ケツウヒ?ァ窶堋ウ窶堙ェ窶堋ス窶堙?窶堙娯?堋セツ」

It says that the collective memories under the Japanese occupation are the result of education...Memories are constructed. Most anti-Japanese sentiments stem from these distorted memories.

Last edited:
4321go said:
That is ツ ̄! Japan is not the only country who invade Chinaツ ̄ however ,Japan is a loser in World War 2. Back to the sentence:"Who controls the past controls the future;Who controls the present controls the past"
--by George Orwell
I don't know what will be if Japan win the war ,but ,start the war is not good ツ ̄ killing is ugly! Japanese have only themselves to blame.
That is the pastツ ̄ツ ̄ we both feel tired and sad when we look back upon those thingsツ ̄ ,But if Japan will follow the same old disastrous road?face the future ,I think Japan should show his sincerity to the neighbouring country,avoid arousing suspicion.

Japan is not blaming anyone. Just tired. Japanese diplomacy really sucks..

Are the Chinese sincere?? Why is it that the Chinese gov is hiding Japanese ODA from the Chinese public? They should reflect on themselves too, before they stick their nose in someone's business. Why is it that the Chinese feel that they are the only exception. That's why we were talking about the double standard.

Last edited:
Why do people always combine China and Korea together?
Yes, both of China and Korea hate Japan, but the reason
of the "hate" is quite different.
In my opinion, behind the dispute between China and Japan in
historical issue is a contest of who will dominate Asia.
China has disadvantage of autarchy, Japan has disadvantage
of aggressive past and each one want to overwhelm the other.
As the economical strength of the two almost the same,
who get moral superiority, who will win the game.
Korea is quite different, they hate all their strong neighbors.
and Korean distort their history much more than China and Japan.
I show you a history book published in S-Korea, after seeing
those picture, I believe you will agree that compare with
Korea, Japan almost 100% honest country:) s0.jpg
s1.jpg
s2.jpg

gs001 said:
Korea, Japan almost 100% honest country:)View attachment 4522
View attachment 4523
View attachment 4524

Interesting.

http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=post511191993685xs0hx.jpg

I got this image at another forum, too..I don't know where this image comes from, but it looks like Koreans really have a bloated self-image. They are known as 窶禿ゥヒ弸ナスツゥ窶佚・

Last edited:
osias said:
Japan is not blaming anyone. Just tired. Japanese diplomacy really sucks..
Are the Chinese sincere?? Why is it that the Chinese gov is hiding Japanese ODA from the Chinese public? They should reflect on themselves too, before they stick their nose in someone's business. Why is it that the Chinese feel that they are the only exception. That's why we were talking about the double standard.
Oh dear ,you go too far away~ some of your words makes me feel angry,but ,you reveal what the native Japanese really think.

"someone's business" ,so you mean it is Japan's own business?

gs001 said:
Korea, Japan almost 100% honest country:)View attachment 4522
View attachment 4523
View attachment 4524

good comparison! however, few Korean believe it ~~ hehe ,there are many Korean in this forum, they can tell you something.

but ,as you know , many Japanese don't know the reality, I feel more and more difficulty to explain why Japan being disliked by the country who once being invaded by Japan. I am actually a lazy man,however, I hope Japan can do as good as the Germany do , the country who is a loser in WW2 like Japan.
Germany is a country admirable in showing their shrift

osias said:
Interesting.
I got this image at another forum, too..I don't know where this image comes from, but it looks like Koreans really have a bloated self-image. They are known as 窶禿ゥヒ弸ナスツゥ窶佚・
Yep, your anti-Korean attitude is rather interesting. What makes you think that this picture is a genuine Korean creation & that a majority of Koreans support such an idea of Super-Korea?

4321go said:
Oh dear ,you go too far awayツ ̄ some of your words makes me feel angry,but ,you reveal what the native Japanese really think.
"someone's business" ,so you mean it is Japan's own business?

I'm talking about the Double Standard! This is the problem with the Chinese.. It doesn't make sense to excuse the Chinese for their own terrible acts. They should practice what they preach.

About the native Japnese..Actually, I'm an expat, so my ideas can be quite different from what other Japanese think. I'm viewing things from outside. There are different opinions, actually.

good comparison! however, few Korean believe it ツ ̄ツ ̄ hehe ,there are many Korean in this forum, they can tell you something.
but ,as you know , many Japanese don't know the reality, I feel more and more difficulty to explain why Japan being disliked by the country who once being invaded by Japan. I am actually a lazy man,however, I hope Japan can do as good as the Germany do , the country who is a loser in WW2 like Japan. Germany is a country admirable in showing their shrift

Many Chinese don't know the reality. Why is it that the Chinese media is under the control of the gov?? Why is it that their gov is extorting money from the Japanese gov?

