What's new

Watashi wa Scott desu. Hajimemashite.

@Why Hawaiian

LOL It is similar sounding to japanese and I love the state...climate, history, waves, and things of that nature.

It's pretty normal for a european i think. It's hard to avoid the languages of the countries surrounding you. :) If i take my motorcycle and estimate 3 hours driving, i could be in four different countries, if you drive 6 hours, there's 8 countries.

thats amazing!! I never really realised just how isolated my country is, and just how unwilling WE are to learn languages:eek:

Now thats what I call a "gift of speach" Nukleareraffe🙂

You folks are unbelievable!! I only know English and my dialect of my native language. A spattering of Spanish, a few French prepositions. I'd really like to learn Japanese, enough to speak it!

EK 8 )

ugh, I drive 6 hours and I'm still stuck in town ... well, not that bad but ... I'm surrounded by water, waves, and water.... hehe ... I can see Russia If I drive 6 hours North or 8 hours East :)

languages are an amazing thing ... I really wish I had been more serious about them. :(

oops, yep Hawaii seems to be the place. You can even track down Akebono's parents if you go there :)

@nukleareraffe

I learn Japanese at home with help from a bunch of outside sources including this forum. It's been great fun so far. I have many friends who once lived by me but then had to move back to Japan because of their parents' jobs. I still converse with them and one day hope to go to Japan and among other things visit them while I'm there. Japan has always facsinated me. The culture, the language, the food. What better time to learn to speak Japanese?

Back
Top Bottom