What's new

Western Foods not liked by Japanese

Gott in Himmel ! What on earth do you eat, Lina ?

I can only assume that the nutritional value of good German beer is better than I thought !

Now .... don't tell us you don't like beer either .... ! :)

Regards,

ニ淡ニ停?。ニ停?

well the point of doener is to get the whole thing and stuff it in your mouth so you have all flavours at once

I've never had Doener Kebab, but it looks very good. I would love to know where I can get it.

Shas said:
well the point of doener is to get the whole thing and stuff it in your mouth so you have all flavours at once
How big is a kebab that you can stuff the whole thing in your mouth? The ones I saw looked way too big to eat all at once.

oh :> im not saying the whole doener

im saying if you take a bite you have to get some of everything then it taste's the best = no chopsticks and stuff, thats like taking sushi apart and then eating it :D

a basic doener is about as big as your face i guess

Candied crickets isn't very popular in the US for some reason. I love the stuff.

Hmm...I find it interesting when some people mentioned that the japanese have an aversion to sweets. I thought that there were many bakeries and patisseries in Japan? I also see really delicious cakes and desserts made by Japanese too. :?

TeaLeaves said:
Hmm...I find it interesting when some people mentioned that the japanese have an aversion to sweets.
Not sweets in general, but certain kinds of sweets.

Probably American chocolate because it tastes so incredible sweet and cheap.

(German chocolate! Yay!)

I often hear people say that Japanese people can't stand to eat very sweet things, but when I was in Japan, I saw people eating the most excessive desserts--like, a parfait of strawberry ice cream, sweetened strawberries, strawberry syrup, pie crust, whipped cream, and white chocolate. Now, if you say Japanese people don't eat very sweet things *frequently*, that's probably true.

Recently I read an article that said the number of mutton-featuring restaurants in Tokyo has exploded over the last 5 years, possibly due to worries over cattle and poultry health. I never ate lamb until I moved to the San Francisco Bay Area where there's a large Muslim population. Now I love the occasional lamb kebab.

But it seems to me that the average person, the world over, is not a very adventurous eater, really ... most of us prefer whatever we were raised to eat!

wintersweet said:
I often hear people say that Japanese people can't stand to eat very sweet things
I don't think, the issue is more or less sweet. Japanese (& Chinese, which I know better) seem to have a completely different taste for sweetness. I can only bring my Chinese girlfriend as an example again: She experiences sweetness very different from me. Some chocolate I eat (like this) is much too sweet for her taste. On the other hand some of the Chinese stuff she eats, is definitely too sweet for my taste.

Actually, in case of the Chinese stuff, to me it was simply sweet, no real taste. While the German chocolate is admittedly very sweet, but with a distinct taste. Perhaps the difference is simply due to what the taste buds got accustomed to in childhood.

Root beer

Root beer, Dr. Pepper, licorice...you either love it or hate it. I think it tastes like medicine too.

A Japanese roommate I had once enjoyed eating red meat but had trouble smelling it being cooked. Having been raised Buddhist, the smell nauseated her. I know I'm going to be in trouble this summer when I go, cause I'm not fond of fish, seafood or seaweed!

Dont give them Dutch Liqeurs ( i write good?)

i gave it to some J-friends of me,,, the spit it out haha... ( not nice not nice not nice of them!!!!!!!!!!)

just one girl liked it ( strange girl , i supose...hehe)

Back
Top Bottom