Translation をたたいてしまった

musicisgood

Sempai
Donor
4 Sep 2015
tataite shimatta

That would be the past tense of "hit" ?

ウイルスの問題もんだいでストレス「子こどもをたたいてしまった

Due to my stress from the virus , I hit my child.

This is not a complete sentence (maybe it's a headline?) but yes. Sort of.
Hit is tataku and past tense is tataita. This is a compound word tataite + shimatta.
shimatta means "done completely" but often used to mean "screwed up."
Like if I say "zenbu tabete shimatta" it means "I ate everything (but I shouldn't have)."

This is not a complete sentence (maybe it's a headline?) but yes. Sort of.
Hit is tataku and past tense is tataita. This is a compound word tataite + shimatta.
shimatta means "done completely" but often used to mean "screwed up."
Like if I say "zenbu tabete shimatta" it means "I ate everything (but I shouldn't have)."

Thank you. Didn't know about the "shimatta".
I hear the wife say it all the time, but had no idea what it meant. So like screwing up on things.

Yes, its a heading of this: NEWS WEB EASY|ウイルスの問題でストレス「子どもをたたいてしまった」

That's not a single sentence. ウイルスの問題でストレス is the title of the article, and 子どもをたたいてしまった is an example of consultations the NPO in the article got, as you can see it's in square brackets.

That's not a single sentence. ウイルスの問題でストレス is the title of the article, and 子どもをたたいてしまった is an example of consultations the NPO in the article got, as you can see it's in square brackets.

OK, thanks

Thank you. Didn't know about the "shimatta".
I hear the wife say it all the time, but had no idea what it meant. So like screwing up on things.
You can also use it by itself. As sort of a light exclamation like shoot! or sh*t! or dammit! or even son of a gun!

Back
Top Bottom