What's new

What is the name of this in Japanese?

Atsukan

後輩
20 Apr 2003
What do you call it in Japanese when someone is pressing one eye down and sticking out their tongue. Japanese do that sometimes. I think it means something like **** you, but meant in the cutest possible way. In the US, it would be like someone sticking out their tongue.

The reason I want the name of this is so that I can find a picture of someone doing that on the internet. If not someone, a cartoon character doing that or something of the like.

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

P.S. Oh my avatar looks like what I'm talking about, but this avatar is much sweeter looking than what I'm talking about lol.

The "Bleh!" Face

When Japanese kids want to taunt or insult each other, the standard gesture is to pull one eyelid down, stick out the tongue and make a "blah" sort of sound.

It really doesn't have a word meaning and is by no means as bad as F you its just a kiddie thing, there was another site that explained this better and had some pics, but I can't find it at the moment.

LOL! That helps a lot.

When I was in Japan, I did the "bleh gesture" and my friend did not really appreciate it, so I thought that it meant f-you or something and was careful of who I did that face to in the future.

Ok, off to look for a pic now....

Originally posted by Atsukan
What do you call it in Japanese when someone is pressing one eye down and sticking out their tongue. Japanese do that sometimes. I think it means something like **** you but meant in the cutest possible way. In the US, it would be like someone sticking out their tongue.

It's called あっかんべー in Japanese.
Sometimes kids say "Akkan.." Then say "be-" when they stick out their tongue. :D

Re: Re: What is the name of this in Japanese?

Originally posted by momo
It's called あっかんべー in Japanese.
Sometimes kids say "Akkan.." Then say "be-" when they stick out their tongue.

:D :D :D :D
THAT'S WHAT THAT IS!!!!! I knew that when I was in Japan, but totally forgot that word. Oh my gosh....LOL.

Thank you! Thank you!
:D :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom