What's new

Testing some Japanese I just learned

Matsuyuu

先輩
13 Aug 2003
I'm writing this in romaji because I don't fully understand the Japanese alphabets. Some of this isn't supposed to be serious, it's just for the purpose of correction.

konnichiwa. atsui! buta ga suki. watashi wa niwatori ga hoshii. arigatou.

I've got a LOT of work to do...

Correct me if I made a mistake:
Good day/Hello. It's hot! I like pigs. I want a live chicken. Thanks.

the only one that isn't grammatically correct without a desu or da is the one that ends in "suki". The others are fine. It sounds like you're ready to give the Japanese a taste of their own medicine and start making nonsensical t-shirts in Japanese like they do in English.

Last edited:
Although minor, here's what I'd say:

"konnichiwa. atsui desune! buta wa suki. watashi wa niwatori wo hoshii. arigatou."

Originally posted by jspecdan

"konnichiwa. atsui desune! buta wa suki. watashi wa niwatori wo hoshii. arigatou."
And there is a cute story in there somewhere I'm sure.....if you can picture a Japanese farmer talking to his pigs and chicken in their stalls and pens at the height of a midsummers day.

"Konnichiwa! Kyou buta wa suki desuga niwatori suki de wa arimasen.
Atsui no hi ni wa watashi wa butaniku wo hoshii desuga keiniku wo hoshii de wa nai kara. Sore de wa hanashi wo kiite arigatou."

Anyone else?

:D

Originally posted by jspecdan

Just to make sure though...."wo hoshii" is used to emphasize what it is that is wanted (?). Like I want a baby, for example (赤ちゃんを欲しい).

"Konnichiwa! Kyou buta wa suki desuga niwatori suki de wa arimasen.
Atsui no hi ni wa watashi wa butaniku wo hoshii desuga keiniku wo hoshii de wa nai kara. Sore de wa hanashi wo kiite arigatou."

Anyone else?

haha. i can imagine that.

Back
Top Bottom