What's new

Translation help

JoRuDeNnA

~*ガゼット*~
6 Nov 2005
Hey guys well my best friend is going to have a tattoo done and she wants this
irezumi.jpg
can you tell me if the translation is correct and the romaji or hiragana for this phrase??? I would really appreciate it 🙂
Oh by the way they told her the translation is "dreams come true" is that correct???

Dear God in heaven, what the hell is that miserable mockery of kanji supposed to be?

That is the single most wretchedly awful attempt at mimicking Japanese writing I have ever seen.

Whatever she gets, BEG her not to let the morons who came up with that eyesore do the job.

XDDD yeah I didn't like it either so I'm trying to convince her to change the design lol hmmm let's see this is what she wants can you help me out with the translation???
120604-224001.jpg

it's teh first four kanjis of the omamori, I actually like the original design in the omamori better XD

For one thing, the order is wrong. It is 心願成就 and not 成就心願 as those idiots had it. It refers to your prayers being answered or your wishes being fulfilled. Not exactly "dreams come true", but close.

Seriously, any kanji tattoo should be done by somebody who either grew up writing kanji or in the worst case by somebody working from a stencil made with fonts. That crap they drew is just horrible. It's too bad to even laugh at.

well I think they didn't know the correct order since its different in japanese and that omamori I bought it in japan last march XD she liked it and that's why she wanted to use it so the correct order would be 心願成就 and well where I bought it it said "dreams come true" that's correct right???
Thank you so much for helping :D

You mean they saw the mamori and that horrible drawing was the best they could do? Please don't let your friend get the tattoo from those people.

If she does get it done by those people, please post a picture of it as an example of what NOT to do when getting a kanji tattoo (and so we can hurt ourselves laughing at it).

actually the artist wasnt the one who made the design, it was a friend of her.
Her new idea is something like this which I think is a lot better XD
design 1.png
👍

Well just to let you know in the end he went to another artist and had a great design XD apparently the most accurate translation of that is something like "your wish comes true if you keep wishing to the god" which I personaly find lovely (^-^)<3 anyways Mike Cash thank you for your help and opinion!!!

ammm yes I don't think there's a problem, I took a picture right after it was done IMG-20120610-WA0000.jpg

Looks pretty well done to me. No missing strokes or wrong characters, and it pretty much fits the font in the image above from what I can tell.

Yes it looks nice, it was a bit swollen in that moment, right now it looks better but I don't have any pictures

I've never seen 心 look so much like a smiley face before.....

well dunno what to say, anyways she likes it and she's happy so yeah that's what really matters LOL so again thanks for your help ppl

Back
Top Bottom