What's new

White + Japanese = [?]

Chaotic

+3|-| Z0/\/\6ß!3$.
11 Jul 2007
One of my friends mentioned something to me the other day that brought up the question about children.

If a white man has a child with a Japanese woman, I'm assuming the child would look more Japanese than white, if anything? How exactly does that work? Would the child carry any appearance over from the white man? Thank you.

Well that depends, some feats would be white and some would be japanese of course, there are plenty of ways to inherit feats, intermedier (in between) is pretty much out of question for humans, in that case it would probably be dominant & recessive, it looks like this basically:
There is a built in priority list, so if your gene pair stores different information, the child will inherit the dominant one, so if the father has blond hair, and the mother black, the child will probably have black hair as well, since the gene of black hair is dominant in this case, although the child will have both information in his/her chromosomes, so in that case the child will be a heterozigot when it comes to hair, meaning in the third (the child's children) generation there might blond children, if the child of the second generation will have children from a heterozigot of the same sort. Blood type is inherited similarly.

PM me for a blood inheritance link if you wish.

About blood, say if one parent has 0 the other A, the child will have A blood type, but he/she will be a heterozigot, so his genotype will be A,0 and if he/she breeds with the same type 75% of the children will have A blood, 25% 0, 25% will be A,A homozigots another 25% 0,0 heterozigots and 50% A,0 heterozigots again.

Well thats it for now, if you want more information i can try to provide you with more.

Hello chaotic,

I have a friend who is the son of a Japanese policeman ( during WWII in Malang, Indonesia) and a Dutch woman. His mother was a young woman, around 25 years old and was an internee of the Japanese.
They fell in love, and so my friend was born in Muntilan in 1944, that was a concentration camp in Central Java, Indonesia.

In answer to your question:
My friend is a charming and still goodlooking gentleman, 63 years old.
He does not look typical Dutch of course, but then he also doesn't look typical Japanese either.

I have also met some children from Chinese and Dutch, they were/are nice looking too.

East and West can really meet you know because Love conquers the world!

Thank you both for your very informative posts. My mother always told me it was the "darker color" that inherits most. I'm white myself, but have had a history of bits of black irish (and bits of a bunch of other countries such as France), so if I ever made it with a Japanese woman, I'm not sure what the child would look like.

As far as I know, I'm 0% asian. :D

Well go ahead and try, just let us know about the outcome :D i would like to see the numbers and %'s in actual life myself. As for the darker colour inherits thingy... well thats what i was told in school, but im one of the living examples that the opposite can happen, my father is armenian, and yes, im hairy just like him, but on the other hand im rather pale, so hell knows, genetics are quite amazing. I'd love to hear the opinion of those who have hybrid children, you know nature doesn't always act according to biology :D

I have never been one to get worked up over words like "half", "double", or "mixed"....but I balk at "hybrid".

Whats the problem with the word hybrid? I for one wouldn't get pissed if someone referred to me as a "hybrid".

In English we normally don't use the term "hybrid" to refer to humans.

Oh excuse me in that case, i didn't know that, well in hungarian and armenian its used in that way... well i won't use it again than, is it okay to say half-breed? Or perhaps half-blood.

"Half-breed" is generally considered a pejorative term at best and a racist term at worst.

Mixed-blood is the one term I know is acceptable and has the least negative connotations.

As for the question there isn't a definite answer. I know a few couples who have children who look more Japanese, and others who look more like the foreign parent.

My oldest son looks the most oriental of our three boys, and yet has said that some detect that he's not 'pure' Japanese due to skin pigmentation. Our two other boys take after my effects very much, and do not really pass as being 'pure' Japanese, nor oriental.

Of most children I have met, both here in Japan and in America, who parents were of Japanese and non-Japanese/Asian lineage, the majority carried more of a non-Japanese look than not. Hair color is not always the dark (or black) but will almost never be blondish...to the best of my memory.

Doesn't most half Japanese have this particular mid-dark brown colour hair?
It's a colour that I've only seen in half-asian people....

I do believe the outcome of the child would depend on the dominant gene in the creation of the child.

http://www.blinn.edu/socialscience/LDThomas/Feldman/Handouts/0203hand.htm

Then there are Polygenic genes.....Polygenic genes can determine the outcome of how the child will look too, no matter if the genes received are dominant or recessive.

For example. My father has brown eyes, my mother; blue. I turned out to have blue eyes myself. How can this be?

