What's new

US attacks Syrian airbase.

Grandpa Frank

先輩
21 May 2003
Latest news say we launched 50 to 60 cruise missiles from 2 US war ships , each carrying a 1000 pound warhead. They all were aimed at one airbase ,(not sure if this is right), that the US says dropped the chemical weapons the other day. Be interesting to see the results of this and how the Russians react to it. I imagine the fine details of what took place will take a few days to come out. Usually when a news story like this comes out , the facts are not given correctly for a day or two.

Last edited:
Forgive me my asking, but was there any compelling evidence presented indicating that the Assad regime was behind the chemical attack? There seems to be no logical reason why they would employ sarin against civilians (after their chemical arsenal had been destroyed by the UN and in light of all the Russian military support they receive). Just wondering...

Someone on Facebook posted a write up with many details how it was all an elaborate hoax put on by ISIS using bodies they killed. The story said it was put on to cause a rift between the US and Russia. Seems now days when ever something big happens the conspiracy people jump on it.

It now says that Russia played a role in the chem attack. Not sure if is fake news or not, but as of yesterday Russia was quiet and now I understand Russian ships are on the move, where, it wasn't stated. That whole area should have been left alone years ago. Any of you here that are Vets, have you served time over in that area? Like to hear some stories "real stories" that is , what really that whole mess is all about. Most people say "OIL".

Any of you here that are Vets, have you served time over in that area? Like to hear some stories "real stories" that is , what really that whole mess is all about

I wouldn't expect your average veteran of any conflict, campaign, or region to have an especially informed view of anything beyond that which their own physical line-of-sight encompasses.

Most people say "OIL".

I also wouldn't take what "most people" say as a basis for forming an opinion. What "most people" say is usually a good demonstration of humanity's capacity for turning out a bunch of chuckleheads.

Syrian oil production ranks 65th in the world....just behind Papua New Guinea. (And I doubt the typical American could point to either of them on am unlabeled map....not that it would hamper their having some very definite opinions on what ought to be done regarding either of them, of course).

Last edited:
Wish I had stock in Raytheon. Each missile cost over $800 thousand. So it figures out we spent $49 million dollars US to kill 6 people.

Wish I had stock in Raytheon. Each missile cost over $800 thousand. So it figures out we spent $49 million dollars US to kill 6 people.
And that's the key point. If war wasn't profitable we would see a lot less of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom