so my fav artists are
eminem
beyonce
ashanti
usher
twista

can some one be nice and talk to me?

1) STING (he's sooo talented)
2) U2 (one of the best bands in the world)
3) Madonna (she's cool)
4) Phil Collins (great artist)
5) Eminem (dare to be bad!!)
6) Coldplay (great British band)
7) Kevin Spacey (great actor...and he's soooo handsome) 😍
8) Tom Hanks (great actor, great films)
9) Ken watanabe (aah....just handsome)

I like lots of different kinds of music,but my favourites are

rock:
Bon Jovi
B'z

electric guitar masters:
Tak Matsumoto
Joe Satriani,Steve Vai
Yngwie Malmsteen,Kelly Simonz,Ritchie Kotzen
Neil Zaza
flamenco : Paco de Lucia

Neo Soul
D'Angelo
Musiq

Hip Hop:
The Roots

there are many more

Dream Time said:
I like lots of different kinds of music,but my favourites are

rock:
Bon Jovi
B'z

electric guitar masters:
Tak Matsumoto
Joe Satriani,Steve Vai
Yngwie Malmsteen,Kelly Simonz,Ritchie Kotzen
Neil Zaza
flamenco : Paco de Lucia

Neo Soul
D'Angelo
Musiq

Hip Hop:
The Roots

there are many more
i listen to rock to but the only ones i like are
linkin park
avril lavigne
bon jovi (its my life) i think thats the name of the song

akime said:
i listen to rock to but the only ones i like are
linkin park
avril lavigne
bon jovi (its my life) i think thats the name of the song

um...Linkin Park and Avril Lavigne are not rock...LP is nu metal,Avril is pop..and I dislike both of them, especially LP,I just switch channel everytime I see LP on TV...I download basketball mix video clips made by some fans and for some reason they love to use LP songs as background music, that annoys me alot...:sick:

Dream Time said:
um...Linkin Park and Avril Lavigne are not rock...LP is nu metal,Avril is pop..and I dislike both of them, especially LP,I just switch channel everytime I see LP on TV...I download basketball mix video clips made by some fans and for some reason they love to use LP songs as background music, that annoys me alot...:sick:
well in the united states they consider avril lavigne's music as rock

Jurassic 5, Devo, MF Doom, Gang Starr, TTC, Antonio Carlos Jobim, De La Soul, System of a Down, Beastie Boys, Blackalicious, Jeff Buckley, Prince, Breakestra, Isaac Hayes, Deftones, Dilated Peoples, The Roots, Rob Dougan, Sparks, Queens of the Stone Age, The Living End, Dan the Automator, El-P, Public Enemy, Madlib, Pharcyde, Beck, Rage Against the Machine, Edan, Eels, People Under the Stairs, Tribe Called Quest, Faith no More, Polysics, Amen, DJ Shadow, Nina Simone, KMD, Smashing Pumpkins, Ugly Duckling, Buck 65, Stevie Wonder, 3rd Bass, Incubus, Jimi Hendrix, KRS ONE, Bjork, Temptations, Mad Capsule Markets...

Sorry, got carried away. :D

akime said:
i like to listen to r&b, hip hop, and rap
so my fav artists are
eminem
beyonce
ashanti
usher
twista

can some one be nice and talk to me?

if you like R&B,you might like Ken Hirai and Crystal Kay from Japan,
Ken Hirai isn't fully R&B but he sings very good and writes his own songs and lyrics
Crystal Kay,she is a black female singer that is fluent in both English and Japanese,born to a African American father and Korean mother and was born in Japan

if you like R&B and Hip Hop
you might as well try Neo Soul music, my personaly favourites are D'Angelo,Musiq,Raphael Saadiq,Amel Larrieux
Neo Soul music has the elements of R&B [singing style] and Hip Hop [the beats],Jazz,and of course Soul and some Funk
these are very talented artists and many of them tend to use live instrumentation rather than sampling and plays instruments themselves

jovial_jon said:
I definitely recommend D'Angelo! Check out Voodoo in particular, that's a great album.

D'Angelo is the Neo Soul maestro!!
I am trying to find his live albums in local stores...

jovial_jon said:
Jimi Hendrix

I don't really listen to Jimi Hendrix but I love his song 'Little Wings'
also like the versions done by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Tak Matsumoto
and I have a black/white Jimi Hendrix t-shirt

I don't think I've heard Little Wings, I'll have to check that out.

I saw a live D'Angelo album in HMV but it was about ツ」25 (!) so I didn't get it. I think it was imported or something.

:D Jon's post has inspired me, so here I go(in no particular order):

The Doors, Tori Amos, Morrissey/The Smiths, Weekend Players, Sade, DJ Krush, Rachael Yamagata, Portishead, Ludacris, Kosheen, Dilated Peoples, The Roots, Bjork, Beastie Boys, Depeche Mode, Mazzy Star, Enya, NIN, Coldplay, Garbage, Linkin Park, Sarah McLachlan, Ian Van Dahl, DJ Shadow, Lords of Acid, Jimi Hendrix, Fleetwood Mac, Bad Company, Def Leppard, The Shirelles, Ella Fitzgerald, Etta James, PM Dawn, Barry White, Percy Sledge, Al Green, Roberta Flack, Mos Def, Zero 7, Sundays, Massive Attack, Engima, Alison Krauss, Patsy Cline, Ice Cube, Ice T, J Boogie....ummmm....and many, many more... :?

jovial_jon said:
I don't think I've heard Little Wings, I'll have to check that out.