My father's mom has blue, father; brown.
My mother's mom had had blue, father; blue.

It's apparent the gene for blue eyes are recessive, but since there are more recessive traits in me than brown eyes, then the gene for Blue eyes takes over the dominate gene for brown eyes.

Now given your question. I have a feeling a child born from an American and Japanese couple, would have, brown eyes, and dark colored hair.

I do believe the outcome of the child would depend on the dominant gene in the creation of the child.
Then there are Polygenic genes.....Polygenic genes can determine the outcome of how the child will look too, no matter if the genes received are dominant or recessive.
For example. My father has brown eyes, my mother; blue. I turned out to have blue eyes myself. How can this be?
It's apparent the gene for blue eyes are recessive, but since there are more recessive traits in me than brown eyes, then the gene for Blue eyes takes over the dominate gene for brown eyes.
Now given your question. I have a feeling a child born from an American and Japanese couple, would have, brown eyes, and dark colored hair.

Makes sense to me. I have natural blonde hair, but the place I'm living at the moment for some reason causes my hair to get darker towards a sort of "dirty blonde" color - I have dark green eyes as well.

So I don't really see an asian having [natural] blonde hair :p

If you have green eyes you have the brown gene, both black and green eyes are a type of brown.

Actually recent research indicates that the old theories regarding genes and eye colors needs to be revised. Actually the issue is far more complex than what the old theories said. Check this link: No Single Gene For Eye Color, Researchers Prove

Last edited:
One of my friends mentioned something to me the other day that brought up the question about children.
If a white man has a child with a Japanese woman, I'm assuming the child would look more Japanese than white, if anything?
Why would you assume that?

How exactly does that work?
Nobody knows how exactly it works. Genetics is not an exact science.

Would the child carry any appearance over from the white man?
Yes, of course, but it will vary considerably. My own kid looks like me in the lower half of his facial features, but looks like his Japanese mom in the upper half.

Look at this YouTube link. The guy talks about his own top 10 list of mixed blood Asians (not all are Japanese) and shows their pictures. You decide on the ones that are 1/2 something.

Here's another link with some names.
http://www.halvsie.com/forums/index.php?act=Print&client=printer&f=35&t=1434

And, here's an actual discussion forum halvsie.com devoted to the issue! This link shows some names and pictures.
http://www.halvsie.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1434&st=580&p=143619&#entry143619

Basically, this biologist says that it is just up to you to decide which shows up more in the facial features, but I don't think you are going to make any clear distinctions. I mean, it's all a qualitative judgment anyway.

Why would you assume that?
Nobody knows how exactly it works. Genetics is not an exact science.

Myself is evidence of that. I took very minor details from my mom and she has most of the dominate genes. My dad has many features that you wouldn't think would pass on, but they did :)

Im not an expert or anything, but we set up a system, a priority list named the dominant and recessive one, now it's proven wrong, but the fact that it was possible to make such a listing must mean that there has to be priority in the polygene thingy as well, im not questioning its existence, im just saying that there might be a priority list in this polygene theory as well, i mean if some characteristics tend to surface there has to be a rule. It might be the work of several genes, but still it happens according to something, otherwise people would have completely random characteristics. There are several hundred more "if'"'s and "but"'s in the system, but it simply can't be random. Im not a biologist, or a gene surgeon, or a chemist or anything, but in my dilettant eyes this all looks like the "Thinking Man's Dominant and Recessive".

Han Chan...that is what polygenes are. It's not just one gene controling what the child will have. It is several. Poly, meaning more than 1 or many.
Come on! I do know what poly means! I merely wanted to share with you and others the latest findings. My link is about new findings from earlier this year.

Makes sense to me. I have natural blonde hair, but the place I'm living at the moment for some reason causes my hair to get darker towards a sort of "dirty blonde" color - I have dark green eyes as well.
So I don't really see an asian having [natural] blonde hair :p

Chaotic,

Ancient Kyrgyz people and Kypcaks were known to be natural blondes.They were blond and asian.

One example to this is a Mameluk mercenary Baibars(1223-1277).He was captured by Mongolians and was sold as a slave to Emir of Hama.

His master was suspicious about his appearance.He was giantically tall with golden light blond hair.He also had an odd spot in one of his dark blue eyes.

He was then sold to someone else.He became a mercenary.After being a general he killed de facto Mameluk ruler Qutuz and became the new chief of the Mameluks in Egypt.

Back
Top Bottom