What's new

Scholarship Stipend Cut down from April 2012 (MEXT)

ankitravankar

先輩
24 Jul 2009
Dear All,

Sorry to break the bad news but just received an email from the administration at Hokkaido University that Amount of scholarship will be cut down starting April 2012..

Got the following statements from the University..

"On the basis of the increasingly severe financial conditions,reflecting the
fall of the consumer price index,the amont of monthly stipends will be
changed as follows after April 2012,regardless of the year of selection.

<Until March 2012>
Undergraduate Students : 123,000 yen (Nov. to Mar. 126,000 yen)
Master's Course Students: 152,000 yen (Nov. to Mar. 155,000 yen)
Doctor's Course Students: 153,000 yen (Nov. to Mar.156,000 yen)
Research Students : 150,000 yen (Nov. to Mar.153,000 yen)

<From April 2012>
Undergraduate Students : 117,000 yen (Nov. to Mar. 120,000 yen)
Master's Course Students: 144,000 yen (Nov. to Mar. 147,000 yen)
Doctor's Course Students: 145,000 yen (Nov. to Mar. 148,000 yen)
Research Students : 143,000 yen (Nov. to Mar. 146,000 yen)"

Also there are rumors that there will be cut down on number of scholarships from next session depending how Financial conditions pick up.. Already in our University the University Recommendation Scholarships are reduced to half starting coming session April 2012.

My professor said there are chances that it will be totally stopped from next session..

This is a bad time for Japan .. I hope nothing like this happens and Students do not get affected by all this....

For all those applying.. try your best this year ....

Ankit

Hokkaido University
Japan

Attachments

• Stipend.jpg
    Stipend.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 220
This is really worrisome. I expected it to get cut again this year, but not by this much. I thought maybe 2000 yen. Also, the budget was increased this year.

hi ankitravankar, i received a similar email right now. the amount is same mentioned in my email even though i thought it will vary based on city.
I have question. can you tell me whether i can differ my entry to October . i the for i checked even though i would like to go in October i am available in April. Now i don want april enrollment...

hi ankitravankar, i received a similar email right now. the amount is same mentioned in my email even though i thought it will vary based on city.
I have question. can you tell me whether i can differ my entry to October . i the for i checked even though i would like to go in October i am available in April. Now i don want april enrollment...

Yes you can change when you wish to arrive , but I would recommend you to come in April only as it will help you settle down easily with you course.

Back
Top Bottom