What's new

Who will sit in the Oval Office?

Mansoor

Sempai
4 Mar 2016
I bet, Hilary will seat on the White Palace chair and Trump's role is to drive enough people to vote for her sufficiently. Do you believe in my opinion?

Last edited:
It is the White House, there is no white palace. America is not a kingdom.

You could say "who will sit in the oval office?" I don't know what to think anymore of politics, so I try not to waste my time, but assuming the election continues at this rate it seems very unlikely that Trump could win. We'll know for sure when the actual polls come out, but I'm guessing he'll lose to Hilary, and he'd lose by quite a lot to any other qualified candidate.

I bet, Hilary will seat on the White Palace chair and Trump's role is to drive enough people to vote for her sufficiently. Do you believe in my opinion?
Yes, that is probably the intent of the puppet masters who secretly control the US government. I just hope they are not planning another false flag attack on American soil to follow up on 9/11. I long for the old days when all they did was fake moon landings.

Thank you for your fruitful hinting, nice gaijin :)
I actually am embarrassed that had such mistake and used "seat" instead of "sit".
I have to say, my English is not perfect, and sometimes have a few errors in my writing. Sadly the specified time for editing my post expired and I can't change the word. So I ask one of the moderators to do that.

You pointed to another mistake and told me that I use " white house" instead of " white palace". In our country " white house" is called " Kakh-e- sefid" which "kakh" does mean " palace" and "sefid" "white"; so the translation of "Kakh-e-sefid" is " white palace".
Nonetheless, I usually used White House in my English writings but in this case the Farsi phrase came in my mind.

Basically, "whit house" can be an unspecified and uncertain phrase, because it does mean " every house that is white", but when "White Palace" is used, it is obvious that we are talking about a palace that only exists in America. Plus, White House is very bigger and more luxuriant than to mean a house and it is just similar to a royal palace. However, I will use White House hereafter.

I also thank you that you learned me the new phrase "oval office". I basically am interested to develop my English and every new word or phrase increase my knowledge.
Anyhow, I will ask one of the moderators to modify what you critiqued.

Thank you

Last edited:
Apparently at some point it was known as the "President's Palace" or "Executive Mansion," but much like how the term "president" was chosen to avoid replacing one king for another, it's almost always been known as a "house." The name "White House" was made official in 1901, and the Oval Office was added and made the official office of the president 8 years later. Interesting that the term used in other languages translates differently, but there is no other name in English. Also, you can differentiate from a white house from the White House (note the capitalization). Also, unless someone is talking about a specific white house, like "the white house down the street," when someone says "the White House," they're talking about the office of the President.

Sources:
White House - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Inside the White House | The White House

If it is rigged as Trump says, well, it's the Hill to the White House. Trump's town halls are too small for his crowd, but that is not going to do any good against the Hill since it probably is rigged. We already know that with Bernie. Anyway, who ever gets in there will most likely be the most less seen of, of modern day presidents.

Thank you nice gaijin for your explanation, but nonetheless White House evokes a palace in my mind!
However, I will call it as a white house hereafter LOL

If it is rigged as Trump says, well, it's the Hill to the White House. Trump's town halls are too small for his crowd, but that is not going to do any good against the Hill since it probably is rigged. We already know that with Bernie. Anyway, who ever gets in there will most likely be the most less seen of, of modern day presidents.
If Trump gets in, that will be evidence to me that it was rigged. Or the Russians had access to the electronic voting systems.
I also thank you that you learned me the new phrase "oval office".
Mansoor, it's incorrect to say "learned me." It should be "taught me" or "told me." This is a common mistake even in America.

Back
Top Bottom