What's new

Saddam Hussein convicted and sentenced to death

About the issue to kill or let live, I think that people who committed serious crimes like serial killing or mass murder shouldn't be killed. If they kill these people who are rare and not known much about, then some serious research is gone...

The FBI uses profiling right? But on what is that based?Mostly on speculation and a few observations. They should be using these people instead and lock them up in a high security prison for life and allow them to participate on psychological examinations and interviews in order to get some extra privileges. That way they can learn more about these kind on people and it would help to prevent casualties in some cases.

Yea i agree with that i mean they put a criminal away for so many years let them out and they do the same thing again

I have to disagree with that statement... with good guidance and a little support they can be model citizens again.

I do not believe in the death penalty either, not even for Hitler.
These types should be studied to figure out how they went so crakkka.

In the same line as another post of mine in this string.

Defense Secretary Nominee Robert Gates Tied to...the Secret Arming of Saddam Hussein

see also FAIR's press release from 1995
Extra! May/June 1995 Iraqgate: Confession and Cover-Up

It looks like he's another one that's guilty of aiding and abetting as well.

after all:
"By aiding and abetting murder, the Taliban regime is committing murder."
-George W Bush, September 20, 2001

Last edited:
hmmm....I don't think Saddam ever suffered because he was weak. He got, caught, captured and tried for his crimes against his own nataion and now he is paying the price.

I think it is evident that Saddam's trial was an attempt of Bush and Republicans to carry the congressional elections. However, Bush backed the wrong horse.

...Bush has razed Iraq to the ground, killed dozens of thousands of Iraqis, killed thousands of American soldiers in Iraq; Bush and Co. have cruelly tortured 'terrorists' in secret CIA prisons, etc. It does not matter what one does. It only matters what one say when killing (innocent) people, how one justifies and argues for one's deeds. 'We do it for the sake of this and that! We aspire to high aims and dizzy heights, which you are not able to comprehend!' Crusaders acted in the same way, cruelly killing those people who had not wanted to be on the side of Christianity, 'truth,' 'justice,' and 'light.'

I'd like to contemplate Bush being convicted in The Hague court for war criminals.

By the way, there are things that can be much more terrible than death. For example, life...

Translation of the inscription on the picture:

'Fidel, when you recover, we shall stuff this magic wand up George W. Bush's arse!'

Go guys! 😎 I will help you!!! 🙂

Attachments

• 31027.jpg
    31027.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 69
Jeez... don't open fire on me, but I'm a Bush supporter. Sure, killing people is bad, and maybe this sounds insensitive, but it is a necessary evil. Bush went overboard, I agree, but everyone is exaggerating the issue using fallacies and excuses. It's not like we sent troops to target practice with innocents. They shoot at the ones shooting at them. We don't even shoot first. It's all action-reaction, and if a guy with a bomb or gun is charging at you, you would shoot him too. As for torture, they're not going to make the mistake of torturing someone who doesn't have info they need, lets be reasonable. As far as what he says, remember that most leaders are figureheads, using a staff of intelligent minds to write their speeches and explain their actions. Since no one here can really, truthfully say they know exactly what's going on, let's not make accusations. Saddam was bad, and not insane but perfectly in control of what he ordered done. He had to go, one way or the other. Maybe we weren't the ones to do it, but too late now. As for saying the nukes were there, what else could we say to fire up the public? Too bad the American people have let freedom go to their heads. They have a sense of entitlement now, which makes for very fat, lazy people. I love my country, but I am ashamed of my people, as you can see. This kind of argument is exactly why everyone is worried to make an american issues column, so stop mindlessly bashing.

When I was 17, I liked Stalin and Yeltsin. ;-)

If the American soldiers do not like Iraqis' opening fire first, let them (the soldiers) get out of Iraq. If you go into someone else's house with a knife or M-16 in your hand, be ready for being attacked.

It seems to me that many American politicians think that they have a moral right to teach the others living, to impose their will on the others... They constantly forget about the most important, in my opinion, thing in the international law, namely non-interference in the business of the other countries.

Put yourself in the Iraqi people's place. What would you say, if foreign soldiers invaded your country and said that they know better how you should live and how you should think?

Undoubtedly, the country without Hussein (being almost razed to the ground, on the verge of civil war and almost divided into several parts) is much better than that with him. :rolleyes:

No need to pin moral labels. Let us just be honest...

Back
Top Bottom