What's new

Street brawler for US president?

7 Jun 2008
Alaska Governor Sarah Palin ran for vice-president (to Republican presidential candidate John McCain) in 2008. After losing the election, Palin quit her job as our governor to cash in on her national celebrity status as rightwing icon. People have been talking about running her for president in 2016.

Ten days ago the Palin family attended a party right next door to my house and evidently had a bit too much to drink. They got into a street brawl with some other people. I heard the shouting, but from my front deck I wasn't close enough to see anything. The story made the national print and TV media, and most recently is reported here in our local paper:

Eyewitness of Palin brawl speaks about aftermath, crowdfunding video | Alaska Dispatch

Reporters have been calling our house and one local TV station wanted to put me on TV. I declined on the ground that I didn't really know anything about the fight, since I wasn't at the party.

Mr. Putin had better be prepared. The US could possibly have a genuine street-brawler as president in 2016.

Would the country really be so desperate as to vote for someone as ignorant and greedy as her? (As I type that, I sadly know the answer.)

Would the country really be so desperate as to vote for someone as ignorant and greedy as her? (As I type that, I sadly know the answer.)

I don't understand why you would say they would vote for her out of desperation. I think its more like they identify with her, just like they did with Bush II. Ignorant and greedy? Well yeah. Two reasons why they identify.

Street brawling? Just another reason to identify.

I heard about that on the news. I just wish some of Sarah's clothing would have gotten torn off. She's great looking.

Back
Top Bottom