What's new

Translations needed, my Japanese study

These shoes are small

これとのくつわちさい。
kore to no kutsu wa chisai

Is that correct?
I don't understand the (kore-to) part.

No because you are saying "this, the shoes are small."
kutsu ga chiisai desu or kono kutsu ha chiisai desu would be better.
The latter is preferred because it makes more sense (these shoes are small vs shoes are small).

No because you are saying "this, the shoes are small."
kutsu ga chiisai desu or kono kutsu ha chiisai desu would be better.
The latter is preferred because it makes more sense (these shoes are small vs shoes are small).

OK, got it.

I posted something about needing help on info of a guitar, can you check a website in japanese on serial numbers for Fender Squier guitars. MY Japanese reading is not up to par.
Here is the number:
s/n ICS09019931

Thanks

How do I say this in Japanese?

Enjoy the ride and adventure of playing your guitar?

OK, I think I know this:
Your あなたの
guitar ギター
adventure ぼうけん

Literal translations wouldn't work well. バイクもギターも楽しんで is barely acceptable, but those kinds of greetings are not so mcommonly used in Japanese conversations in the first place.

Literal translations wouldn't work well. バイクもギターも楽しんで is barely acceptable, but those kinds of greetings are not so mcommonly used in Japanese conversations in the first place.

OK, thanks. Live and learn.

I smell with my nose.
Is this a way to say it:
私ははなでにおいます

My question now is :why do we use "de" in this sentence.

thanks

で indicates the means.
e.g.
バイクで駅に行く。
カードで支払いをする。
手でミカンの皮をむく。

How do I say this in Japanese?
Enjoy the ride and adventure of playing your guitar?
In the above, does "ride" refer to the guitar? If so, the first thing I recommend is avoiding idiomatic expressions because the listener will not understand them. I mean, if they are translated literally, they will not make sense (we don't "ride" guitars). If used figuratively, the translator has to interpret what you are trying to say, and find an expression that matches your intended meaning. So to avoid this, it is best to think simply, and avoid English that is open to ambiguities. "Enjoy your guitar" is fine and gets the meaning across just as well. "Enjoy the adventure that is learning the guitar" is equally fine, but it jumps up a pay grade in my view.
"Enjoy the ride and adventure of playing your guitar"... this is starting to be a bridge too far, except for professional translators who can pick up exactly what you are trying to say.
ギターという「旅と冒険」を楽しんでください
its OK, but if you are a beginner its best to stick to fairly simple English.

In the above, does "ride" refer to the guitar? If so, the first thing I recommend is avoiding idiomatic expressions because the listener will not understand them. I mean, if they are translated literally, they will not make sense (we don't "ride" guitars). If used figuratively, the translator has to interpret what you are trying to say, and find an expression that matches your intended meaning. So to avoid this, it is best to think simply, and avoid English that is open to ambiguities. "Enjoy your guitar" is fine and gets the meaning across just as well. "Enjoy the adventure that is learning the guitar" is equally fine, but it jumps up a pay grade in my view.
"Enjoy the ride and adventure of playing your guitar"... this is starting to be a bridge too far, except for professional translators who can pick up exactly what you are trying to say.
ギターという「旅と冒険」を楽しんでください
its OK, but if you are a beginner its best to stick to fairly simple English.

Thanks Majestic
Your post explained what I was trying to say quite well. Thank you.

For: You are very kind.
ごしんせつにありがとうござます。

I that the correct way of saying it after someone helps you out.
Thanks.

When using :" Is this seat taken"、 at the airport, is this OK to say:
このせきすいていますか?

Thanks.

The reading of 空く is あく, not すく, in that case.

このせき(は)あいて(い)ますか

Need help in getting a meaning of this. I 'll put the words in English that I think are correct, but the Japanese sentence really makes no sense to me.

宇部市など7市ちょ協定自し体きょう務しすてむを共同利用

ube town
such
town
agreement
municipality
business
system
joint use

Can you see what i'm trying to translate into an English sentence that makes sense.

Thanks

What is the exact original sentence? You misread it since it doesn't make sense at all as a Jaanese sentence, either.

Need help in getting a meaning of this. I 'll put the words in English that I think are correct, but the Japanese sentence really makes no sense to me.

宇部市など7市ちょ協定自し体きょう務しすてむを共同利用

市ちょ is probably 市ちょう (市町).
自し体 is probably 自ち体 (自治体).
きょう務 is probably ぎょう務 (業務).

Your multiple careless mistakes make your question nearly impossible to answer for us. If you want help, provide an image of the original content in your initial post, rather than only your mistake-riddled version of it.

Furthermore, this looks like a news headline. Headlines are usually heavily abbreviated, and because of that are not good source material for studying a language. Trying to learn Japanese from news headlines is a waste of time.

Looks like a headline indeed. I couldn't find the exact same wording but this looks like the same story:

県内7市町が業務システム供同利用へ

As joadbres says it's not good learning material. If you simply want to understand what it means, it's pretty straightforward and you already have the pieces you need for a general understanding
ube town etc
7 towns
agreement
municipality
business
system
joint use

7 municipalities including Ube will jointly use a business operations system.

Back
Top Bottom