I saw a live D'Angelo album in HMV but it was about ツ」25 (!) so I didn't get it. I think it was imported or something.

oops, it is 'Little Wing' actually, my typo

HMV is a rip-off store, I don't really buy CDs there, I once saw a D'Angelo disc in HMV for $25 not including tax, and then in the other store I saw it for like $17 or something..and unfortunately..I only noticed it after I bought it at HMV

I hate it when that happens! It all always happens to me, seeing something cheaper elsewhere.

I don't think HMV is too bad...generally it's more expensive than other places but it has really good sales. There's a great shop in the UK called Music Zone which has CDs and DVDs for ツ」5-10...I love it there!

jovial_jon said:
I hate it when that happens! It all always happens to me, seeing something cheaper elsewhere.

I don't think HMV is too bad...generally it's more expensive than other places but it has really good sales. There's a great shop in the UK called Music Zone which has CDs and DVDs for ツ」5-10...I love it there!

sometimes I go treasure hunting in second hand CD stores :D

Ah, I could spend eternity doing that...Last week I got the James Bond collection with all the theme songs for ツ」2. 👍

Hmmm

Rem
Snow Patrol
Linkin Park
Nirvana
The Rolling Stones (some of their songs, e.g. Paint it Black)
and loads more, I probaly forgot loads of em

Guns 'n Roses

Dream Time said:
if you like R&B,you might like Ken Hirai and Crystal Kay from Japan,
Ken Hirai isn't fully R&B but he sings very good and writes his own songs and lyrics
Crystal Kay,she is a black female singer that is fluent in both English and Japanese,born to a African American father and Korean mother and was born in Japan

if you like R&B and Hip Hop
you might as well try Neo Soul music, my personaly favourites are D'Angelo,Musiq,Raphael Saadiq,Amel Larrieux
Neo Soul music has the elements of R&B [singing style] and Hip Hop [the beats],Jazz,and of course Soul and some Funk
these are very talented artists and many of them tend to use live instrumentation rather than sampling and plays instruments themselves
i like japanese songs too but i dont know alot of websits the only web site i know is songjapan.com but it keeps buffering thats why

kirei_na_me said:
:D Jon's post has inspired me, so here I go(in no particular order):

The Doors, Tori Amos, Morrissey/The Smiths, Weekend Players, Sade, DJ Krush, Rachael Yamagata, Portishead, Ludacris, Kosheen, Dilated Peoples, The Roots, Bjork, Beastie Boys, Depeche Mode, Mazzy Star, Enya, NIN, Coldplay, Garbage, Linkin Park, Sarah McLachlan, Ian Van Dahl, DJ Shadow, Lords of Acid, Jimi Hendrix, Fleetwood Mac, Bad Company, Def Leppard, The Shirelles, Ella Fitzgerald, Etta James, PM Dawn, Barry White, Percy Sledge, Al Green, Roberta Flack, Mos Def, Zero 7, Sundays, Massive Attack, Engima, Alison Krauss, Patsy Cline, Ice Cube, Ice T, J Boogie....ummmm....and many, many more... :?

have you heard ludacris's new song?
splash water falls

King of Tokyo's All Time Favorite Artist:
Tupac Shakur

King of Tokyo's Honorable Mentions:
Nasir Jones
Jadakiss
Talib Kweli
Notorius B.I.G.
Cam'ron
Kanye West
Mase
Jay-Z
Dragon Ash

King of Tokyo said:
King of Tokyo's All Time Favorite Artist:
Tupac Shakur

King of Tokyo's Honorable Mentions:
Nasir Jones
Jadakiss
Talib Kweli
Notorius B.I.G.
Cam'ron
Kanye West
Mase
Jay-Z
Dragon Ash

Now thats a great list! I'm surprised you put down Nas's real name. Not alot of people know it.
But fav. are
-PAC
-NAs
-The roots
-Talib kweli
-Mos Def
-Outkast
-Ceelo
-Goodie Mob
-Jadakiss
-Methodman
-joe budden
-dmx-back in the day
-D'Angelo
-Musiq
-Lauryn hill 😌 😊 😌 I LOVE LAURYN
-Bob marley
-beanie man
-Buju banton
-sizzla
-lenny williams
-prince
-barry white
-Gerald lavert
-keith sweat
-r.kelly--back in the day and some now music
-rose royce[spl??]
-Billy holiday
-just to name a few 😊

akime said:
have you heard ludacris's new song?
splash water falls

Well, it's not very new. I've been listening to it for over a year now? Anyway, yeah, I love it! Has to be the 'dirty' version, though! 👍 :p

Esca, great list. Keith Sweat!

of course keith sweat! I can't figure out who would be better "getting down and dirty" sweat or kelly :? But my GOD! I forgot sade, al green, teddy pedergrass, temtations, aretha franklin, flowetry lorrrrddd.....there's sooooo many. 😊

Dream Time said:
D'Angelo is the Neo Soul maestro!!
I am trying to find his live albums in local stores...

I don't really listen to Jimi Hendrix but I love his song 'Little Wings'
also like the versions done by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Tak Matsumoto
and I have a black/white Jimi Hendrix t-shirt

Those are good versions, but have you ever heard the Def Leppard version when they did a club appearance with the Hothouse Flowers? Wicked good.

Oh, I like Def Leppard. Various Japanese artists. Shoot, I listen to everything almost.

Ant

Back
Top Bottom