What's new

Sentence Correction

I would have said ポケットモンスターについて(は)全て教えてください。
Using を to me is like "please tell me all the pocket monsters." :note:
D'oh. I wrote it that way first, not sure why I ended up like I did :eek:

"get your eyes ready because you're going to have to tell which is the real teliko. Look at they're HP."

Now, what does "because" mean in this case?
You could think of it like a dialogue between two people:
Guide: "Get your eyes ready!"
You: "Why?"
Guide: "Because you will have to look at the HP to work out the real Teliko"

So it is indicating the reason for asking you to do the previous action.

You could think of it like a dialogue between two people:
Guide: "Get your eyes ready!"
You: "Why?"
Guide: "Because you will have to look at the HP to work out the real Teliko"
So it is indicating the reason for asking you to do the previous action.
So, try to tell me the japanese meaning in this case.

Kamaru: your question seems kind of unrelated to the topic at hand, but I'll try to answer it anyways: In print, さ and きlook as they do on the left side of your photo, and in writing, the tail is disconnected (as on the right side). ち does not change. The reason for this is unrelated to the use of diacritical marks to made consonant changes to these morae (which is why へ doesn't change).

My question was "What does because mean in 'get your eyes ready because you're going to have to tell which is the real teliko. Look at they're HP.' in the japanese way?"

That seems to be incongruent with the original question in this thread, and this one is actually
"get your eyes ready because you're going to have to tell which is the real teliko. Look at they're HP."

Now, what does "because" mean in this case?
"because" means "because," the second clause is a reason. Your question still doesn't make sense. Are you asking what would "because" translate into? Even that has no single answer. Like I said earlier in this thread, translation is just an approximation. Besides, if this thread is about sentence correction, why are you asking for a translation?

That seems to be incongruent with the original question in this thread, and this one is actually

"because" means "because," the second clause is a reason. Your question still doesn't make sense. Are you asking what would "because" translate into? Even that has no single answer. Like I said earlier in this thread, translation is just an approximation. Besides, if this thread is about sentence correction, why are you asking for a translation?
I thought if I give you a sentence to correct, you would correct it. I was actually trying to learn the japanese way of "because" in this case. I thought I could get the meaning..

I thought if I give you a sentence to correct, you would correct it. I was actually trying to learn the japanese way of "because" in this case. I thought I could get the meaning..
I'm telling you it's practically impossible until you understand the difference between an English "correction" and the Japanese "translation." :p

Ore ga pokki- ga motta kara mou kurakka- wo tabenai=now that I have the pocky, I won't be eating crackers anymore.

Is it a correct translation?

Not an exact translation, but the "kara" is working in that sentence in the way you translated it. Given that your main concern here seems to be how "kara" works, I would say that it's close enough for your purposes.

*braces for the impending flame to come*

kono bun wa dou?:

Shitana no anzen shite ne-!=You still haven't learn your lesson!

Is it correct?

doesn't make any sense, and I've never heard "Shitana" before. Could you maybe try using Kanji/kana for these? It makes it much harder to guess at what you are talking about when you use romaji.

Shita na no anzen shite ne-!=You still haven't learn your lesson!
Ima wa dou?

I'm afraid that your sentence does not make any sense.

Shita na no anzen shite ne-!
shita = (1) did (past form of "suru" = "to do")
(2) below, under (3) tongue
shitana = (you) did it (can be translated in several ways depending on the context)
no = of
anzen = safety
shite = te-form of "suru"
shite ne- = please do, or contracted form of shitenai (did not)

If you want to say "You still haven't learn your lesson!", you can say
(anata wa) mada gakka wo benkyou shiteinai/shitenai
for example.

I get that sentence from Gash Bell 39. Please start at 4:19 to see what I'm talking about. Tokorode, kono word wa dou?:

Majestic twelve=juuni nin no ?????

「ちっとも反省してねぇ!もう許さねぇ!」

Tittomo hansei sitenee! Mou yurusanee! = Tittomo hansei sitenai. Mou yurusanai.

Which kind of translates to: "(It looks like) you don't feel bad about it/you don't feel like apologizing!! I can't let you get away with this!!"

But as earlier posters have tried to express: translating Japanese to English literally is quite difficult. So obviously the translators of this Manga have changed it a little to keep it readable/understandable in English. 😅

There ya go.

「ちっとも反省してねぇ!もう許さねぇ!」
Tittomo hansei sitenee! Mou yurusanee! = Tittomo hansei sitenai. Mou yurusanai.
Which kind of translates to: "(It looks like) you don't feel bad about it/you don't feel like apologizing!! I can't let you get away with this!!"
But as earlier posters have tried to express: translating Japanese to English literally is quite difficult. So obviously the translators of this Manga have changed it a little to keep it readable/understandable in English.
There ya go.

Sankyuu. ?????????????

Minna-san, ore wa houston ni moving to desu. I post another one because I can't edit for some reason.

dai ichi bun:ano.. inta-netto de iku koto wa ii?=umm.. Is it ok if I can go on the internet?

dai ni bun:hai, shikashi condition wa hitotsu, atama no chikara wo misetekdasai.=OK, but one condition, show me if you're smart enough.

dai san bun:wakatta.

Which of those sentence is correct? tokorode I post another one because I can't find a way to edit the previous post I made.

Back
Top Bottom