The Japanese have more access to information (if they are interested.) Japanese schools have freedom to choose from several different versions of history textbooks. That makes a lot of difference from the Chinese. I myself have more access to information, I also read Chinese without much difficulty..

Last edited:
bossel said:
Yep, your anti-Korean attitude is rather interesting. What makes you think that this picture is a genuine Korean creation & that a majority of Koreans support such an idea of Super-Korea?

Good reading comprehension. Did I say anything like that?

I'm just interested. If you know where the image comes from, let me know. I was wondering if this map was a parody or something.

osias said:
Good reading comprehension. Did I say anything like that?
Your statement "it looks like Koreans really have a bloated self-image" is pretty self-evident. If you don't think that the map was Korean-made & that a majority supports this view, why this statement?

I'm just interested. If you know where the image comes from, let me know. I was wondering if this map was a parody or something.
Nope. If you were "just interested" & "wondering", you would have asked, not made a comment as you did (& it's not the 1st time you used this pic).

Hiroyuki Nagashima said:
Did Germany do reparation by the state?
Of course.

bossel said:
Your statement "it looks like Koreans really have a bloated self-image" is pretty self-evident. If you don't think that the map was Korean-made & that a majority supports this view, why this statement?

Nope. If you were "just interested" & "wondering", you would have asked, not made a comment as you did (& it's not the 1st time you used this pic).

Of course.

Your comments do not contribute much to what's being said..you are like, ...Of course, yep, nope..no more than that.

osias said:
Your comments do not contribute much to what's being said..
Like, I don't add any anti-Korean crap?

you are like, ...Of course, yep, nope..no more than that.
Really? There are a number of other words in my posts. Maybe here are some members with good Japanese knowledge who could translate for you?

bossel said:
Like, I don't add any anti-Korean crap?
Really? There are a number of other words in my posts. Maybe here are some members with good Japanese knowledge who could translate for you?
No more thread-jacking..plz

Last edited:
Oasis,

It hardly constitutes thread jacking when someone is pointing out that you seemed to have missed most of his points and that you seem to be just trolling. Bossel hardly strikes me as the thread jacking type. You on the other hand.......

I think a lot of countries Hate Japan, because of there arrogance sometimes, and there superior feeling in Asia. + world war 2. Lot's of people * older* have underlying hate against Japan.

Also because of being the second Economical power in the world, people just hate you because of that!

But besides hating, I think that there are more people who are interested and think positive about Japan, than hate them.... if you do hate Japan, please boycott them, and stop buying all your electrical products, etc.

But a little bit about Japan and it's second world war! I do not understand why the younger generation of chinese have demonstrations about the books, and Koizumi visiting the shrine,etc. They have nothing to do with that war besides that their grandfathers fought in it * ... my grandfather fought in the west Indie war, and hide for the germans... I don't hate the germans because of this* Why all this hate? So I think hate like this is just B-shitt.

Dutch Baka said:
I think a lot of countries Hate Japan, because of there arrogance sometimes, and there superior feeling in Asia. + world war 2. Lot's of people * older* have underlying hate against Japan.
Also because of being the second Economical power in the world, people just hate you because of that!
Maybe Japan is only the second Economical power in name but not
in reality. it depend on how you consider it
recently, I read a ppp-GDP rank of 2005 in CIA website
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/rankorder/2001rank.html
Rank Country GDP (purchasing power parity) Date of Information
1 World $ 59,590,000,000,000 2005 est.
2 United States $ 12,410,000,000,000 2005 est.
3 European Union $ 12,180,000,000,000 2005 est.
4 China $ 8,182,000,000,000 2005 est.
5 Japan $ 3,914,000,000,000 2005 est.
6 India $ 3,699,000,000,000 2005 est.
7 Germany $ 2,454,000,000,000 2005 est.
8 United Kingdom $ 1,869,000,000,000 2005 est.
9 France $ 1,822,000,000,000 2005 est.
10 Italy $ 1,651,000,000,000 2005 est.
Now China exceeds Japan and becomes the third largest trader in
the world and China's foreign exchange reserve also exceeds Japan
and becomes the largest holder of USD by the end of last year.
I believe sooner or later Japan will pay for "their arrogance, and
superior feeling in Asia".
If China agree to appreciate its currency according to the request
of USA and EU, even the GDP at official exchange rate will not
lose to Japan.

Last edited:
Let your president know the soonest way to be No. 1, "floating exchange rate regime", people around the world surely appreciate your Chinese greatness if she'd apply it now.
I cannot imagine what was really like, 1USD=360JPY.

pipokun said:
Let your president know the soonest way to be No. 1, "floating exchange rate regime", people around the world surely appreciate your Chinese greatness if she'd apply it now.
I cannot imagine what was really like, 1USD=360JPY.
Please give Chinese government more pressure and force them
to appreciate its currency, I welcome it.
That will make my money increase, so that I can buy many luxury
and travel around the world without any difficulty:)
unfortunately, our government addict to export too much:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom