What's new

Was that REALLY an F-117A going over my house last night?!

kirei_na_me

Where I'm Supposed to Be
31 Jan 2003
Was that REALLY flying stealth bomber-like object going over my house last night?!

Okay, so I'm out walking the dog last night at about 11:30 p.m. when I see this V-shaped thing gliding through the sky, right over top of me, at a very high speed. My first thought was, "Do geese fly at night?!", but I didn't hear honking and I saw no wings flapping and it ain't no way geese can fly that fast. It was low, it was dark and had no lights on it anywhere, it was in the shape of a V, it made no noise, and it was going way fast. So, my husband seems to think it was a stealth bomber going over for some reason. What do you all think?

I mean, our house is in central Virginia. We have D.C. to the north, we have Norfolk to the east, we have lots of bases all around. I must add that it is very common for fighter jets(F-18's) to go over us a lot during the day. It is not rare to see them fly over at all.

So, what do you think? Do you think it was a stealth bomber, do you think it was very quiet geese, do you think it was an airplane with no lights on it, do you think it was a (haha) UFO, or do you think I was just really tired?!

It was just really eerie and I've been thinking about it ever since.

Last edited:
I guess it could be. I've never actually seen one of these things. By the way, the F117A is a stealth fighter (not bomber). There is a B-2 stealth bomber that looks almost like it, but it's shape is more of a boomerang v-shape than a V v-shape like the F117A. Which v-shape did you see? :)

Ummmm...

Well, I don't really know if it was more like a boomerang or more like a V. Maybe it was more like a boomerang, because the wingspan looked pretty wide. :cautious:

And thanks for clearing me up on that, Keiichi. And yes, Thomas, it did look something like that...I think?

origami... *lol*

Then it's more of a B-2 probably. ^_^ Or it was a prehistoric flying dinosaur. It plots revenge on humans for taking over their land that was once theirs.

I've actually had the chance to see the F117A in flight on several occasions and what you described may have very well been such a craft. Considering your location and the current state of affairs both domestically and abroad, I would not be surprised if it was indeed a Stealth Nighthawk, although it would be hard to confirm positive visual identification at the time you stated (11:30pm). Either that or it's a UFO 8-p
:)

Last edited:
the clone theory is believable....only they come in pods from 1950's movies or bad '70's remakes.... :D

I think you're right kirei_na_me. And anyway, who'd want to clone your family? The kids would have the space craft and everything in it taken apart in minutes (if they hadn't taken control of it first).

It was a UFO in the sense that you couldn't identify it! :D By the way, what did it turn out to be after all?

OK I confess !

I created a hyper-sonic anti-gravity craft that I use to fly around and look in the female forum member's windows at night. I just got there to early that night Kirei.
PS - If I could find an undergarment that would lift my stomach up to my chest, I'd be stacked !! Keep those eyes to the skys !!

Frank

Low Level Bombing !!

I used to go to a camp deep in the woods where you never saw another soul. There was a dry lake bed just in front with a beautiful river running through. Soo peaceful and quiet !! And suddenly a jet would scream down out of the sky about 500 miles per hour and run down the lakebed about 15 feet off the ground on a practice bombing run. Man, it would scare the hell out of ya. A few seconds later, total silence, and then the birds chirping and nature's sounds were back. Always wondered if I could shoot one down??

Frank

Low Level Bombing !!

I used to go to a camp deep in the woods where you never saw another soul. There was a dry lake bed just in front with a beautiful river running through. Soo peaceful and quiet !! And suddenly a jet would scream down out of the sky about 500 miles per hour and run down the lakebed about 15 feet off the ground on a practice bombing run. Man, it would scare the hell out of ya. A few seconds later, total silence, and then the birds chirping and nature's sounds were back. Always wondered if I could shoot one down??

Frank

You could try to shoot it down, but you had to have a very lucky shot. Oh, its illegal. :D

BTW, what the guy piloting the plane was doing is illegal also, and if he got caught he would have been disciplined.

A few years ago I remember a story about a shepperd that was having troubles with military jet planes, that usually flown by over his sheep real close, and he got tired of complaining to the local authorities, so one day he brought his shotgun to the fields and waited. As soon as the jet tried a "close shave" on his sheeps, he emptied both barrels of the gun and got one in the bulls eye.
The plane didn't crash, but the fact that there was shotgun damage on the plane was enough to start an enquiry. For a moment, the shepperd was in serious troubles, because no one can go around shooting planes and the pilot denied he was flying low, but the shepperd insisted in his story and as soon as the inspectors saw the angle of entry of the shrapnell in the plane, the cat was out of the bag.

Crazy story, but I think its true.

Back
Top Bottom