What's new

What is currently considered cool or trendy in Japan right now?

ELECTRIC JAPAN said:
Pittsburgh, Penn. is not Japan. Whoop-de-doo-do!
You are overstuffed with ideas on Japan.
I don't think anything I've said about Japan in this thread is wrong... if you can point something out to me, pleaes do, instead of your vague inferences... And, plenty of people living in the States have lived in Japan, interacted with it in a way that affords them the ability to discuss it... but, you're too conceited to even consider this.

ELECTRIC JAPAN said:
Hey,to be perfectly honest, I don't know why you are so upset. If you wanna be a hero here,accept the truth.
Turn around and take it.:(
I'm not upset, I just don't you; and did you just ask me to "turn around and take it"? I think I liked it better when you were being an attentionwhore and trying to get people to listen to you by talking about your body & sexuality... Since that failed you've been airing this anti-gaijin missive... and to what purpose, really?

Last edited:
ELECTRIC JAPAN said:
Coming from someone who actually lives in Japan and isn't obsessed on his PC arranged with Gundam action figures.
What does this have to do with anything, other than a vague inference that the people who are discussing this topic are inferior?

ELECTRIC JAPAN said:
Losing weight and being fit is trendy now, with all women.
Really? When has this NOT been true. Japan has always had an issue with weight, for as long as I can remember. This is not exactly a "trend".

ELECTRIC JAPAN said:
Gucchi and Coach fashion items as well and coloured cell phones. This is what is on the streets and media nowadays.
Gucci, Coach, Heremes etc, have been around for a long time in Japan... not exactly a trend either.

I'll give you the cell phones, but that's just a matter of fortuity really.

Electric Japan, I'll just close by saying that what you are espousing, that the reason that there are no gaijin in Japan in great quantities is due to the fact that foreigners are not good at, or incapable of learning or understanding Japanese culture, or the language, is the same types of Nationalistic, xenophobic pap that gets spouted all the time by politicians trying to keep foreigners OUT...

It's thinly veiled, ignorant, nationalistic xenophobia... not much more.

yukio_michael said:
Electric Japan, I'll just close by saying that what you are espousing, that the reason that there are no gaijin in Japan in great quantities is due to the fact that foreigners are not good at, or incapable of learning or understanding Japanese culture, or the language, is the same types of Nationalistic, xenophobic pap that gets spouted all the time by politicians trying to keep foreigners OUT...
It's thinly veiled, ignorant, nationalistic xenophobia... not much more.
Relax man, it's not the end of the world... until Dec. 21, 2012, at 11:11 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time.

Josh

In Japan life is for us to keep.
I was recently in Nagoya and Osaka for a few short days.
I know you don't know me well.
I see the things I do here with barriers and limitations.
Teachers working for slave wages is a strong reality.
Coach and Gucchi is just for those who don't feel good about themselves.
They aren't trend setters but followers.
Creating a stain here in Japan.
Hey,sorry about lighting your fuse.
Keep posting.

like cement

ghettocities said:
I felt sick to my stomach when I saw the Coach boutique in Shibuya? It is cheap and more of an American trend if anything. Japan is supposed to take the best from all over the world and make it her own, right? Coach was her first mistake.
Josh

One of the first stores I went to was Coach.
I walked out in a hurry.
Living here you see the clothing,wondering why everybody just can't go back to wearing a kimono and yukatah.
Looks better in the long run.
I will never give into the tempatation of overpriced taged clothing.
That store and similar ones are here to stay.

Tokis-Phoenix
Here's what i found searching online for japanese fashion that hopefully will help you out ^_^

时尚与设计 | 日本新潮流 | Web Japan

Electric Japan
Have you ever thought that maybe japanese people want to change their style and not wear kimonos or yukatas anymore. Times change and so do people and how they dress.

Japanese trends change too fast for me to give an honest guess.

ELECTRIC please stay on topic or leave the thread, thankyou.

That goes for others, if you have a problem with a post or a poster, use the report abuse function or PM a moderator.

👍

Guess what,I have been to Aberdeen,Scotland.

Why all the negativity in a public forum?

Anyways,Disney merchandise is worn everywhere here.

There is another torturous true fact.

How many Denny's are on the main-street and what is it called?.

Just an interesting question for you. 👍

Decorating a cell phone lid has been trendy for years here like the photo below.

dekoden-1.jpg

This is called "deko-den".(デコ電), and it's a slang word, a short form for デコレーションをした話機.
Some girls do it by themselves but others have it done at a store.
Check this site. Click any button on the left, then again click one of the buttons saying "gorgeous", "cute", "cool", "hard", or "special and season" on the left, and you will see various kinds of decorated phone (deko-den). :)

aha, great link Kyoko-san! I was suddenly reminded of ニ断ニ坦ニ暖ニ停?ーニ鍛ニ誰, but I'm not sure if that can really be considered a trend. I figure Mike Cash would know more about that than I 😌

Blow the dust off

nurizeko said:

I advise you to either clean your PC screen or buy a microscope.
That's DISNEY,mate.😊

May all the thunder clouds in your life blow away.

Repelled attitude

nurizeko said:
Hey Screwball,
I know how boring Scotland is,okay.I know how hard it can be there.
A unemployable place.
If you having nothing to do on here but spew out hatred so be it.
You seem set out to exploit your hatred for everyone to read.
I was actually in a Denny's in Osaka,two weeks ago.
Hey, try going to Tokyo Disneysea and join the crew of a ship.
Perhaps you will be betrothed to Peter Pan, fed to an angry whale and you'll be ultimately spewed out across DisneySEA to....
http://www.dennys.co.jp/dj/index.html
Now you got a good reason to drink tonight with the villagers.:joyful:
Sayonara,
EJ

kyoko_desu said:
This is called "deko-den".ツ(ニ断ニ坦窶彭ツ), and it's a slang word, a short form for ニ断ニ坦ニ椎陳ーニ歎ニ停?。ニ停?懌?堙ー窶堋オ窶堋ス窶彭ヒ彙窶ケ@.
Some girls do it by themselves but others have it done at a store.
Check this site. Click any button on the left, then again click one of the buttons saying "gorgeous", "cute", "cool", "hard", or "special and season" on the left, and you will see various kinds of decorated phone (deko-den).

Yeah, I saw this in Japan on my stay there, my girlfriend though had a bland un-decorated pretty old phone (I guess by Japanese standards).
Japanese girls liked a style of shorts I saw when I was there, but thanks to fashion magazines, Japanese girls trends and fashions change pretty quickly I assume.

Electrically sparked rant said:
Hey Screwball,
I know how boring Scotland is,okay.I know how hard it can be there.
A unemployable place.
If you having nothing to do on here but spew out hatred so be it.
You seem set out to exploit your hatred for everyone to read.
I was actually in a Denny's in Osaka,two weeks ago.
Hey, try going to Tokyo Disneysea and join the crew of a ship.
Perhaps you will be betrothed to Peter Pan, fed to an angry whale and you'll be ultimately spewed out across DisneySEA to....
http://www.dennys.co.jp/dj/index.html
Now you got a good reason to drink tonight with the villagers.
Sayonara,
EJ

So Instead of awnsering my question you post a wild flailing post calling me out as hatred, all I asked was a simple question and you couldnt awnser it.
Suffice to say now, I'm quite convinced you've never been to Aberdeen, Scotland, which was the only point of my question, nothing more, nothing less.
Your not the first troll here and you wont be the last, enjoy Jref while you can. 🙂
Eventually you'll do something stupid to warrant a mods attentions, personally I find you pretty harmless and obvious, if a bit prolific in your pointless posts.

