What's new

Why is it weird for a Japanese person to walk with a black person?

"Hey dude, just because you are c*ck-blocking doesn't mean that a guy still can't mack."

Too bad I didn't interfere or "c*ck-block" huh?

"I love guys that try to play protector, man people just go by these dudes anyways. What do you do if one of your friends hits on a dude, I suppose you interfere with that."

Two things: 1. Gender doesn't dictate behavior, 2. I didn't interfere. Try reading

"It sounds like you want to get with some of your friends, but they have no interest in you."

Nope, I'm just keepin an eye on them.

"Therefore, you've got the attitude if I can't be with them no one can. That's cool brotha, like Black Street says, "hate on Playa, playa hate on.""

Um, I don't want to be with them, I'm just watching out for them. Is that too hard a concept?

"Man, you obviously can't even comprehend your own logic, no suprise there. You were the one claiming that if you have a white friend that makes you exempt from being labeled a racist if you have you people a majority of people because they're white. As for Hilter, besides being evil and sick, he was a intelligent man, so I take that as a compliment."

I know Hitler was intelligent, but he was, well, his intelligence just went down the drain at one time. OK pal, listen to this: If you claim to hate ALL WHITES yet have a WHITE friend, you do not hate ALL WHITES, now do you?

"If you hate one person because of their race, you are considered racist. Man, are you that dense?"

Too bad I don't hate anyone because of their race huh?

"Hey take a look at your first post, you claim that you are not contradicting yourself, and also that you said that you don't hate whites. Check out your first post genius.

Quote:
Well, I know that when I see a white guy hitting on an Asian female I get offended and want to stop them, even if they're no one I know and the Asian isn't my blood.

cyber ape wrote: Well, I can't speak for Japan, so I really don't know. I never had a problem with anyone, until I moved here. Now, I really, really DESPISE caucasians. Of course, I look Caucasian, so everbody thinks I'm just a contradicting self-hating fool. Oh well.

You have just proved that you are a contradicting self-hating fool by this post."

OK, how many times must I say this: I'm over that. You see, this is how you know when you're losing: you use older facts I've openly stated are invalid for I've moved past them, yet you continue to try to use them as if they're a sword. Idiot, they're a paper fan, not a sword. Go ahead and try to break my shield with that. If you keep insisting on using thigns I've said are invalid, then you're not going to win. I've already said I've moved past them. To quote the Devil,"Learn the facts, and wise up."

"Omae ha sekai de ii ban baka na hito no de damatta hou ga iin ja nai? You say you don't hate whites, you just really really despise them (hint: despise is a very similar to the word "hate" which you could use interchangably *wink*). So far, from your posts, you have accurately portrayed yourself as a radical republican, congrats."

I'm not republican, and I don't hate them. Get with the times pal; you're using stale posts on a new sandwich, and you're not gonna get any customers. Even a fool cannot catch a cold.

"You said it immaculately when you spouted out, "If you can't get your facts right, don't bother. That leads me to the question, why are you still bothering, because your facts either aren't facts, or they contradict each other. You should have the title of "Undefeated Exploiting Champion", because so far you have exploited yourself to the fullest of how much of an illogical, arrogant, ignorant, self proclaimed "guardian" of the asian race, you are the epitome of self contradiction. You say you have blind egoism, the only think you are blind on is seeing and expressing logical argument. Oh yeah, your crazy confidence =Cocky = Profusely Arrogant. I've read your points, and you have yet to make any worth posting. William Shakespeare was a great writer, Robert Frost is a great writer (Poet), you are a great writer of posting contracting nonsense that does not have any logical merit what-so-ever. Your kamikaze may be known as the "Divine Wind," but it is also the equivalent of a suicide bomber, and it shows because in every post you make, it is another act of committing suicide. Your logics couldn't beat themselves out of a wet paper bag with a knife. As Nas once said, "Aw made you look, you a slave to a page in my rhyme book." That fits most appropriately here, so back to school and learn something son."

You know, this is an exploitation war. Personal insults don't win, unless they apply to exploiting.

