What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Watashi wa Scott desu. Hajimemashite.

samuraitora

先輩
Reaction score
@Why Hawaiian

LOL It is similar sounding to japanese and I love the state...climate, history, waves, and things of that nature.

kinjo

Sempai
Reaction score
@ thomas🙂

@ nukleaeraffe wow! all those languages

nukleareraffe

先輩
Reaction score
It's pretty normal for a european i think. It's hard to avoid the languages of the countries surrounding you. :) If i take my motorcycle and estimate 3 hours driving, i could be in four different countries, if you drive 6 hours, there's 8 countries.

kinjo

Sempai
Reaction score
thats amazing!! I never really realised just how isolated my country is, and just how unwilling WE are to learn languages:eek:

Now thats what I call a "gift of speach" Nukleareraffe🙂

Tomoko

Sempai
Reaction score
You folks are unbelievable!! I only know English and my dialect of my native language. A spattering of Spanish, a few French prepositions. I'd really like to learn Japanese, enough to speak it!

EK 8 )

moyashi

Sempai
Reaction score
ugh, I drive 6 hours and I'm still stuck in town ... well, not that bad but ... I'm surrounded by water, waves, and water.... hehe ... I can see Russia If I drive 6 hours North or 8 hours East :)

languages are an amazing thing ... I really wish I had been more serious about them. :(

moyashi

Sempai
Reaction score
oops, yep Hawaii seems to be the place. You can even track down Akebono's parents if you go there :)

Scott

Sempai
Reaction score
@nukleareraffe

I learn Japanese at home with help from a bunch of outside sources including this forum. It's been great fun so far. I have many friends who once lived by me but then had to move back to Japan because of their parents' jobs. I still converse with them and one day hope to go to Japan and among other things visit them while I'm there. Japan has always facsinated me. The culture, the language, the food. What better time to learn to speak Japanese?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom