What's new

Translations needed, my Japanese study

市ちょ is probably 市ちょう (市町).
自し体 is probably 自ち体 (自治体).
きょう務 is probably ぎょう務 (業務).

Your multiple careless mistakes make your question nearly impossible to answer for us. If you want help, provide an image of the original content in your initial post, rather than only your mistake-riddled version of it.

Furthermore, this looks like a news headline. Headlines are usually heavily abbreviated, and because of that are not good source material for studying a language. Trying to learn Japanese from news headlines is a waste of time.

Thanks. You are right , it is a headline. I wanted to also learn the kanji.

Looks like a headline indeed. I couldn't find the exact same wording but this looks like the same story:

県内7市町が業務システム供同利用へ

As joadbres says it's not good learning material. If you simply want to understand what it means, it's pretty straightforward and you already have the pieces you need for a general understanding
ube town etc
7 towns
agreement
municipality
business
system
joint use

7 municipalities including Ube will jointly use a business operations system.

Yes, that is the article. What I am trying to do each morning to blend in with my reading (mostly just lessons, is to start to read the newspaper). So I'm asking for translations for how it maybe said in English.
I'm working now on that article. But I'll go sentence by sentence.
Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

If you continue to practice reading kanji, and asking if your reading is correct or not, I strongly recommend posting both original kanji and your reading fully in hiragana, not kanji and partially-transliterated hiragana. Also, katakana should be used for katakana words. Hiragana could be misinterpreted as conjugation sufixes or particles in 市ちょ, 自し体 or きょう務しすてむ, so it becomes extremely hard to guess the original sentence.
e.g.
市町(しちょう)
自治体(じちたい)
業務(ぎょうむ)

If you continue to practice reading kanji, and asking if your reading is correct or not, I strongly recommend posting both original kanji and your reading fully in hiragana, not kanji and partially-transliterated hiragana. Also, katakana should be used for katakana words. Hiragana could be misinterpreted as conjugation sufixes or particles in 市ちょ, 自し体 or きょう務しすてむ, so it becomes extremely hard to guess the original sentence.
e.g.
市町(しちょう)
自治体(じちたい)
業務(ぎょうむ)

Thanks Tori
Now I don't feel so ... well... at least you all are helpful without getting too nitty gritty about my way of trying to put this language together for my own good.

My attempt to translate this:
k10011761601000.jpg

もうすぐ今年ことしも終おわり

Soon the year will be over.

もうすぐ soon
ことし this year
おわり over

Need a little help on this translation.
きょうとのてらでじょうのかねのねんしゅう

Kyoto
shrine
money

thats about all I know on this one

きょうとのてらでじょうのかねのねんしゅう
Why do you take something that almost certainly originally had kanji in it, strip them out, replacing them with hiragana, and then ask for our help with it? Are you trying to make it as difficult as possible?

If you want our help, show us the content in its original form, and while you are at it, provide links, too.

In other words, help us to help you.

Has to be something like
京都の寺で除夜の鐘で年始を
きょうとのてらでじょやのかねでねんしを

It is

京都で「除夜」の練習

from NHK News Web Easy.

I suspect that @musicisgood is thinking of starting a competing website: NHK News Web Easy Made Hard.

Bell and money are quite different indeed.
The first part means at a kyoto temple. @musicisgood I assume you know the 108 bell ring on new year's eve, right? That is what 除夜の鐘 means. the last word means practice.
He might have used some site or extension that converts kanji to kana but it really makes it unreadable as joadbres was trying to say.

除夜 by itself means new years eve which might interest you. the next kanji is bell. Anyway I hope you found some use.

Thanks guys. My plan which I hope works for me is this. I'll post the whole article now and as I work through it, I'll show what I know and ask questions. I'll do as much as I can without help. My goal for January is to be able to read the kanji without hiragana and be able to write the kanji. Also to read the article somewhat faster then I'm reading it now. Here is the copy of the article. I think after a few tries and misses I'll get organized on this and learn the best way to approach learning articles like this.