1. Illogical? So wait, you not reading my posts and then saying the most radical stuff with absolute confidence is logical?
2. Arrogant? Well, when you're a victor and a champion, you like to rub it in your foes' face, especially when THEY CHALLENGED YOU!
3. Ignorant. I'm about to vomit. You don't read my posts when I say "I'm over it" and I'M ignorant? Heh, shows how ILLOGICAL you are.
4. Um, I'm not a Guardian of the Asian race, I'm a guardian of my friends, as I see them as my children, and I wasn't the one who granted myself that title. And so what if I like to watch-out for my friends? Isn't that what friends do? And, unlike you seemto think, I did NOT interrupt(read my posts shounen) nor did I "c*ck-block" him. I just thought. And, incase you try to bring this up again, I'm over it. No use trying to ride a dead camel.
5. Self-Contradiction? Pal, ever heard of CHANGE OF HEART? CHANGING YOUR MIND? REALIZING YOUR MISTAKES AND CORRECTING THEM? Firstly, my statements were blown out of proportion by nonsense like I supposedly hate every living Caucasian in the world, then when I openely tell you,"I'm sorry, that was then, this is now. I don't hate whites, that two weeks ago, I'm over it" you just ignore it and act like I'm still racist? You know, THIS is the reason why I continue. All of you. Each and every last one of you is ignorant to all of my posts. How can you win an exploitation war on empty fuel? You've got the passion, just not the power. I'll give you one last shot, otherwise this war is won in the name of the Undefeated Exploiting Champion.
6. Um, I think when I said "Blind egotism AND CRAZY COURAGE", I kinda meant them together, and I said they were a great trait TO HAVE, not I HAVE.
7. Shakespheare and Frost are not great writers. Koushun Takami is a great writer, Basho is a great writer. And, I really meant that as a joke -_-.
8. I meant divine wind ^_~
9. As Nas ALSO once said: "You can hate me now, 'cuz I won't stop now." I've constantly offered apologies and peace-treaties, yet you Blind Fighters(if you don't know what a Blind Fighter is, read the two words closely) continue to rag on issues that are null and void.

Chakuseki, sako.

This has been wa-a-a-a-ay to off topic for a long time. If anyone else wants to continue this dialoge with Cyberape, I'm going to split this thread off into another one.

*Is ecstatic that he doesn't have to read Cyber Ape's posts anymore. Thank god for ignore options*

Anyway, back on topic, the situation of discrimination against african americans is probably the same in alot of places. The only difference is that alot of areas in Japan have fewer african americans than everywhere else, and a lack of contact with someone of another race is bound to lead to fear of that person simply out of the human trait to fear what they don't understand.

ツ"Sorry buddy globalization is in full effect, and there is nothing you can do to halt this ongoing force. ツ"

Globalization is a very bad idea. The more ツ"globalツ" the world is the less diverse we are.
I greatly fear a worldwide supergovernment form which there is no escape. The world is naturally ツ"diverseツ" and there is great diversity within homegenous groups of people. Differenct customs, dialects, ect.

ツ"That's nice that having a homogenous society worked well for the Japanese. You could say that communism worked well for many countries in the past, but you can see that is switching over due to globalization, and other various forces.ツ"

The difference is that a homogenous society has served the Japanese quite well. Communism was a popular liberal concept at the time that was forced onto an entire population with devastating results. It's no accident that Japan's period of isolation is celebrated as its golden age. What you and people who share your beliefs are forcing onto other people is nothing short of ethnocentrism. It's destructive and destabilizing to societies that just may be happy the way they are. The US and Western Europe are NOT the moral arbiters of the world and do NOT have the right to dictate to other peoples what is right and what is wrong and what should be changed. Anyone with half a brain can see that. I find it very ironic that 71.12% of the members here would prefer living in Japan. Why is that? Could it be because of their unique racial characteristics and the culture borne out of that? Could it be because they are different than you and live a different kind lifestyle? If everything is the same everywhere where would you go to be different? Mars?

ツ"Quit living in the past there pal, wake up and smell the present. Diverseness makes the world go around, and having an absolute homogenous society would be the epitome of boredom.ツ"

I reckon that if Japan was a 'mixed' and 'diverse' country then it wouldn't really be Japan anymore and you and I probably wouldn't be at this web log right now.ツ" Japan was and is a relatively homogenous society, would you say that it's boring there? Do you go to Japan to see Americans. No you go there to see Japanese people and Japanese culture. I rest my case

"It seems you need a dose of culture as well as education, and so maybe you won't end up developing into a waste of physical matter. Mixed cultures is not only a beautiful thing, it makes the whole world a more interesting place to live. "

I am educated as well or better than anyone else here. I hold a 2 year degree in Liberal Arts and I am going back for my BA next fall. Simply because I don't agree with you does not justify outright hostility and insults nor does it make be backwards and/or ignorant.

There is no evidence that 'diversity' is beneficial to any society or the lack there of is a determent. Race and cultures generally don't 'mix''. The 'race' with the most numbers will simply outbreed those with lesser numbers until the smaller populations disappear altogether....for example the indigenous Ainu and American Indian which you could probably count their numbers on your fingers.

Most of the people on this forum sound like like teenagers raised on a steady diet of MTV and CNN. Your liberal biases are disheartening to say the least. But the fact that you all *think* you're peace loving ツ"world citizensツ" with an open mind then turn around and attack someone who has a different opinion and world veiw viscously is utterly disgusting. What good will banning me do? I rarely visit this place for one and it only makes you a coward for silencing someone with a different viewpoint than you. And considering the hostility I've received here I'll be a read only member anyway.

Last edited:
Because japanese people watched too many episodes of the cartoon "The Jetsons." They thought in the future.. there weren't suppose to be any....

Can't we all just... get along?

Hey Viper,

I'm not here to start fights, and toss out insults, but when you start out with blatant insults yourself, don't expect people to just sit there and tolerate it.
Let's go back to your first post which I thought was very insulting and a very ignorant point-of-view. You Wrote:

Japan belongs to the Japanese people. If they choose to stereotype people or be "racist" then so be it. Who are you as a foriegner to critisize a people that historically, for the most part kept to themselves and did not interfere with foriegn socities? Nor did they ask you to be there. I couldnt care less how negroes are treated in Japan. They don't need to be there. The more Japanese that move to Japan the less Japanese it will be. It will not be long before there won't be a full blooded Japanese person left in the world due to the liberal west's miscegenation dream. Having a homogenous society, which has worked for the Japanese for thousands of years is starting to being broken down and I think that it's a tragedy.

First off your terminology of the word "Negroes," is an absolutely derogative and demeaning term. In the times we are in today you should know better than to use such blatant disrespectful words...geez you might as well have dropped the n-bomb.

Secondly, who are you to dictate about where anybody should live, or go about their business. Everyone has a right to live where they want to, and so if a Westerner develops a love for Japan, and wants to live there they have every right to do so. You have no right what-so-ever to criticize a person for wanting to live where they please.

Third, all over the world there are groups of Japanese people who maintain some purity within another population. Take Brazil for example, they have a large Japanese population within Sao Paulo, where they have built there own "Japan Town," where the Japanese culture will never cease to exist. They still have a population of Japanese which are still "racially pure." The same goes with California as well, they have large amounts of Japanese people, and sure you can live in a different population, but you don't forget your "Roots."

Alright lets get to some of your next points:

Globalization is a very bad idea. The more ツ"globalツ" the world is the less diverse we are.
I greatly fear a worldwide supergovernment form which there is no escape. The world is naturally ツ"diverseツ" and there is great diversity within homegenous groups of people. Differenct customs, dialects, ect.

Do you even have an understanding of what globalization is all about? Without globalization, we would not even be living the same lifestyles as we are now. For one, we would not have the technology that we do, and we probably would even be on here typing on a forum, because almost nobody would even own a computer. Through globalization, we were able to increase our techonlogy, our economies, and are able to be living at higher standards of living.

The concept of "Free Trade," is there for being able to increase the growth of a country's economy. Are you telling me that the Chinese are dreading the concept of globalization? Due to globalization, they are finally able to not only make their economy more efficient, but they are increasing the potential to become the next world "Economic Super Power." Since they have switched towards a more democratic sense China was able to make their economy more efficient through the privatization of their companies. Right now they have a huge population which equates to cheap labor, and through globalization, they are going to raise their standards of living, and head towards the status where the US is currently. Are you telling me it's wrong to give these new "developing countries," a chance at a higher PPP (Purchasing Power Parity, A.K.A. Standard of Living)? The South Eastern Countries have come a long way, and now that there are less trade barriers, they have the opportunities to reap the economic benefits, and so it's not just beneficial for the developed nations anymore.

The truth of the matter is that Japan, Today, could not survive as a top economic power if they were in a period of "Isolation." It may have worked well for them back in the past, but in these days if that was the case, they wouldn't be an economic power, they would have top notch technology, and they would probably have no choice but to get into the international market to survive. Japan's once renown economic powers "Sogoshosha" (Trading Companies) once generated a great deal of revenue for Japan, but once the late 80's and 90's hit their profits were consumed, and they were thought to maybe disappear. However, they are fighting back these days since they have got into more profitable markets such a Biotechnology and IT. Over 50% of their profits come from overseas operations. Japan's current problem is their banking system, and due to a significant number of bad loans, they are suffering. They are currently restructuring the whole banking system, and hopefully will see future growth in the industry. The point is that without investing abroad and being solely dependent on the domestic market, Japan would not be the technological phenomenon which it is known as these days.
The standard of living would be less, which means the companies would not have as much money to devote to Research and Development, thus you wouldn't be able to enjoy all these fancy little gadgets they sell these days.

The US and Western Europe are NOT the moral arbiters of the world and do NOT have the right to dictate to other peoples what is right and what is wrong and what should be changed. Anyone with half a brain can see that. I find it very ironic that 71.12% of the members here would prefer living in Japan. Why is that? Could it be because of their unique racial characteristics and the culture borne out of that? Could it be because they are different than you and live a different kind lifestyle? If everything is the same everywhere where would you go to be different? Mars?

Are you saying that Prime Minister Koizumi reports directly to Bush, Blair, and the rest of the leaders out there before making a decision that affects Japan?
What's the West trying to change? Japan was the one that opened its doors to foreigners, and if you were to go to Japan, the majority of Japanese don't hate Westerners. If there was a huge hatred towards Westerners by the majority of the Japanese people, then you would read about Japanese lynching Westerners everyday, but that just does not exist. The amount of racist people are not that significant. If I can live there for 2 years without one person displaying any acts of hate, then I guess that is pretty significant.
The 71.12% of the members here would prefer living in Japan is the same reason why probably 90-95% of Americans would prefer living in their homeland. It's all about where you have grown up, and of course you would feel more comfortable in your home culture, that is common sense at its simplest form.

I reckon that if Japan was a 'mixed' and 'diverse' country then it wouldn't really be Japan anymore and you and I probably wouldn't be at this web log right now.ツ" Japan was and is a relatively homogenous society, would you say that it's boring there? Do you go to Japan to see Americans. No you go there to see Japanese people and Japanese culture. I rest my case

If Japan was more of a diverse country, then there would be just as many people logged on here then there are now. Don't you get the point, just because different races are in the population, that doesn't mean the values and traditions are going to change. When people enter and live into a new country, they have to follow the norms and culture of that country. It's called adaptation, and people have been doing this for thousands of years. If Westerners want to survive in the Japanese Business world, they have to play by the Japanese rules, or they can forget it.

Do you really go to Japan to see American People you ask? Do the Japanese people go to America specifically to see other Asians? Of course not, but that doesn't mean they're not there. No one is forcing you to interact with anybody that you don't want to. That's like saying I am going to the Zoo to see the Panda Bears, and I do not want to see the lions. That's all good, no one is forcing you to see the Lions, but that doesn't mean they still don't exist.

I am educated as well or better than anyone else here. I hold a 2 year degree in Liberal Arts and I am going back for my BA next fall. Simply because I don't agree with you does not justify outright hostility and insults nor does it make be backwards and/or ignorant.

Most of the people on this forum sound like like teenagers raised on a steady diet of MTV and CNN. Your liberal biases are disheartening to say the least. But the fact that you all *think* you're peace loving ツ"world citizensツ" with an open mind then turn around and attack someone who has a different opinion and world veiw viscously is utterly disgusting. What good will banning me do? I rarely visit this place for one and it only makes you a coward for silencing someone with a different viewpoint than you. And considering the hostility I've received here I'll be a read only member anyway.

Yes, that is definitely commendable to have a 2 year degree, and I have to give you props on wanting to further your education. There is no hostility from simply just disagreeing with you, and I believe your have the right to speak your mind, but when you cross the line on attacking a group, then that is where I draw the line. They way you presented yourself in the first post was very disrespectful, and if you can't recognize that then I guess there is no hope. No one is trying to silence you, so go ahead speak your mind, but don't think the preaching of hate is going to get you far anywhere.

I myself am far from being a teenager who feasts on gracious portions of MTV and CNN. I am a semester or so away from having a Double major in International Business and Business Administration. I also have 4 years of living abroad experience, so I think that I have a pretty good perspective on the "Global Business Scene." I try to stay away from biased news sources such as Fox News and CNN, instead I read more credible publications such as The Wall Street Journal and The Economist. They have a plethora of credible information on the International Aspects as well as Domestic.

There is no evidence that 'diversity' is beneficial to any society or the lack there of is a determent. Race and cultures generally don't 'mix''. The 'race' with the most numbers will simply outbreed those with lesser numbers until the smaller populations disappear altogether....for example the indigenous Ainu and American Indian which you could probably count their numbers on your fingers.

You say that there is no evidence that 'diversity' is beneficial to any society or the lack there of is a deterrent, and I have to disagree with that. Let's say you are in a company, and are trying to brain storm ways to solve a dilemma. Would you want a task force of the same culture that has the same ideas, views, and opinions, or would you want to mix it up, so that there are more ideas from a different point of view due to a different background and experiences. You would definitely want to go for more of a diverse team, so that there are more than just one point-of-view to look at one aspect.

The phrase "Race and cultures generally don't mix," has got to be the most offensive, disrespectful, and blatantly ignorant thing that I have ever heard. That is a slap in the face to any Bi-racial human beings, as well as people who are involved in relationships with other races. That's fine if you share the same Neo-Hilteristic views of racial purity, but you have no authority of that races should mix with others. The output is a beautiful blend of 2 different cultures and races. No one is saying that you have to marry outside of your race, but if people choose to do that, then that's their business, and not your concern. The Indians and Ainu populations weren't significantly decreased by mixed breeding, the reason for their sharp decrease was due to the fact the ugly fact of "Human Slaughter (Just like the Holocaust)." Therefore, you don't really have a grip of what's going on in the World, so I suggest taking International Business, as well as other Multicultural studies, because you are preaching hate brother, and it is just not right.

ViperII said:
Not really. Diversity is essentially in the individual, not in the collective an individual by coincidence belongs to.

there is great diversity within homegenous groups of people. Differenct customs, dialects, ect.
Right (although I can't see much homogenity in the world, anyway). & why should that change so much through globalization?

The US and Western Europe are NOT the moral arbiters of the world and do NOT have the right to dictate to other peoples what is right and what is wrong and what should be changed.
True, but that shouldn't be the essence of globalization. Globalization should mean more freedom: to move, to trade, to think, to say...

Race and cultures generally don't 'mix''. The 'race' with the most numbers will simply outbreed those with lesser numbers until the smaller populations disappear altogether....for example the indigenous Ainu and American Indian which you could probably count their numbers on your fingers.
Wrong! Races & cultures always mixed in history. Ainu & Indians were not "out-bred" but were pushed towards extinction by technologically advanced invaders &/or introduced diseases.

It is kind of strange that they're the only two people on this entire site who don't know how to quote.

Viper has better grammar and puncuation. They don't seem to be the same person. However they do share the same dillusional ideals.

King of Tokyo said:
Viper has better grammar and puncuation. They don't seem to be the same person. However they do share the same dillusional ideals.
hmmm.. true.. it does seem like it... just had me going with the "-" quoting instead of the apparently too hard work of using the

Bossel

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for responding to my post with civility, respect, and objectivity when everyone else was hostile and insulting and resistant to a different opinion. Obviously we disagree on this subject and given that this place is not (at least from what I see) open to many different points of view, especially ones that are radically different, I see no point in debating this any further. No one can predict the future and who really knows what will happen 50, 100, 1000 years from now? Maybe a comet will hit our planet and kill us all. I hope not.

I don't think I'll be coming back here again because I just don't feel very comfortable with such a hostile atmosphere. Thank you and God bless.

PS. To everyone else: Whoever this Ape person is, tis not I.

King of Tokyo said:

Better grammar and punctuation? Pal, I'm a grammar nazi. Besides, his ideas are true, and what's a recurring human trait? The blatant oblviousness to truth. Humans seem to have a hard time accepting truth, because they like to make a their own paradise, but then when it is shattered they tremble in fear and have to find something other than their shallow mind to blame.

While that's of little significance, you fools and just like the fools who voted for Bush.

"Globalization is a very bad idea. The more ツ"globalツ" the world is the less diverse we are."

Nothing wrong thus far. Hey! I've got a great idea! Let's get tons of people from every last country, state, province, clan, tribe, etc, and mix them with every other country, state, etc etc, that way all countries will be nearly copies of the next, except for the obvious language, monetary system, culture, etc. Because when I go to Japan, I would love for an Indian to make my yaki soba -_-

"I greatly fear a worldwide supergovernment form which there is no escape."

Now, this is one viewpoint I disagree with. Just because(hypathetically) the world is homogenous and every country holds every race doesn't mean they share the same ideas. I mean, one man (Xavier....um....forgot last name. Is it Xavier Frances?) once tried to spread Christianity to the Japanese. I'm pretty sure that lead to the period of isolation, or atleast the blocking of every other country(iuno about the Dutch, as they were interested in trade, not religious conversion). I doubt if we were all homogenous, boring, etc, we'd have the same form of government within every continent.

"The world is naturally ツ"diverseツ" and there is great diversity within homegenous groups of people. Differenct customs, dialects, ect."

Hai Viper-Sama. I don't see what's so hard to see about that.

"The US and Western Europe are NOT the moral arbiters of the world and do NOT have the right to dictate to other peoples what is right and what is wrong and what should be changed."

As true as that is, what's that have to do with anything? I know the brain-dead Americans love to spread "freedom" and love to "liberate countries of their brutal dictators and political evils", but we've learned from the past: if people don't like something, they'll rebel, and likely overcome. And, even if they don't and are in need of dire help, unless they ask for our help, we shouldn't just assume and charge head-first. Crap, contradicted myself by posting this. Back to the original thought: "What does this have to do with anything?"

"Anyone with half a brain can see that. I find it very ironic that 71.12% of the members here would prefer living in Japan. Why is that? Could it be because of their unique racial characteristics and the culture borne out of that? Could it be because they are different than you and live a different kind lifestyle? If everything is the same everywhere where would you go to be different? Mars?"

Exactly!

"I reckon that if Japan was a 'mixed' and 'diverse' country then it wouldn't really be Japan anymore and you and I probably wouldn't be at this web log right now.ツ" Japan was and is a relatively homogenous society, would you say that it's boring there? Do you go to Japan to see Americans. No you go there to see Japanese people and Japanese culture. I rest my case"

I don't see how anyone can argue that. I mean....no, that's unarguable. Bull's-eye Viper.

"I am educated as well or better than anyone else here. I hold a 2 year degree in Liberal Arts and I am going back for my BA next fall."

Not that this matters, but titles don't dictate power 🙂

"Simply because I don't agree with you does not justify outright hostility and insults nor does it make be backwards and/or ignorant."

This line could've helped me out alot in my exploiting war above.

"There is no evidence that 'diversity' is beneficial to any society or the lack there of is a determent. Race and cultures generally don't 'mix''."

Um, yes they do. I mean, at first there has to be bloodshed, because if you don't kill something that isn't your kind, you're not a good human. After nearly 2/3rds of that race is lying dead, sprawled out on the ground, only then can you actually sign a treaty and interbreed. Great how things work out huh?

"The 'race' with the most numbers will simply outbreed those with lesser numbers until the smaller populations disappear altogether....for example the indigenous Ainu and American Indian which you could probably count their numbers on your fingers."

Yep, because there are so many Aztecs alive ^_~

"Most of the people on this forum sound like like teenagers raised on a steady diet of MTV and CNN."

Replace CNN with Fox News ^_~

"Your liberal biases are disheartening to say the least. But the fact that you all *think* you're peace loving ツ"world citizensツ" with an open mind then turn around and attack someone who has a different opinion and world veiw viscously is utterly disgusting."

Now you know how I feel.

"What good will banning me do? I rarely visit this place for one and it only makes you a coward for silencing someone with a different viewpoint than you. And considering the hostility I've received here I'll be a read only member anyway."

Aren't we all READ-only members? I don't recall seeing any VOCAL-only members. Anyways, cheers mate. If I knew where you lived I wouldn't hesitate in inviting you to a Samuel Adam's or Sapporo Ichiban, whichever your prefer.

Look, I appreciate all races for all of their many differences, and if we were all the same it'd suck, but seriously......sorry, I really don't know what this whole discussion's about. If you want to mix any country in with other countrie's residents, keep them at a stint, because most countries have already been influenced by other countries, which is fine, cept, NOT when I turn on the Fujisankei News and hear about Brittany Spears! You can have all kinds of races in all countries, and they can and should enjoy their lives without persecution, BUT, having Caucasians and/or Africans and/or Hispanics...you get the point, as a majority or close-to in other countries excluding their home, then that countrie's in dire need of some racial eradication, if you will. Just look at Korea. Sure, it's a fine place IMO, but ever since the Americans(and don't dare calling me racist, this is historical) invaded Korea, it's become a very western country. I don't think I need any examples, but the ever impending "You're so ignorant! Korea developed those ideas on their own! They make resemble American ideas, but it's just coincedence. God you're so racist and stupid and ignorant" is coming soon, so I'll probly have to get some evidence.

Viper and I are not the same person. I haven't been to this place in about a week. Either way, he holds some genius ideas(well, they're actually simple ideas, but the way America's brainwashed right now...), and you should admire him, or at the very least acknowledge his thoughts. How are they dillusional, King of Tokyo?

ViperII said:
Bossel

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for responding to my post with civility, respect, and objectivity when everyone else was hostile and insulting and resistant to a different opinion. Obviously we disagree on this subject and given that this place is not (at least from what I see) open to many different points of view, especially ones that are radically different, I see no point in debating this any further. No one can predict the future and who really knows what will happen 50, 100, 1000 years from now? Maybe a comet will hit our planet and kill us all. I hope not.

I don't think I'll be coming back here again because I just don't feel very comfortable with such a hostile atmosphere. Thank you and God bless.

PS. To everyone else: Whoever this Ape person is, tis not I.

Do you have an AIM or E-Mail address I can reach you at? Although it is rather disheartening when your every thought is looked at with such fierce eyes, you shouldn't let them get to you. If you must, voice your opinion, then leave, because if all they're going to do is yell at you, they're not worthy of talking to ^_~

While I no longer bother reading your posts, I found this little gem and thought it was hilarious.

cyber ape said:
While that's of little significance, you fools and just like the fools who voted for Bush.

Ever read my sig, buddy? I'm strongly Anti-Bush. You give liberals a bad name. Liberals are primarily considered Anti-Racist and tolerant of others, so I can't accept you into the club. Sorry, pal.

Anyway, I can't spend too much time in this thread, I feel stupider already.

