What's new

what types of foods do you like to eat in Bento Boxes?

kala83

後輩
11 Jul 2007
I am looking at buying some Bento Boxes off of JBox.com fairly soon...(either getting them online or seeing if I can track them down at a con that I may or may not be going to this year ( may have to cut down on the anime cons I attend this year..just so I can save up to get graduated out of school possibly earlier then I expected) But yeah anyway I already found a few boxes I like and I know a lot of people just put left overs in there but I was just kind curious if anyone had any particular foods they liked packing in there Bento Boxes at all?

By the way sorry if this topic is being repeated I notice some old threads on Bento and was not sure if it was ok if I started this topic or not if you guys don't want it her please do me a favor and just delete and off and I will apologize ahead of time was not entirely sure.
But if I am not doing anything wrong I would really like to hear your alls opinions if at all possible, I am really looking forward to getting to play with my little Bento meals some time very soon!!:)

As far as left-overs, you'll be suprised how good stuff tastes, even when it is cold! A lot of things you usually eat hot, stir fries, meats, etc, still taste pretty good in a bento. One of the best bento I have ever had was on a shinkansen platform, and it was some kind of thinly sliced stir-fried pork.

I think the more ingredients you have in a bento, the better they are. When My host mother in Japan would make bento, they would always have leftovers, rice, tsukemono, vegetables, etc. Personally I think beef tastes good cold, if you had made sesame beef or something the night before.

Back
Top Bottom