What's new

Saddam CAPTURED !!!!!

Uncle Frank

先輩
21 May 2003
Bush & Blair get a good Xmas present !!!! The rest of us will have to listen to the news about it non-stop till something else exciting happens.

Frank

👍

👏

GO USA!!!!

Now he can go to our prison and make good friends with all the well-built African Males 😊

Last edited:
I saw this on the news earlier.. Supposedly he was wearing a fake beard!!! :D ..i think my imagination about the fake beard makes it funnier than it actually is.......but what the hey!! ..:D

Porl''

I don't think it was fake...If I were the troops I'd make sure they didn't capture Santa Clause instead :D

Well...We got Michael Jackson and Saddam...Now we just need to capture Osama and Bush, right? 😌

*Waits for government agents to investigate Japan Reference*

Originally posted by SacredBlue

Well...We got Michael Jackson and Saddam...Now we just need to capture Osama and Bush, right? 😌
*Waits for government agents to investigate Japan Reference*

:D lol

just *hope* there'll be lesser insurgent attacks after Saddam's capture....

I don't think it'll have much effect on the war though. Saddam didn't have a radio or anything so he wasn't organizing the attacks. They said after his sons were killed the insurgency would die down, but it only increased. On the one hand, it'll probably discourage some of Saddam's followers. On the other hand, it'll probably encourage revenge attacks. Plus people who had passively accepted the occupation for fear that Saddam would return no longer have to worry about that.

That's what I'm thinking. That his capture will generate more attacks out of revenge. The whole situation is just maddening to me. I don't even want to get started... *sigh*

Yeah, true true... Altho the capture of Saddam doesn't really mean much; it sure does send a strong political message out to the world.

As you were saying, it may trigger more revenge attacks since many consider the videoclip of Saddam being examined by doctors as an insult to the Arab world. However, hopefully Saddam's arrest may lead to more arrests (link) of leaders who are planning out attacks....

Only time will tell..... :smoke:

Well, we need to find Mr. Time Mizer and see if he can't get Mr. Heat Mizer and Freeze Mizer to go to the Middle-East and see if they can't bring the non-denominational Holiday season of peace and goodwill to men (and women and children and life in general)

but for the radical terrorists, they really don't care about which country does what to each other as long as chaos and terror reigns...but that's the way it is... :p

@den4.
I know your right, but we all live in hope and wish that harmony can be restored to the planet if that's the right political statement for our time. A world without torture and rule is what we are all after, but at what price... this answer has yet to be given by any parliament, regime or, division or fraction of life, so what are we prepared to surrender to achieve this goal? Maybe it's just my Nr. Irish connections etc. that make me feel that nothing is free? Or possibly I"m just paranoid...
Saddam has been captured ect, executed this man and will be a martyr, assign him to a life in imprisonment, and is a dedicated soldier... I know which title the world would appreciate,🙂
martyrs cause up-risings 🙂 🙂

I was just reading an article in the Guardian which said that Saddam's capture is likely to benefit the rebellion against the occupation more than harm it. Saddam's continued existance had probably been preventing a lot of people, including the Shiites from fighting the occupation. Now that Saddam is out of the way, the Bathist factions in the resistance will likely loose stature and allow for a more broadly-based nationalist leadership to take control of the insurgency. This would be seen as much more legitimate in the eyes of those Iraqis who had previously seen the insurgents as tools of Saddam.

The partying and back-patting in Washington may turn out to be short lived after all.

Originally posted by senseiman
I was just reading an article in the Guardian which said that Saddam's capture is likely to benefit the rebellion against the occupation more than harm it. Saddam's continued existance had probably been preventing a lot of people, including the Shiites from fighting the occupation. Now that Saddam is out of the way, the Bathist factions in the resistance will likely loose stature and allow for a more broadly-based nationalist leadership to take control of the insurgency. This would be seen as much more legitimate in the eyes of those Iraqis who had previously seen the insurgents as tools of Saddam.

The partying and back-patting in Washington may turn out to be short lived after all.
Did they contrast this against a scenario in which governing coalition gives a perfunctory search for Saddam, takes the calculated risk to try and keep the insurgency centered around him (even though from what I understand international terrorist groups had become a more central concern even before his capture), schedule a date for national elections, cut their losses and start pulling out?

SHOULD'VE ..........

They should have left him in the hole with nothing but a roll of toilet paper, and established a village outhouse over the top.

FILL ER UP PLEASE !!!!!!

Frank

👏 :p 👍

I think its WAAAAAAAY too early to calculate the effects of saddam's capture, or its affect on the Presidential race in the US. Someone ask me in Februraryand then maybe I could give a prediction, but anything right now is pure speculation. I think saddam's capture came too late from preventing more violence from spreading, but I disagree that it will cause more violence. The south and north have been very quiet and I doubt the Shias and the Kurds have now more reason to rebel. The Sunnis in the central region probably have insitutionalized resistance, going from pro bathist to anti american in their views.
What I am wondering about is how the capture will affect wider society. If less of wider society doesn't support the movement then there will be less places that insurgents can utilize to gain support. ITs all too early to predict if that will happen. Furthermore the elections are 11 months away, and saddam's capture will be forgotten if they have a beirut style bombing. If there are less attacks then Bush will probably win. What the Democrats have to do is put their chips on the table. Kerry has to get his head out of his #@$ and Sit up and say a clear policy, a moderate policy that can attract as many voters from the public. Democrats know that Dean is completely unelectable in southern states, as much as he is trying to cosy up to the far right. His only strengths are his radical proposals which get most of the odd prephery states and the traditional democratic base of minorities. He has to say he does not support the war in iraq and hope the situation goes his way. Another reason why you shouldn;t predict until Februrary is to see what the retail figures from the 3rd quarter are... bad and the economy is going to tank. Good and there is probably a prospect of a recovery. The current recovery in the US is due to macroeconomic spending by the Government, primary in the defence sector and the tax cuts. That does not mean its a recovery per say. If it does inspire growth, then it will have worked, if it doesn't then the economy is going to be in a bad shape. This christmas season will tell you how it will go. Wait till february.

yeah, but most of the Shiites have only been putting up with the US occupation in the hopes that they will reap some sort of political power windfall from it. I don't think that the US is going to allow them take over the country, and at some point they will have to decide whether to settle for whatever the Americans are willing to give them, or throw their lot in with the resistance. Politically speaking, with Saddam out of the way it would make it much easier to rationalize supporting the resistance against the Americans than it would have been if Saddam was still at large.

"Well, we need to find Mr. Time Mizer and see if he can't get Mr. Heat Mizer and Freeze Mizer..."

LOL, Heat Mizer... that brings back Holiday memories of when I was growing up, heh.
:)

Originally posted by deborah gormley
so what to do with Sadam??????:eek:
I know what I would do!!!! 🙂
Trap him in a cage! And get a stampede of rats to bite his toes away!!!! MwahahHAHAHAAAA!!

Back
Top Bottom