平成(へいせい)31年(ねん) 5月(がつ)から新(あたら)しい元号(げんごう)になる
[1月1日 11時00分]
ニュースを聞(き) 漢字(かんじ)の読(よ)み方(かた)を消(け)
新(あたら)しい年(とし)が始(はじ)まって、平成(へいせい)31年(ねん)になりました。今年(ことし)の元号(げんごう)は、4月(がつ)まで「平成(へいせい)」ですが、5月(がつ)から新(あたら)しくなります。今(いま)の天皇(てんのう)陛下(へいか)が4月(がつ)30日(にち)で退位(たいい)して、5月(がつ)1日(ついたち)に皇太子(こうたいし)さまが新(あたら)しい天皇(てんのう)になるためです。
日本(にっぽん)の最初(さいしょ)の元号(げんごう)は、645年(ねん)に始(はじ)まった「大化(たいか)」です。今(いま)の「平成(へいせい)」は247番目(ばんめ)です。昔(むかし)は、天皇(てんのう)が新(あたら)しくなったときだけではなくて、災害(さいがい)やお祝(いわ)いがあったときにも元号(げんごう)を変(か)えていました。1人(ひとり)の天皇(てんのう)の間(あいだ)に8つの元号(げんごう)を使(つか)ったこともありましたが、今(いま)は天皇(てんのう)が新(あたら)しくなったときに、新(あたら)しい元号(げんごう)を決(き)めます。
新(あたら)しい元号(げんごう)は、アジアの歴史(れきし)や日本(にっぽん)の文学(ぶんがく)などを研究(けんきゅう)している学者(がくしゃ)がいくつかの案(あん)を考(かんが)えます。2つの漢字(かんじ)を使(つか)って、読(よ)んだり書(か)いたりしやすくて、いい意味(いみ)のことばを考(かんが)えます。そして、大臣(だいじん)などが集(あつ)まる会議(かいぎ)で1つに決(き)まります。政府(せいふ)は、新(あたら)しい元号(げんごう)が何(なに)になるかまだ発表(はっぴょう)していません。
今年(ことし)は、皇太子(こうたいし)さまが天皇(てんのう)になる5月(がつ)1日(ついたち)が祝日(しゅくじつ)になって、4月(がつ)27日(にち)から5月(がつ)6日(むいか)まで、休(やす)みが10日(とおか)続(つづ)きます。

So I'll start from the very beginning.
And thanks everyone

OK, I took time off on this way of learning. But I stuck with it. I understand now that if I didn't post the whole article, yes, it would be too confusing what I'm trying to ask for.
So now I got to move on with a more current article and hopefully I got it together a bit better to ask questions.

Back studying. Had other stuff that kept me busy for a long time.

Today's study

ひとつ 一つ one
いち 一 one
ひとり 一人 one person
いちにち 一日 all day
ついたち 一日 the first (date)

Today's study

二つ ふたり two
二 に two
二人 ふたり two people
二月 にがつ February
二日 ふつか the second (date) (for ) 2 days

Today's study

三つ みっつ three
三 さん three
三日 みっか the 3rd (date)
(for) three days
三月 さんがつ March
三人 さんにん 3 people

Today's study

四つ よっつ four
四 よん four
四 し four
四日 よっか forth (date) (for) four days
四百 よんひゃく four hundred
四円 よえん four yen
四時 よじ four o'clock
四月 しがつ April

Today's study ( June 10, 2019 )

五つ いつつ five
五 ご five
五日 いつか the fifth (date ) (for) five days
五月 ごがつ May
五十 ごじゅう 50

Today's study ( June 10, 2019 )

五つ いつつ five
五 ご five
五日 いつか the fifth (date ) (for) five days
五月 ごがつ May
五十 ごじゅう 50

If you can keep up your current pace, you will finish studying all the joyo kanji on 10 April 2025. Ganbatte!

Back
Top Bottom