I apologize my bad English beforehand, but I just wanted to tell people here that I could relate with some of ViperII's comments like below(but please deduct any hostility if there's anything like that. I really can't pick up the small nuances in English. :sorry: )...

-----------
What you and people who share your beliefs are forcing onto other people is nothing
short of ethnocentrism. It's destructive and destabilizing to societies that just may be happy the way they are. The US and Western Europe are NOT the moral arbiters of the world and do NOT have the right to dictate to other peoples what is right and what is wrong and what should be changed.
-----------
Your liberal biases are disheartening to say the least. But the fact that you all *think* you're peace loving ツ"world citizensツ" with an open mind then turn around and attack someone who has a different opinion and world veiw viscously is utterly disgusting.
-----------

Please do not get me wrong. I have nothing against people here nor people of any race group, Most of people here seem very friendly and have a lot of interests in our country. I appreciate it very much. Thank you. I can see my country from different point of view through you guys opinions. I also love to communicate people who have different background and know their cultures. To me it's so exciting. Everytime I visit multiethnic countries, I envy them because of the diversity they have. They can experience different cultures in their daily life without going abroad.

Compare to that, living in Japan as a Japanese is less exciting. I think I'd rather choose to live in outside of Japan somewhere more mixed-race country. But when I think about Japan becoming a one of those, I feel the same like what ViperII said. I wouldn't be much interested in other countries if those were the same as mine. I mean I feel Japan will lose our uniqueness in a way by becoming a multiethnic country. and then I thought "Why would we have to be in the first place?" and "What's wrong with being a homogenous country?(to myself)" like that.

Personally(and I'm sure most of Japanese think so too), I would welcome every person of any race who can respect our value, our way of life and sympathize with us. But I hate to see our society would lose the togetherness that we have now by the people just bring their own western cultural value and try to change Japan the way westerners would like it. Because western influence is already evrywhere in this world and I think it's too much. In addition, the togetherness that homegenous society like us has is rare and unique and that's what makes Japan special(in other way boring! :p ).

Honestly, I feel a little frustrated and offended when I see some people in those Japan related forums say that Japan is like this and like that(Most of time I feel like "I'm sorry but you don't really understand us...") or should do this and shouldn't do that. I often feel westerners(not all of them of course) tend to see the world only through their viewpoint without trying to understand ours or others. Seem like don't even notice it and somehow, they thinks their value is superior to others. I don't know why... :sorry:

I 'm not sure if people who read this would understand what I wanted to say, So I would like to tell people again that I love people of all races who are open-minded to other cultures and don't judge them on your value. I would appreciate if people would accept us just as we are.

PS. I haven't read all the comments so my post might miss the point.

Thank you. 🙂

King of Tokyo said:
While I no longer bother reading your posts, I found this little gem and thought it was hilarious.

Ever read my sig, buddy? I'm strongly Anti-Bush. You give liberals a bad name. Liberals are primarily considered Anti-Racist and tolerant of others, so I can't accept you into the club. Sorry, pal.

Anyway, I can't spend too much time in this thread, I feel stupider already.

Um, I don't care if I give liberals a bad name or not, because I'm not one of them. I'm anti-racist and tolerant of others, but I'm not liberal, so I'll be proud to tarnish their name as I don't stand for it ^_~. I don't care if you accept me or not; I didn't ask for that title.

Anyways, corocoro got it right too. Omedettou ^_~

People in Japan will stare at black people yeah, but also at Indian people, tall people, fat people, pretty much anyone that they wouldn't normally see walking around.

It's kind the same reaction you would have if you saw a little white girl like 9 years old walking around I dunno... in a 99.9% black area in the states or something.

Here's something for ya though. The stares are literally. I kid you not. Literally, 10 times as "bad" (not bad though, just different!) in India than they are in Japan.

Also, even in Beijing... I got stared at more than I normally do in Japan.

It is something you get used to after a while really.

It's nothing about "not liking" people. It's pretty much just shock and curiosity.

cyber ape said:
Anyways, corocoro got it right too. Omedettou ^_~

Hi Cyber ape. 🙂
Thank you for responding to my post. But I don't know whether I sould say "Thank you" to your "Omedetou" comment. No one except you would have been replied to my post. Now I'm worried that I sounded like an ignorant and a typical xenophobia or racist Japanese that they would imagine and distracted the atmosphere of this nice forum which I have no intention to. I wish I could use proper English that I can tell my opinion in a good and friendly manner especially when we have different opinion like this. These forums are for communication, not for offending people. I hope you would agree with me. :)

Harvey said:
People in Japan will stare at black people yeah, but also at Indian people, tall people, fat people, pretty much anyone that they wouldn't normally see walking around.

