What's new

What's the correct translation

Alex90

後輩
24 Mar 2020
Hi everyone! I need your help: what's the correct translation of this phrase: PEACE COMES FROM WITHIN? I just got a tattoo of the girl in the picture and I wanted to add this quote in japanese because I think it fits perfectly. Any variation is good (the less number of kanji, the better).
download.jpg

Hi everyone! I need your help: what's the correct translation of this phrase: PEACE COMES FROM WITHIN? I just got a tattoo of the girl in the picture and I wanted to add this quote in japanese because I think it fits perfectly. Any variation is good (the less number of kanji, the better).
View attachment 31257
How about 自己安心 which is two words combined 自己 (self) & 安心 (peace)
or 自己安らぎ which is also two words 自己 (self) 安らぎ (peace)

How about 自己安心 which is two words combined 自己 (self) & 安心 (peace)
or 自己安らぎ which is also two words 自己 (self) 安らぎ (peace)
Thank you! The idea of using only 4-5 kanji is really what I had in mind. But the meaning will stay the same or changes in something like "inner peace" "peace of self"?

Thank you! The idea of using only 4-5 kanji is really what I had in mind. But the meaning will stay the same or changes in something like "inner peace" "peace of self"?
I think it might be difficult to keep the exact meaning while keeping it short. Let's see what others come up with.

I think it might be difficult to keep the exact meaning while keeping it short. Let's see what others come up with.
I was curious about the possibility of keeping the meaning while shortening the sentence, but I don't mind the exact translation (despite the length) :)

I was curious about the possibility of keeping the meaning while shortening the sentence, but I don't mind the exact translation (despite the length) :)
This might work 心から平穏 or 内面から平安. But let's see what the experts say. I'm not a real translator, I only play one on tv.

My attempt:
平穏は内より出づる
(a classical version)

By the way, judging from her costume and the poem written on the lower left corner of the picture, she must be Chinese. If you prefer short kanji/hanzi version, it might be better to use a Chinese translation.

My attempt:
平穏は内より出づる
(a classical version)

By the way, judging from her costume and the poem written on the lower left corner of the picture, she must be Chinese. If you prefer short kanji/hanzi version, it might be better to use a Chinese translation.
Thanks! That's really helpful. By the way, I had that doubt about the girl, thanks for making it clear for me. Now I'm conflicted about which translation would be better.. :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom