What's new

What good thing have you done for a stranger

Davey

先輩
Contributor
5 Feb 2005
Today i have done a good thing!!! this week has been really s * * t for me, as i something went wrong every F day...

after work i went to the train station, to get my train ofcourse... suddenly a woman came to me and asked me how to get the train to the airport... i told her how to get there, and then she asked me how to buy a ticket.. as it was 8 in the evening the store's were closed and she could only use the machine.. but this Freaking machine couldnt accept paper money, and she didnt had coins.. so i paid her ticket to the train!!!! this was my good thing of the day, even i had a really worse day, and probably tommorow will maybe be to, as it will be friday the 13th...

as this world is gettin worser if you ask me.. i think doing something for a stranger is an important thing.. (nice movie about this was pay it forward, wich was a great idea... btw i dont want to follow this idea because i dont think it will work.. but if we all help each other in this world, life would be a lot easyer and nicer!!!!)

my qeustion to all of you is..
what good thing have you done for a stranger???

Last edited by a moderator:
Two days ago I change a flat for two Okinawan women who were just standing on the side of the road looking at the car. It was my day off, and I could have just driven by like everyone else, but I chose to stop. (the fact that they were beautiful didn't even play into it...really!)

Last edited:
CC1 said:
Two days ago I change a flat for two Okinawan women who were just standing on the side of the road looking at the car. It was my day off, and I could have just driven by like everyone else, but I chose to stop. (the fact that they were beautiful had didn't even play into it...really!)
Sure..we believe u ;-) hehe...

BrennaCeDria said:
Well, as long as he didn't get any, it's still a good deed. :p

Never even crossed my mind! Ok well, at least not while I was changing the tire it didn't!

My constant good deed is to always naively trust people until they have proven themselves untrustworthy instead of the other way around. Other than that I don't do good deeds for strangers. Doing good for no good reason will always come back and punish you.

CC1 said:
Never even crossed my mind! Ok well, at least not while I was changing the tire it didn't!

hmm getting some while changing a tire would be difficult maybe thats why you didn't think about it LMAO

Not sure if this qualifies as paying it forward but...

Just last week I was handing out advertisements in front of the local JR station entrance when I noticed there was an upturned card lying on the ground. I didn't see who dropped it and no one else seemed to notice it so I decided to go over and pick it up. Turns out it was a brand spanking new rail pass bought earlier that week for around ツ??8,000 or so and good for about three more weeks. I must admit... I did think to pocket it and use it for myself (if ever so briefly) but decided to do the right thing instead and turned it into the nearest station attendant who thanked me profusely.

Iron Chef said:
Not sure if this qualifies as paying it forward but...

Just last week I was handing out advertisements in front of the local JR station entrance when I noticed there was an upturned card lying on the ground. I didn't see who dropped it and no one else seemed to notice it so I decided to go over and pick it up. Turns out it was a brand spanking new rail pass bought earlier that week for around ツ??8,000 or so and good for about three more weeks. I must admit... I did think to pocket it and use it for myself (if ever so briefly) but decided to do the right thing instead and turned it into the nearest station attendant who thanked me profusely.

Iron- this was of iron !
and it sounds chiefly like a well managing Chef._.fullfilled his duty.

4my, i mostly very much respect all such kind of good deeds- truly&directly done&offered, and hopefully they occur many more times and and all over the globe..
my personal thinking also tends not to speak about good deeds, more remaining- because than they loose of their worthiness/value. telling&speaking about it might be interesting and motivation for others, may be.., but saying nothing about it at all, like just do it, sanctifies it all in another way.. but whether spoken or unspoken- good deeds for ever !-)

mata ne.

Thanks for the compliment although I hardly feel i'm worthy of such praise.ツ ツ I agree with you though about sometimes the things unsaid speak volumes...

I'm guessing those cards can someohow be tracked back to the owner?
Like a name on it or something?

because if there's nothing identifying it as someone's, I would've pocketed it quicker than Winona Ryder at Walmart.

Well, a family of four from Washington D.C. stopped me on the street and asked for directions to the subway so they could take the train to the Penn Relays when it was here in Philly a few weeks ago. Since I suck at giving directions, I walked them a block to the nearest station. They were also baseball fans as was I, so we chatted about the relocated Expos (now the Washington Nationals) and their chances to win this season. They were nice folks and were genuinely grateful for the help I provided them, and I felt good for having done so. Despite what Sgt. Pepper and Twisted Mac said, helping strangers has it's own reward. I truly believe that.
:)

thats the same thing as i am thinking flashjeff, it gives a big satisfaction to help others, especialy when the give there thanks.. as i said in the beginning, i had a terible week, and with helping the stranger, i had a feeling i did something good this week, that made me feel good!

around 2 years ago here in amsterdam, i was sitting in the bus, and behind me there were 2 tourist people, the got out of the bus, but as the door closed, they forgot something inside the bus, and the bus drove away!!! the run behind the bus, but the bus didnt stop.. so i went to see what they forgot, THERE WALLET!!!!!! so i got the wallet, got out the next stop and walked 5min back to them. they were happy a lot i give them, and they wanted to give me a joint? ( I DIDNT SMOKE THEN ,,, uuuh i still dont do now... but they give me a sig, and we had a nice talk)

to do something for somebody else, feels good, and should be done in life, at least this is what i will teach my children someday!!

i don't remember anything i did good to strangers, but i thought about joining the Red Cross after the southeast asian tsnuami

Dream Time said:
i don't remember anything i did good to strangers, but i thought about joining the Red Cross after the southeast asian tsnuami

so why didnt you do it? you show you have a good heart, what stoped you from doing it?

I've forgotten the last good thing I've done for a stranger but I remembered buying sampaguita garland from a street urchin for twenty pesoes awhile ago. I didn't need the sampaguita but I figured she needed money so I bought it from her.

I perform random acts of kindness on a daily basis at work.

This despite the fact that through hundreds upon hundreds of experiences I have learned that on Japanese roadways 90% of the time the recipient of the kindness will give me cause to regret it within 20 seconds of doing it.

About a week ago I rescued a banded racing pigeon from a hawk. Despite the owner's phone number being on the band, and despite the owner living within easy walking distance of my company, the bird ended up camping out on my living room floor for two days and nights. Someday when I'm a little less ticked off about the incident and less disgusted with the people involved and can do it calmly, maybe I'll relate the whole story.

Back
Top Bottom