It's kind the same reaction you would have if you saw a little white girl like 9 years old walking around I dunno... in a 99.9% black area in the states or something.

Here's something for ya though. The stares are literally. I kid you not. Literally, 10 times as "bad" (not bad though, just different!) in India than they are in Japan.

Also, even in Beijing... I got stared at more than I normally do in Japan.

It is something you get used to after a while really.

It's nothing about "not liking" people. It's pretty much just shock and curiosity.

And I agree with Harvey. 👍

"Thank you for responding to my post. But I don't know whether I sould say "Thank you" to your "Omedetou" comment. No one except you would have been replied to my post."

Well, this is a rather old topic.

"Now I'm worried that I sounded like an ignorant and a typical xenophobia"

Um, give you a hint; you don't have bad English if you know what xenophobia is ^_~

"or racist Japanese that they would imagine and distracted the atmosphere of this nice forum which I have no intention to."

Nah, you don't sound racist. You're speaking your point of view. Nothing more, nothing less.

"I wish I could use proper English that I can tell my opinion in a good and friendly manner especially when we have different opinion like this."

You speak English rather well. Besides, I'm the only grammar nazi here. Not many care for correct punctuation, word choice, sentence structure, etc. Just how old are you anyway?

"These forums are for communication, not for offending people. I hope you would agree with me."

Yep, and, FYI, intentionally offending people = flaming, a banworthy offense.

ヒ?毒陳ゥ窶堙娯?堋?窶堙遺?堋ス窶堙姑竹ニ辰ニ停?愴暖窶堙ー窶堋?窶堙ィ窶堋ェ窶堙??堋、ツ、 窶堋ア窶堙姑稚ニ辿ツーニ停?ーニ停ぎ窶堋ェ窶堙??堋?窶堙ゥ窶堙?窶堙娯?堙娯?堋ス窶堙溪?堋サ窶堙ェ窶堋ェ窶堙??堋?窶堙ゥ窶堙娯?堙?。

Shin Asura said:
I was walking with my Japanese friend at school today and there were so many Japanese students giving me bad looks. [...] Is it because Japan has been so closed to foreigners for the longest time, I think there was an Emperor that made it illegal for foreigners to visit Japan awhile ago, I guess this is still in the Japanese minds, even today. That's pretty sad if you ask me.
I have some comments, if I might. First, don't assume that the looks you received were "bad looks." There's no telling what those looks might have been about. Clearly, I wasn't there and can't really comment on this further, but as you grow older, you'll learn that such things aren't always exactly what they seem to be. Maybe the girls were jealous of your friend (for hanging out with the attractive and exotic black guy) and the guys were jealous of you (for hanging out with the attractive Japanese girl). My point is just that you never know.

Second, don't concoct your own theories about the reason for their stares. You said, "I guess this is still in the Japanese minds." You don't know that, and you don't know that that is anywhere near what those people where thinking or feeling. How about, "I guess this might still be in the minds of the Japanese today. If that's the case, that would be pretty sad"?

Shin Asura said:
Awhile ago, I took two Japanese girls out and we ran into a group of Japanese tourists, all they did was stare at us, one of the girls I took out has an I don't want to be here look. I took them home and never called them again.

I don't want to be a target for staring everytime I go out with my Japanese friends or maybe one day I find a Japanese girlfriend, but I'm thinking that will never happen.
(You "took two Japanese girls out"?! Dude ...)

Did you think that, perhaps, that girl simply didn't like being stared at like that? Maybe you misconstrued her reaction. Me, I dislike being stared at too. Sure, maybe she could have handled it better -- as, perhaps, could you as well -- but one thing you've got to learn about relationships is that you shouldn't assume things like that, especially with people you don't know well. You could have asked her if the tourists were making her uncomfortable.

Or maybe everything happened just as you believe. Whatever the case, try not to let a couple of bad experiences ruin the whole pie, man. ^_^ I hope to visit and perhaps live in Japan one day (though earthquakes are a frightening concept!). I hope to be accepted, but I might end up having to win them over, and win them over I shall.

This is a very interesting post. I would like to visit Japan one day, but I don't want to be an outkast. However so far when I lived in Hong Kong people assume I was chinese, in Taiwan they assume I was Taiwanese, and in US I get mistaken as a Hispanic. I dunno about Japan though.

I see no problem with interracial/cultural/nationality breeding. I'm English,Irish, German,Dutch and maybe more others that I don't know of. I should be moving to Tokyo this June so i'll get to experience the culture shock everyone talks about. It should be fun. They might say "look scary american", just kidding. I don't think the staring will bother me. I usually space out when in public. I'm a little anthropophobic (had to look that one up) means 'abnormal and persistent fear of people and society' if anyone was wondering.

Back
Top Bottom