What's new

Visual kei bands: Female style

miyabiyabi

後輩
31 May 2006
I don't know how big of a fan any of you are of any female visual kei bands but I'm here to atleast introduce you if you don't know of any.

Firstly we have デンジャー☆ギャング:
118k84p-1.jpg

Dr. 麗(Rei) / Vo.わか(Waka)/ Ba.Thera/ Gu. ヒコ(Hiko)
They've been out since 2002, and have 2 singles and 2 mini-albums.
Waka's vocals can be described much like Kyo's from Dir en grey at times.
She has a very masculin voice so they have been mistaken for guys.
Being so use to andrygonous men, we don't expect women looking like this.
I loved them ever since I heard their song "Samurai" so I'm a huge fan of Danger☆Gang. Hiko refers to her self as THE ROCK, which is funny.
:LOL:
Here are some links for you to check them out.
Official HP:
【魔法のiらんど】人気のWeb・ケータイ小説/小説投稿サイト
(If you can't view their page correctly, try Opera browser, or Internet Explorer)

Fansites:
French /
Ciné, Resto, Concert... Idées de sorties dans ma ville - 118 712
English /
http://www.freewebs.com/dangergang/

Two live videos for you to enjoy:

Core -kororo- (LIVE)

The magic that is Waka, also you can see Hiko doing her "Rock" pose.
😊

More to come!

I've heard of Danger Gang before. But my god, that woman does sound like a man! I clicked on the youtube link, and this was the first thing I heard from them. If I hadn't already known they were women, I would have thought it was a man singing! wow..

And yes, it is kind of hard to tell who's female and who's male when their dressed vk style (although, there is normally something that gives away the fact that it's a guy or girl...probably the jawline, poses or something...)

---And yes, it is kind of hard to tell who's female and who's male when their dressed vk style (although, there is normally something that gives away the fact that it's a guy or girl...probably the jawline, poses or something...)----

yes, it is very hard sometimes *grins* still i dont agree on the pose thing...
look at shinya par example...

Those are girls?!
I think J-rock has ruined my brain because I'm just finding it very hard to believe the people in that picture are female :D

You can tell they're girls, it's in the eye shape and jawline.
Personally, I haven't been impressed by female Visual Kei artists. I think they fall back on their visuals too much and neglect what is most important: TALENT AND MUSIC. Actually, this is a problem I've found in almost ALL female Japanese artists Visual or otherwise, they seem to think simply standing there and looking cute is enough. But I'll give this band a try and hope they prove me wrong...

EDIT: Just listened to them and well...I'll be honest, am not blown away but they're better then most. Their slightly Loli look clashes horribly with their music though, I'd even call it jaring. Just being honest, DON'T HIT ME!!! *dudges flying sharp pointy objects*

Hyde_is_my_anti-drug said:
You can tell they're girls, it's in the eye shape and jawline.
Really, I don't see it. If I'd seen this picture anywhere it would probably not have fallen into my head that they were women. But I guess that's just the prejudice eye too much VK has given me. You must have a sharper eye than me 😊

I actually liked that youtube clip. No less talentful than some VK acts I like. A bit too rap-ish for my tastes though, but I'd like to hear more from them.
And man, that girls voice! That's increadable.
Usually girls overdo growling when they want to sound hard or "manish" (And that often sounds so damn stupid) but she just sings like that. I've just got to admire that.

ahaha the visual kei has destroyed my mind, I can't say now if they are girl or boys XD but they're girls ^^

MM.. I heard them. Nothing... impressive. I think they have their fans but I'm not included. I think they lack of that something called "talent" and need to get a bit rid of the manufacturing secuences... No mean to offend

Ps: her voice is shocking.. more manly than some I've heard...

Do they make fanservice??? C'mon, we deserve that too!!

Damn, that voice is crazy being a woman... just imagine her boyfriend/husband discussing with her, poor guy =/

SaKeVi said:
Do they make fanservice??? C'mon, we deserve that too!!
Damn, that voice is crazy being a woman... just imagine her boyfriend/husband discussing with her, poor guy =/

i found it quite hard to believe that the vocalist of DangerGang was a female
when i listened to their song Danger Gang No Theme(or whatever its called)

maybe she does have a "normal" voice when she speaks
at least i hope it for her boyfriend(or girlfriend,maybe she's a lesbian)

I.. don't think she's a lesbian...
I guess they're going on alright, I saw the add of their single or wtv in Fool's Mate... the only girls in the entire magazine.

Haha yea it's funny because you hardly see Femal VK bands but then when I heard Danger Gang I thought "the lead singer sounds like a man" o_O

But as for more Female VK there's Kana and Lucifer Luscious. I think there are other VK bands out there also that have female vocals like Inugami Circus Dan.

Onmyouza also uses a female vocalist. Sometimes she sings harmony with one of the guys. She uses a bit too much vibrato, but apart from that, her voice is pretty good. 🧑‍🎤

I also listened once to this really obscure girl band called The Warakiris ( :? ), they were quite good.

And just for the record, Blood used a girl in some of their shows as a backup member - I'm not sure what she played, but I think it was guitar. 👍 One of my friends was at a show of theirs in the UK a couple of years ago and he told me this, and also I read in other places that they had a girl backup member, I think it was just on this particular tour.

Yes, but Onmyouza can't be called a VK girl band... I've heard there are quite a few female band but this is as much girl VK I've gotten into. Women in japanese rock are still very strange, don't you think? They tend to be very `pop'.

I havent really heard much in the way of female VK bands at all. Ive never really found any.

But tbh, there is hardly any rock-y type female bands in general. It seems to be a male dominant music genre.

I've never heard of this.

Yeah, JRock really makes me think everyone's male. n___n But it's okay, they're female.

to some exstent i think Kana's VK.... but... only slightly....

the comment about female bands in general i completely dissagree with.... Kokeshi Doll and Tsu Shi Ma Mi Re are 2 of my all time fave bands.... but they are definatly NOT VK... so i won't go on about them here ^^;

anyone consider Lucipher Luicious VK?
in that canse Gille' Loves would be considered a femal 'VK band iand i really love them.... though... i'm not sure if the other membbers are guys.... someone shoudl clear that up for me ^^;

here's some pics:

and before you comment the readhead IS a girl... and she's really talented.... thsi music is terribly gothic though and... nothing like what i would presume most people on here listen to... here's on of their songs...
http://www.sendspace.com/file/9e2cjh

Its really weird, cause most VK bands are very femimine! Ive started to assume they are all men! LOL!

I still feel that it is dominated by males! Not to say there isnt any good female bands!

I never really like female rock type bands, english or japanese. I dont even know why O___o

"Is there a page with torrents? Or can anyone send a song or two? >.<"

Taken from the sticky:

"Jref does not allow people to post links to torrents, mp3's, yousendit/megaupload/rapidshare (and all the other upload websites) because of copyrighted materials...."

Thanx for the reminding, Iron Chef. Sorry.

Furan, you're a bottomless bucket of information in this matter...

Back
Top Bottom