Adventure keeps me pumped

nurizeko said:
Yeah, I saw this in Japan on my stay there, my girlfriend though had a bland un-decorated pretty old phone (I guess by Japanese standards).
Japanese girls liked a style of shorts I saw when I was there, but thanks to fashion magazines, Japanese girls trends and fashions change pretty quickly I assume.
So Instead of anwsering my question you post a wild flailing post calling me out as hatred, all I asked was a simple question and you couldnt awnser it.
Suffice to say now, I'm quite convinced you've never been to Aberdeen, Scotland, which was the only point of my question, nothing more, nothing less.
Your not the first troll here and you wont be the last, enjoy Jref while you can. 🙂
Eventually you'll do something stupid to warrant a mods attentions, personally I find you pretty harmless and obvious, if a bit prolific in your pointless posts.
Hey Ding-a-ling,
Hate to break your heart but I have been going to Scotland since 1978.
It is unfortunate I can't go these days as I am mega miles away now.
Went to Inverness(Loch Ness), and Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Either you have not been anywhere yet or your just poor.
I have a strrong connection to the U.K.,Bubba.
I do own a expensive Scottish fold cat.
Have you got surveillance equipment on me?.
I will say I made a mistake about the Denny's establishment.
On a 3-day weekend, I went to Denny's in Nagoya,across from the Blue Note Jazz club.I have been jumping on too many trains and buses this past month,the forthcoming months sees me going to Tokyo.
How can you be quite convinced I have never been to Aberdeen,Scotland?.
I have been through the Highlands a few times.
I got friends across England/Scotland.
I was invited to Dorchester,England recently but had to say no.
I have been across Australia,Greece,U.K.,Canada,Hawaii,Guam,Fiji,and America.
There comes a time in one's life where you got to be determined and take chances.How the hell do you think I made it to Japan?.
Being radically diffrent has it's rewards on the big blue marbel,I love to see what makes the world go around.
I am living the dream I have always dreamt of.I got married in the South Pacific.
:)
To live a better life has it's rewards.I find it hard to believe you have a bad attitude in a Scottish fishing village.The jobs are in the working-class areas.
I think it's time to pack up the bags.
Hey Bubba,I did answer your dumb question.There are no Denny's in Disneyland.
You can't be serious about that.
Go ahead and make a reservation.

I hope I am not talking to a little baby on here.You sound like a irritating child who has no idea what your talking of.
Grow up and pick up your broken dreams on the ground.
You may have been told you have a rude and arrogant manner on line.
Change your tune and become ambitious,with a strong sense of commitment.
It can't be that hard?.You can start by quiting the meat-packing plant job.
Good Night,
EJ

Denny's at Uriasu, Japan is well off the grounds of Disneyland

Hi CC1,
I have spent numerous times at Tokyo's Disneyland, no desires of entering a Denny's in no-sight of the fabled castle grounds.
Whenever I have gone to Disneyland or DisneySEA, I have no intensions of hiking over to the faraway Uriasu area.
I need no other expenses getting around when I am right there already.
Trying to encourage me to write something about Denny's or a Royal Host establishment is just stupid on Disney soil.
P7 A77
I can see he is either bored or just has a natural sense of curiosity and imagination,as a child should.I hope his ambitious thoughts about Japan don't decline.
Most importantly,this was a thread about trends and not eating establishments or ferris wheels.
I am not to blame, miscalculations in regards to myself here in Japan.I have already established myself on another forum for six years before coming to this forum.
I can see it's just another worthless scheming attempt to bring an end to electric japan.May his prankishness to the thread end,any forum you will find a spoiler or more to a thread topic.
With best wishes,
EJ
My colleagues and myself are enjoying the large fireworks display tonight.
Back to the thread.
ビックカメラ.com | 家電・パソコン・日用品など何でも揃う ビックカメラの公式通販サイト

Originally Posted by nice gaijin
I was suddenly reminded of デコトラック, but I'm not sure if that can really be considered a trend. I figure Mike Cash would know more about that than I

Actually I have seen a dekotorakku(デコトラ/デコトラック) only once in my whole life. I still remember how flashy it was though.
Please check this site and you will see some デコトラ.
Maybe this one↓ belongs to Mike Cash-san
truck3-1.jpg

I saw today before a station in Tokyo, Chin-don-ya dressed in Edo era dude. Some 'westerner' was taping them.

One of the first stores I went to was Coach.
I walked out in a hurry.
Living here you see the clothing,wondering why everybody just can't go back to wearing a kimono and yukatah.
Looks better in the long run.
I will never give into the tempatation of overpriced taged clothing.
That store and similar ones are here to stay.

I like my Jim bai -- and no I don't know how to freaking spell but its still a Jim Bay by pronounciation. And I like it. Very comfortable.

Lately i've seen lots of women sporting miniature dogs with them wherever they go (even in the heart of the city and when shopping). They dress them up in ridiculous outfits and carry them around like an accessory trying to elicit as many "可愛い!" as they can. I've even seen matching outfits (both owner and pet). I pity the dogs...

Back
Top Bottom