What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

The Children Of Japan’s Smallest Town Rap In English To Teach The World About Their Little Town (Video)

Seiko

Sempai
Reaction score

The Children Of Japan’s Smallest Town Rap In English To Teach The World About Their Little Town (Video)

Tadaokasmallesttowninjapan1-1.jpg

Located in Osaka Prefecture, the town of Tadaoka (忠岡) )is the smallest town in all of Japan (in terms of land area) and thus not all that well-known. However, this little town is trying to raise its name recognition and maybe even get people to pay them a visit through a new video that features some of the town’s elementary schoolers showing off their English skills.

Released last week (May 20), and produced by the private English education company ECC, this new video stars 26 elementary school students from the town of Tadaoka dancing and rapping to the tune of “Yankee Doodle Dandy,” all in an effort to educate viewers on everything from where their town is located to the fact that they hold special English events throughout the year.

Check out this cute video below.

Seiko

Sempai
Reaction score
I have one big question. I see a few of these visit our town videos, my question is, are they asking people to just visit or they are trying to get people to move to their town.

Here in America, if a city or town is advertising their city, they are asking people to move there.

mdchachi

Reaction score
I have one big question. I see a few of these visit our town videos, my question is, are they asking people to just visit or they are trying to get people to move to their town.

Here in America, if a city or town is advertising their city, they are asking people to move there.
Just visiting. If they would be promoting residency it certainly wouldn't be in English. And it would focus on things that residents would care about.
I can't help but think that if their promotion is successful they could easily be the #1 per capita COVID19 hotspot in Japan.

Seiko

Sempai
Reaction score
This video is like promoting the city to move there?

mdchachi

Reaction score
What is this video about? Please
Yes, this is promoting residency in "easy to live" Fuchu in Hiroshima. Notice there are no gaijin in it to ruin the vibe. :)
The video that came up randomly after that one is showing a speed trap in Fuchu. So the place may not be as friendly as they'd like you to think after all. 😄 At 1:38 is where they can spot you and 1:54 you can see the police at the side of the road waiting for victims.
This video is like promoting the city to move there?
No, this one is a finalist entry for the 6th tourism promotion video contest. It's interesting but I'm not sure works very well in that regard. It tries to show some of the good things about the rural areas while mainly showing how jealous she is of her sister's adventures in the city. It's "unfair" but it has it all so it's a great place. Or something like that.

Top Bottom